THE 4-Deck Control Surface for TRAKTOR DJ Software!Building on the enormous success of their Traktor software and DJ controllers, Native Instruments introduces the Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII. The next-gen S4 MKII encompasses all of the features that even the most discerning DJ could want: four decks, two high-resolution jog wheels, a high-quality interface, intuitive effects, and a powerful mixer section. In addition, the Traktor Kontrol S4 has the ability to integrate analog turntables, CD players and microphones, along with the loop recorder function which acts as a fifth deck for re-sampling and looping over the main output. Just add your laptop running the included Traktor Pro 2 software, and you'll have a fully professional DJ rig that's ready to shake the club.
What's New? Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII vs. Traktor Kontrol S4This next-generation S4 MKII upgrades the original S4 with a two-tone design and improved fader reliability. You'll see new, heavier aircraft-grade aluminum jog wheels, with a long-wearing silicone braking system to replace the magnetic braking system found in the original S4. The S4 MKII's controls reflect the updates in Traktor software, with four brighter, backlit color-coded buttons, and a Flux mode button for each deck. Plus, the MKII release is compatible with the Traktor DJ iPad/iPhone app. You'll even find that the S4 MKII's rear outputs deliver hotter levels and a wider dynamic range. Basically, Native Instruments has taken an industry-favorite controller, and made it even more "pro" with the MKII release.
Watch Mad Zach and the Traktor S4 and S2 in action:
Intuitive and Powerful Mixer SectionThe Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII features a world-class professional mixer section as its central control hub, boasting four stereo channels each with their own level fader, high-quality 3-band EQ, and sweepable filter controls. The crossfader is one of the most important parts of a quality DJ mixer, and Native Instruments has ensured that only the finest components went into the S4's super-smooth crossfader. The controls of the S4's crossfader are so precise, movement as small as 1/4 the width of a human hair can be detected.
Analog Inputs for Turntables and MoreHave a pair of analog turntables? No need to get rid of them -- the Traktor S4 Kontrol features two analog stereo inputs with both phono and microphone preamps, allowing the connection of turntables, CD players, microphones or any other external audio gear. This means that the Kontrol S4 acts as the control hub to all of your audio resources. The S4 doesn't want to make any of your gear obsolete, it wants to incorporate it into your process, so you -- the music creator -- have the widest palette of sound tools to choose from.
Remix and Rearrange on the FlyWith the powerful loop recorder unit located right in the middle of your center control section, you can record loops in real-time from any channel, including the auxiliary inputs. This allows you to record from a variety of audio inputs, for remixing, rearranging, and revamping on the fly. It's kind of like having a 5th deck of operation -- you can immediately record, layer, and overdub sections of audio on top of one another. Triggering this process is easy as pushing a button -- a conveniently located button in the center of your console.
Seamless Software and Hardware IntegrationThere are plenty of DJ controllers that integrate with Traktor software, but only Native Instruments' DJ controllers are designed by the same team that made Traktor. Tight plug-and-play integration with Traktor is a given with the S4 MKII -- its entire interface is designed to reflect the software. It's also compatible with the Traktor DJ iPad and iPhone app right out of the box. And it's a quick process to change the MIDI function of any button, knob, or slider on the S4, making it easy to customize to suit your needs.
Traktor Pro 2 Software IncludedYour Traktor Kontrol S4 controller comes with NI's professional-grade Traktor PRO 2 DJ software. Grab hold of your S4 controller to load your songs on up to four individual decks. 'TruWave' colored waveforms show you your music, so mixing in a loud environment is easier than ever. With Traktor Pro on your laptop and the TruWave display on your screen, you can differentiate between kicks, hi-hats, and snare hits.
Hands-On Control of Traktor's Remix DecksFeel like mixing things up a bit? Traktor 2 PRO's remix decks allow you to remix and rearrange your tracks with unprecedented power and flexibility. Route audio to the remix decks, load up pre-recorded samples, and create remix sets to save your performances for later use. Tired of your tracks not matching up perfectly? Traktor Pro 2 features its acclaimed sync concept and quantize feature. This ensures that your songs will always be on the same beat, so transitioning and mixing is easier than ever.
Watch out our exclusive overview of the Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 DJ Controller:
Features:- Four stereo decks
- Dual high-resolution, touch sensitive jog wheels
- Loop recorder
- High quality 3-band EQ, filter, and level control per channel
- 96 kHz/24-bit low-latency audio interface with premium Cirrus Logic converters
- Full version of Traktor Pro 2 DJ software
- Two customizable effects sections including over 25 performance effects
- Slim and compact for easy transport and setup
- The ability to connect turntables, CD players, and microphones
Lugging equipment to DJ gigs used to be a daunting task -- two turntables, a mixer, endless crates of records, and a pile of cables were necessary to get the party started. The Traktor Kontrol S4 puts all that in the past. Native Instruments has been researching, developing, and innovating products for DJs for well over a decade -- and the Traktor S4 MKII controller is the result. With this controller and your laptop running Traktor, you've got a pro DJ rig that's ready to rock any gig.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Native Instruments products.
System Requirements WIN/MAC (for use with TRAKTOR LE 2/PRO 2)
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (last Service Pack, 32/64-bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM#(4 GB recommended)
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution, USB 2.0, 1 GB free disc space, high-speed internet required
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS iOS (for use with TRAKTOR DJ)
- iPad version: Requires iOS 6 or higher, iPad 2 or iPad (3rd generation)
- iPhone version: Requires minimum iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S/iPod touch (4th generation)
- TRAKTOR DJ App is required*, 500 MB free storage/disk space on your iOS device is recommended.
- Audio Inputs (A/D):
- Channels: 5
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Bit Resolution: 16, 24-bit
- Converter: Cirrus Logic
- Line Inputs:
- Full Scale Level: +12.4 dBu
- DNR (a-weighted): 98.3 dBu
- THD+N: 0,05 %
- Frequency Response +/-0.5 dB: 20 Hz-40 kHz
- Cross Talk @ 1kHz: -111dB
- Mic Input:
- Full Scale Level @ 1 kHz: -31.3 dBu
- DNR (a-weighted) @ 1 kHz: 85.7 dB
- THD+N @ 1KHz: 0.045 %
- Frequency response +/-1.67 dB: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Phono Inputs:
- Input Impedance: 47 KOhm
- Full Scale Level @ 1 kHz: - 23.5 dBu
- DNR (a-weighted) @ 1 kHz: 90.2 dB
- THD+N @ 1KHz: 0,05 %
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -100 dB
- Audio Outputs (D/A):
- Channels: 4
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Bit Resolution: 16, 24-bit
- Converter: Cirrus Logic
- Line Outputs (1/4" stereo):
- Maximum Output Level: +18 dBu
- DNR (a-weighted): 105 dB
- THD+N: 0,003 %
- Frequency Response +/-0.3 dB: 20 Hz-40 kHz
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: 122 dB
- Line Outputs (RCA):
- Maximum Output Level: +12 dBu - DNR (a-weighted):105 dB
- THD+N: 0,002%
- Frequency Response +/-0.35 dB: 20 Hz-40 kHz
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -111 dB
- Headphone Output:
- Load Impedance: 16 Ohms - 600 Ohms
- Maximum Output Level (32 Ohm load): +2 dBu
- DNR (a-weighted): 99.3 dBu
- THD+N: 0.013 %
- Frequency Response +/-1 dB: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -60 dB
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 866-556-6487
Product DescriptionThe Native Instruments TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2 is the industry-standard 4-deck DJ controller, with flagship TRAKTOR PRO 2 software, a pro-grade soundcard, and full support for TRAKTOR DJ for iPhone and iPad.
Features:- Fully-integrated 4-deck TRAKTOR controller and flagship TRAKTOR PRO 2 software with Remix Decks
- Plug and play -- all you need to start mixing is your computer and MP3s
- Road-ready Mk2 hardware features silicone-damped jog wheels with aircraft-grade aluminum plates
- Adds precision control, cueing, and club-ready output levels to TRAKTOR DJ for iPad and iPhone
- Ergonomic 4-channel mixer with rock-solid faders, and Flux Mode and Loop Recorder controls
- Bright, color-coded RGB buttons trigger cue points, loops, and samples with instant visual feedback
- 2 customizable FX units with over 30 DJ-tested effects, plus one-knob Macro FX
- World-renowned TRAKTOR engine ensures perfect sync and super-tight mixing
- Built-in, high-end 24-bit/48kHz low latency audio interface with Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters and MIDI I/O
- 2 analog inputs with phono and mic preamps for connecting turntables, CD players or external gear
- 1/4" jack mic-in, high-gain 1/4" stereo and headphone outputs and separate booth output
- Includes flagship TRAKTOR PRO 2 software with Remix Decks