Novation Launchkey 61 MK2 MIDI Keyboard
The MK2 version of Novation's essential 61-note USB keyboard controller for Ableton Live, with 16 velocity-sensitive RGB pads, 8 knobs, dedicated navigation and control buttons, and software for Mac and PC, including Ableton Live Lite.
Watch artist Alex Maxwell perform on a Novation Launchkey controller in this video:
Novation Launchkey (MK2) is the quickest and easiest way to produce and perform electronic music using Ableton Live. You just plug in via USB and the keys, faders, knobs and velocity-sensitive RGB pads give you immediate hands-on control of your session view, instruments, effects, and mixer. Launch clips, control FX, play beats, and much more using 16 pads laid out in two rows of eight, to match your Ableton Live session view; one row to launch clips, and one row to stop them. Full color RGB LEDs mean they'll match the color of your clips too, while velocity-sensitivity lets you really put some feeling into your beats. Launchkey is designed to let you shape your sound however you like. Use eight rock solid rotary knobs to tweak your instruments and effects, and nine dedicated faders for hands-on control of your mixer.
The 61-note synth-style keyboard is lightweight, fast and very easy to play, but also velocity-sensitive so you can create truly expressive performances. All the controls integrate seamlessly and immediately with Ableton Live, and can be reassigned to anything. Of course, if you do not use Ableton, it will map to other major music software using InControl.
Launchkey 61 is tough enough to take and use anywhere. It will work the moment you plug it into your laptop and you won't need any drivers or power cables, because it's class compliant and bus-powered via USB. Launchkey comes with absolutely everything you need to start making music: Ableton Live Lite, our Bass Station and V-Station virtual instruments, plus a comprehensive 4GB collection of production-ready samples from world-leading sample store Loopmasters.
- Designed for Ableton Live: All controls work immediately and can be freely reassigned.
- See Your Session: Full color RGB pads match the color of your clips.
- Create Expressive Beats: All 16 pads are velocity-sensitive for creating dynamic drum beats.
- Shape Your Sound: Tweak your instruments and effects using eight rock solid knobs.
- Create Expressive Performances: The 61-note velocity-sensitive synth-style keyboard is lightweight, fast and very easy to play.
- Perfect Your Mix: Get hands-on control of your mixer using nine full-sized faders.
- Take It Anywhere: Compact and tough enough to throw in your bag without needing a power cable.
- Control All Major Music Software: Get automatic hands-on control of other DAWs using InControl.
- Plug In and Play: Fully USB bus-powered and class compliant, so it works without drivers or a power cable.
- Make Music Immediately: Includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station and V Station virtual instruments, and over 1GB of Loopmasters samples.
- 61 note velocity sensitive synth style keyboard
- 16 full-color RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 knobs
- 9 sliders (49 & 61 note) 1 slider (25 note)
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 7 segment 3 character LED display
- 2 Track / MIDI Channel buttons
- 8 mute / solo buttons plus toggle button (49 & 61 note)
- 3 InControl buttons (49 & 61 note) 2 InControl buttons (25 note)
- 2 full-color RGB backlit round buttons
- USB socket, DC power socket, Sustain pedal 1/4" jack socket
- Kensington security slot
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Novation products.
- Software Compatibility: Ableton Live Lite 9 is included. If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9 or greater to work with Launchkey. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchkey integration for InControl. Launchkey will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- Power Requirements: Fully USB bus powered (Power supply not included)
- Maximum power consumption: 9V DC 250mA >
- Product Dimensions: (L x D x H) 940 x 270 x 90mm
- OS Compatibility: Mac OSX 10.10, Mac OSX 10.9, Mac OSX 10.8, Mac OSX 10.7, Windows 8, Windows 7, iOS
- System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, iOS 8, iOS 7 - Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required (not included)
- What is in the box: Launchkey 61, Green USB cable, Getting Started guide, Live Lite registration card
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):