NS Design NXT4VN ViolinWith a sleek visual appearance as balanced and extraordinary as its sound, the NXT Violin embodies world-class performance, features, design and craftsmanship. Versatile and roadworthy, this exciting instrument is made expressly for the burgeoning plugged-in world, with new ways to connect with your music, other musicians, and new audiences.
Performance VersatilityAt the heart of the NXT Violin, the NS Polar Pickup System captures the full spectrum of frequencies, harmonics, warmth and nuance, capable of exceptional acoustic performance when that's your intent. But in fact, because the signal coming from the Polar pickup is so rich, everything is available for pedals, mixers and other electronics to modify, so you can take your sound down any path you choose. On stage, since the NXT is purely electric, you can move anywhere, and play at any volume with any EQ, completely free of feedback.
Exceptional Comfort and Freedom Light weight and perfect balance are critical performance factors for any electric violin, and the NXT Series tops the charts as one of the lightest electric violins on the market. The familiar dimensions and landmarks on the NXT make for an easy transition from an acoustic. The feel of the strings, neck and fingerboard give an immediate sense of ease. The patented NS Tuning System, which is integrated into the body, makes tuning fast, effortless, and incredibly stable. Its location keeps the balance point of the instrument close to the shoulder for maximum comfort. The Custom Shoulder Rest has a unique malleable base which can be adjusted to fit the shoulder and chest comfortably.
Features:- Solid Maple Body
- Straight grain maple neck
- Easily removable bout for unrestricted neck access
- 40:1 fine tuners
- Height adjustable bridge
- Polar directional piezo pickup system
- Hardshell case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of NS Design products.
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 21.25 x 4 5/16 x 2 9/16" / 540 x 110 x 65 mm
- Weight: 585g
- Scale Length: 13" / 330mm
- Body: Solid, with maple face
- Neck: Straight grain maple
- Body Reference Bout: Black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access
- Fingerboard: Hand-graduated, asymmetric relief
- Bridge: Black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body
- Precision Tuning Hardware: 40:1 fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes
- Pickups: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin). A switch allows the player to choose the desired response
- Electronics & Controls: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off)
- Chin & Shoulder Rest: Ergonomically designed to support the instrument securely without the left hand. The padded shoulder rest is fully adjustable for height and angle. Knobs are located within easy reach of the right hand so adjustments can be made with the instrument in playing position.
- Hardshell Case: Fabric covered hard foam core, padded, form fitting interior. Holds 2 bows, shoulder rest, output cable, and extra gear.
- Case Dimensions: (L x W x H) 32 x 8.5 x 5.5" / 81 x 21 x 14cm
- Case Weight: 6 lb/ 2.7 kg loaded weight
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):