Drive Any Keyboard Performance with 3 Powerful Nord Sound Engines!Offering impressive sound generation technology from Clavia Nord, plus a 76 key, natural-feeling keybed, a wealth of effects, and more, the Nord Stage 2 HA76 wraps up all the performance features you could ask for into one elegant, incredibly powerful instrument. Send your band into high gear with a slew of realistic, advanced tones and FX, or create your own sample instruments and expand your setup with downloadable Nord sounds for a style that you won't hear anywhere else. Professional keyboardists and gigging musicians can hit the stage running with the Nord Stage 2 HA76.
Three Sound Sections: Nord Piano, Nord Organ and Nord SynthMade for the live stage, the 76-key Nord Stage 2 HA76 is your go-to piano, organ, and synth in one. You can play its three separate sound sections -- Piano, Organ, and Synth -- combined in a single program, and convenient keyboard split functionality lets you draw from organ and piano tones, for example, on different parts of the keyboard, for a richer playing field.
The instrument's Piano section offers sample-based acoustic pianos, vintage electric pianos, and intelligent string resonance, which accurately reproduces the sound of the piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other strings are played. For even more realism, the Stage 2 works with the optional Nord Triple Pedal to add dynamic pedal noise to any performance. Meanwhile, selectable Piano Release yields a slightly longer release for smooth legato playing. You can keep your piano sounds fresh and up to date by downloading free sounds from the free online Nord Piano Library.
In the Organ section, you'll find B3 tonewheel organ modeling, simulations of classic Vox and Farfisa transistor organs, and a rotary speaker model with three mode speeds. Draw buttons and LED bar graphs replace traditional mechanical drawbars, and a pre-programmed, highly responsive keybed is all set to accommodate lightning fast organ techniques.
Round out your sound set with modern synths. Choose from classic analog synthesis with dual saw, hard sync, and pulse wave modulation; 3-operator FM synthesis with 32 different modulation frequencies; and wavetable synthesis with 62 waveforms and sample-based synthesis. You also get a multimode filter with 12 and 24 dB low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and notch filters; a syncable Arpeggiator; and an Amp envelope, Modulation envelope, an LFO, and Unison control. As with the Piano section, the Stage 2's powerful synth engine is always expandable with free sounds from the Nord Sample Library.
Extensive FXWhile the Stage 2 HA88 does have a rather awesome set of preset sounds, you'll likely want to customize them in some way with the piano's stellar set of effects to match. Make the sounds your own with everything from Tremolo, a ton of Wah types, and AutoPan to Phasers, Choruses, Flanger, Vibe effects, Delay, amp simulation, three-band EQ, Rotary Speaker emulation, and professional mastering effects like Compressor and Reverb. Each instrument section can be individually routed through the Stage 2's built-in effect units, giving you an easy way to turn FX on and off, control what they do with a touch of a button, and more.
Easy Programming and Control OptionsDuring a live performance, programming the Stage 2 is no problem -- the piano features an intuitive layout that just makes sense, with all the sound generators and controls grouped into their respective sections (Piano, Organ, Synth). It's easy to tell which settings are active, and getting into the nitty gritty of your most-used functions is just a matter of turning dedicated single-function knobs. Nord's Pitch Stick and Modulation Wheel provide extra ways to express yourself, while the Morph Grouping technique allows you to assign sound and effects parameters to physical controllers.
Your Master KeyboardControl external devices at the drop of a hat with the Extern Section, which enables seamless integration of any MIDI-connected gear with the Stage 2's built-in instruments. Zones, splits, and layers are handled exactly as if the external equipment was a part of the Stage 2 itself, and all settings are saved together with a program so advanced setups can be recalled instantly in real time during a performance.
Features:- Stage piano with 76 fully weighted hammer-action keys
- Full piano section with sample-based acoustic pianos, vintage electric pianos, and advanced string resonance
- Natural-sounding performances come courtesy of long piano releaseand dynamic pedal noise via the optional Nord Triple Pedal
- Compatible with the Nord Piano Library and Nord Sample Library, for adding more sounds to your rig
- Powerful synth section boasts classic analog, FM, and wavetable synthesis
- Do more with sample playback, arpeggiator, and master clock functionality
- Organ section offers B3 tonewheel organ modeling, simulations of classic Vox and Farfisa organs, and a rotary speaker model with 3 mode speeds
- Draw buttons with LED bar graphs offer at-a-glance overview of active drawbar settings
- Comprehensive effects section for sweetening your sound
- Single-function control knobs and instant visibility of current settings
- External section allows the Nord Stage 2 to serve as a master keyboard
- Expanded Live Mode with 5 locations
- USB-MIDI connectivity
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Clavia Nord products.
- Master Level Control- Wooden Pitch Stick- Modulation Wheel- 400 Programs: 4 Banks with 20 Pages each. Each Page has 5 Program locations- Program Categories- Program Sort Modes: numerical, alphabetical or by category- 5 Live Buffers- 2 Individual Slot Setups- 3 Morph sources: Modulation Wheel, Control Pedal, Aftertouch- Global Mono output- Programmable Transpose +/- 6 semitones- Master Clock functionality with manual, external and tap-tempo rate control- Internal and MIDI clock source- MIDI over USB functionality- Organ Section:
- Piano Section:
- - B3 Tone wheel Organ, Vox Continental and Farfisa models with full polyphony
- - 9 digitally controlled Drawbars
- - Percussion controls
- - Vibrato / Chorus control
- - Two Drawbar settings per program
- - 2-Part Multitimbral (2 manuals)
- Synth Section:
- - Approx. 500 Megabyte memory for Piano sounds
- - Acoustic Grand Pianos
- - Upright Pianos
- - Electric Pianos
- - Wurlitzer A200 Electric Piano
- - Clavinet D6
- - Harpsichords
- - Electric Grand Pianos incl. CP-80
- - 40-60 Voices Polyphony
- - 4 Selectable Velocity Curves
- - Clavinet EQ controls
- - Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) on acoustic Grand Pianos and Uprights
- - Selectable Piano Release
- - Pedal Noise when used with Nord Triple Pedal (optional accessory) on selected acoustic and electric pianos)
- - Slot Detune functionality
- - 2-Part Multitimbral
- Global Parameters:
- - Sample Playback synthesis: approx. 380 Megabytes of sample memory, up to 999 Sample Instruments.
- - Analog synthesis: Multiple waveforms - including Dual Saw, Hard Sync and PWM
- - FM synthesis: 2 & 3 Operator FM synthesis
- - Wavetables synthesis: 62 waveforms
- - 18 Voices polyphony
- - Unison control - with no reduction in polyphony
- - Amplitude envelope
- - Modulation envelope
- - 12 & 24 dB Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Notch Filter with Resonance
- - LFO with 4 waveforms (square, triangle, ramp and sample & hold)
- - 300 Patch memory locations
- - Arpeggiator (Up, Down, Up-Down and Random). Range: 1, 2, 3 or 4 octaves.
- - LFO and Arpeggiator synchronizable to Master Clock
- - 2-Part Multitimbral
- - Level control
- - Zone (split assignment) control
- - Effect 1: Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Pan, Wah, AutoWah 1, Autowah 2
- - Effect 2: Flanger, Vibe, 2 Phasers, 2 Choruses
- - Delay - with Ping Pong (stereo taps) and Tap-Tempo
- - 3 types of Speaker simulations, JC, Twin and Small
- - Tube amp simulation with adjustable overdrive
- - 3-band Equalizer with sweepable mid. EQ ranges: 100 Hz, 200 Hz - 8 kHz and 4 kHz
- - Rotary Speaker: selectable speed (Stop, Slow and Fast) and separate overdrive
- - Effect rates/tempo can be synchronized to the Master Clock
- - Master Effects:
- - Compressor
- - Reverb: 6 algorithms
- - HA76 model: Hammer Action Weighted keyboards. Range: E-G
- - Aftertouch
- - Supports 3 split zones with visual LED indication
Dimensions: 44" x 13" x 4.7" (1121 x 334 x 118 mm)
Weight: 36 lb (16.5 kg)
Nord Stage 2 HA76 Stage Piano 76-KeyPart of Nord's flagship Stage 2 instrument line, the Nord Stage 2 HA76 stage piano represents a stunning take on the famous Stage series. Utilizing Nord's sound generation technology in the three categories of Piano, Organ and Synthesizer combined with a well thought-out, user friendly interface, a choice of premium keybeds and an almost obsessive level of quality control, the Stage 2 HA76 truly sets itself apart as an instrument for the professional performing musician.
The Nord Stage 2 is compatible with the Nord Sample Library and also the Nord Sample Editor software that lets you create your own sample instruments, for infinite possibilities! Combined with Nord Piano Library compatibility the Nord Stage 2 is an instrument that offers huge expandability.
The HA76 Model: 76-note Fully Weighted Hammer Action KeyboardNaturally, a keyboard is not just about the sound but also the feel. The Stage 2 Stage 2 HA76 features Nord's top-of-the-line fully weighted Hammer Action keyboard that also has been improved for response when playing rapid repeated notes. During the assembly of each instrument in our Stockholm factory, every keybed is individually and specifically tuned for a consistent response and balance.
The Sound InsideThe Stage 2 has three sound generating sections; Piano, Organ and Synthesizer, all of which can be used simultaneously. Furthermore, up to two sounds from each section can be combined in a single program for massive sonic flexibility.
Piano SectionThe Stage 2 Piano section has evolved from the multi award winning Nord Piano; featuring state-of-the-art sampling techniques the Stage 2's pianos capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the individual source instruments. Combined with the intelligent String Resonance that reproduces the sound of the piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other strings are played, and compatibility with the optional Nord Triple Pedal that adds Dynamic Pedal Noise - the result is breathtaking realism and an unsurpassed expressiveness.
A great feature in the Nord Stage 2 is the Selectable Piano Release function. With Piano Release activated you get a slightly longer release more suitable for legato playing. This important feature reflects adjusting the damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
In addition to vivid acoustic Grand and Upright pianos, the Piano section also features some of the finest, most desirable vintage electric pianos. The Stage 2's piano sounds are future-proof thanks to its compatibility with the Nord Piano Library. This free online library is continuously updated with both upgraded existing pianos and pianos to keep your instrument constantly renewed.
Organ SectionOver ten years have passed since Nord made their first digital model of a tone wheel organ. The Stage 2's dedicated organ section now uses their third generation B3 Organ model, the same as found in the acclaimed Nord C2 Organ.
Considered by many to be the most accurate emulation of the B3 ever, the Stage 2's organ model is based on the analysis of the signals from each of the 91 spinning discs inside several original instruments and painstaking work on understanding exactly how all the components interact with each other. The virtual circuitry reacts not only to the settings on the panel but also during the real time performance. The Stage 2 will faithfully reproduce the important foldback and energy robbing characteristics; the latter will produce the gentle compression effect that makes those lovely smears absolutely wonderful. There are 3 tone wheel modes that allow you to switch from a clean, factory spec'd instrument to a worn and battered workhorse with many years of touring.
Nord also created carefully modeled emulations of two of the most famous transistor organs from the 1960's, the Vox Continental and the Farfisa Compact. Alongside the organ's themselves, the Stage 2 features Nord's rotary speaker simulation derived from the C2. Incorporating the acoustic variations that occur as a physical rotating spreads the sound around in a room, they bring the Stage 2's organs to life with remarkable realism. In terms of control, "Draw buttons" and LED bar graphs have replaced the original mechanical drawbars. This gives you the advantage of always having the correct drawbar settings after changing preset. For Organ sounds only, the Stage 2's keybed is programmed to respond at its highest trigger position, resulting in authentic feel and allowing lightning fast organ techniques.
Synth SectionThe Stage 2's powerful synthesizer engine was built from the DNA of the Nord Wave. Capable of classic analogue synthesis, three operator FM synthesis, Wavetable synthesis and, crucially, compatibility with the Nord Sample Library. The Nord Sample Library not only give Stage 2 owners access to the huge free library of world-class sounds, including the famous vintage Mellotron and Chamberlin samples previously only available to Nord Wave and Nord Electro 3 users, but thanks to the included Nord Sample Editor for Mac and PC, allows user-created samples to be loaded into the instrument and thus opening up a whole creative world of sound.
The Synth engine itself features classic analogue synthesis with dual saw, hard sync and pulse wave modulation, three-operator FM synthesis with 32 different modulation frequencies, Wavetable synthesis with 62 waveforms and Sample based synthesis. A great-sounding multimode filter features 12 and 24dB low pass, high pass, band pass and notch filters. And with an Amp envelope, Modulation envelope, an LFO, and Unison control, the Stage 2's synth capabilities are hugely powerful, delivering amazing on-stage sound.
The Synth section also features a Arpeggiator that can be easily synced to the Stage 2's Master Clock for perfect timing with other elements of the Stage 2, including its effects.
Programming and ControlTo make programming and on-stage control as simple as possible Nord has arranged the sound generators and controls of the Stage 2 into dedicated sections - Piano, Organ and Synth. Not only does this make for a very intuitive approach to programming but also instantly shows you which settings are active. There are no deep menus, no complicated screens to navigate. All vital functions are controlled by dedicated single-function knobs.
In addition Nord's patented Pitch Stick and Modulation Wheel allow maximum musical expression and their efficient Morph Grouping technique is also included, allowing you to assign sound and effects parameters to physical controllers.
Extern SectionThe Nord Stage 2 wouldn't be a master keyboard if it couldn't control external devices with ease. The Extern Section is designed solely for this purpose, so that any MIDI-connected gear gets seamlessly integrated with the Stage 2's built-in instruments. Zones, splits and layers are handled exactly as if the external equipment was a part of the Stage 2 itself. All settings are saved together with a Program so advanced setups can be immediately recalled in real-time during a performance. You can even use the Extern Section to automatically transmit Bank Select and Program Change messages to your external units.
The KeyboardNaturally, a keyboard is not just about the sound but also the feel. The Stage 2 HA88 and Stage 2 HA76 features a top-of-the-line fully weighted Hammer Action keyboard that also has been improved for response when playing rapid repeated notes. The Stage 2 SW73 features a 73-note Semi Weighted Waterfall keyboard. At Nord they also do something that nobody else does: during the assembly of each instrument in Nord's Stockholm factory, every keybed is individually and specifically tuned for a consistent response and balance.
Effect SectionNo sound is complete without the proper use of effects. The Nord Stage 2 incorporated all the effects required to cover musicians' needs. All of the three instrument sections - Organ, Piano and Synth - can be routed individually through the Stage 2's built-in effect units. Turning the effects on and off, and controlling the routing is easily done by a touch of dedicated buttons, readily accessible at the bottom of each effects unit.
The Master Clock function makes it easy to sync effects to other elements, like the arpeggiator, LFO or even one of the other effects. You can easily lock the effect rate to a range of note values - make the delay do quarter note triplets of what arpeggiator is playing, while the LFO gently sweeps the filter up and down in half notes, all perfectly interlocked. The Master Clock can also be controlled by an external MIDI clock - perfect for syncing your parts to a backing track, including tempo changes!
Effect 1Here you can choose from Tremolo, two Wahs, an Auto-Wah, and an AutoPan. Use the AutoWah with a Clavinet for raw funk licks, create a psychedelic vibe with an Electric Piano on AutoPan, or give a Wurlitzer some body using the Tremolo. There is also a Ring Modulator on board, an effect used by many experimental and electronic musicians.
Effect 2The two Phasers, two Choruses, the Flanger and Vibe effect are modeled from the classic analog stomp boxes that define the sound of popular music. These swirling Phasers, metallic Flangers, and thick Choruses that are used by uncompromising professionals everywhere are crystal clear and faithfully simulated on the Nord Stage 2.
DelayA delay unit has been included to create haunting echoes or slap back effects. The delay also supports a ping-pong mode, and the tempo can easily be adjusted with the tap-tempo button, or synced to the master clock. The delay also has an Analog mode for creating those classic "warped" sounds when changing the delay rate on repeats.
Amp Simulation & EqualizerThis effect section combines a three-band equalizer with a sophisticated amplifier and speaker cabinet modeler. Classic amplifiers and speakers are a crucial part to make vintage Electric piano sounds come alive. Nord offers the famous sounds of speaker simulations of a Twin Reverb, a Jazz Chorus 120 and a Wurlitzer speaker. When no Amp Model is selected, the unit provides a neutral three-band EQ with sweepable mid and a crunchy overdrive.
Rotary SpeakerThe improved Rotary Speaker simulation, which not only brings an essential character to a live organ performance, can also be used with any of the electric or acoustic piano sounds and the synthesizer.
Master EffectsA Compressor and a Reverb are placed at the end of the sound chain, to help you blend your sounds more naturally together. The Reverb unit has six different Hall, Stage and Room spaces to create different atmospheres for your sounds, while the Compressor helps you keep the overall mix tight and under control.
- State-of-the art sample-based Acoustic Pianos
- Advanced Vintage Electric Pianos
- String Resonance
- Selectable Piano Release
- Dynamic Pedal Noise via optional Nord Triple Pedal
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- Nord B3 Organ modeling
- Faithful simulations of classic Vox and Farfisa organs
- Advanced rotary speaker model with slow, fast and stop modes
- Draw buttons with LED bar graphs for easy overview of active drawbar settings.
- Powerful Classic Analogue, FM and Wavetable synthesis
- Sample Playback
- Nord Sample Library compatibility
- Nord Sample Editor software included
- Master Clock
- Comprehensive Effects section
- Single-function control knobs and instant visibility of current settings
- External section allowing the Nord Stage 2 to serve as a master keyboard
- Expanded Live Mode with 5 locations