The Nord Electro 4HP Stage Piano is a high-performance, lightweight synth with the power and precision to perform on stage and in the studio. The Nord Electro 4 series feature everything from the award-winning Electro 3 series, adding the acclaimed Nord C2D tone wheel engine and 122 Rotary Speaker simulation, USB MIDI and more.
Fully Weighted Hammer-action Portable Keybed
Made by Fatar, Nord's HP keybed uses amazingly portable weighted hammer-action piano keys with a key range from E to E. They're perfect for electric and acoustic piano sounds, but also great for organ playing.
The USB port also serves as a USB MIDI interface. No driver required for Mac OS X a WHQL certified driver is available for Windows.
Just plug your MP3 or CD player to the monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal is monitored through the headphone output.
The Electro 4 features two stunning simulations of a vintage 122 cabinet (normal and close), with an equally amazing Drive.
The Nord Electro 4 features the B3 tone wheel organ engine from their flagship organ Nord C2D and includes a redesigned Key Click simulation as well as the Rotary Speaker simulation of a vintage 122 unit with a great overdrive. The percussion model has been improved to offer increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato. Naturally, the vibrato and chorus scanners have been carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels.
The Farfisa and Vox models are just as impressive as the B3, simulating the behavior and unique response of the original instruments. The Farfisa Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrices and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high end.
The Vox Continental's brute design brings you a more hollow tone, but with a very intense character. Both these transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Amp simulations, add some distortion, adjust the EQ and they will definitely get you through any organ gig with flying colors.
The organ can be split, for compact dual manual action and its even possible to assign the lower manual to a second MIDI keyboard. Inputs for a Swell pedal and Rotary Speaker control are also available.
The Nord Electro 4 comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library -- their specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords. All the sounds have been recorded using their state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page.
- Nord C2D B3 tone wheel simulation
- Improved Key Click and Percussion
- 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- Vox and Farfisa organ simulations
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- String Resonance
- Long Release
- Nord Sample Library compatible
- Powerful Effect section
- 4 Live Locations/Program Banks
- Extended Control Pedal Support
- USB MIDI
- 2X Memory for Nord Sound Libraries
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Clavia Nord products.
Piano and Sample Library Section:
- 380 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- 128 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
- The Piano Section has 5 categories - Grand, Upright, EPiano 1 (tine), Epiano 2 (reed) & Clav/Harpsichord. Each category can contain several different models
- All pianos and samples can be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager application
- String Resonance-control
- Long Release
- The Sample Library section can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony for Piano Library sounds. 15 Voices for Sample Library soundsOrgan Section:
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- B3 Tone Wheel Organ engine from Nord C2D Combo Organ
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and key click level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" desired
- MIDI Split: By connecting an extra MIDI keyboard the Nord Electro 4 can be used as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
- Digital LED drawbarsEffects Section:
- Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ring modulator
- Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Control pedal assigned to pedal-wah and ring modulator depth
- Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus
- Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast and Stopped
- Close or Normal microphone placement for 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- User adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Delay Effect - Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet controlConnections:
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - 1/4" (6.35 mm) jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo jack
- 1 Control pedal input - 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS stereo jack
- 1 Sustain pedal input - 1/4" (6.35 mm) jack
- 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input - 1/4" (6.35 mm) jack
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB MIDI
- IEC C14 power connectorDimensions:
1078 mm (42.4"), 121 mm (4.8"), 344 mm (13.5")Weight:
24.25 lbs (11 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 35 lbs