Nektar Panorama P6 Keyboard Controller
The Nektar Panorama P6 is an incredible keyboard controller instrument with the most intuitive workflow you have ever seen. Spectacular and deep integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Reason, Main Stage, and Reaper puts the spotlight on performance and creativity. Keyboard and pads are dynamic, sensitive and balanced carefully with a solid feel that allows for complete expression. All this, combined with 93 real-time controls available at any one time, makes Panorama P6 the definitive keyboard controller for Reason, Bitwig Studio, and more.
Keyboard Balanced To Perfection
Panorama P6's keyboard action uses weights to offset the otherwise increasing tension you would experience from the spring. This means the down movement is as clean as possible and not heavy or fatiguing to play. We keep the down weight required within the heavy end of common standards for acoustic pianos. In addition, the dynamic range is much wider than what you experience on most controller keyboards allowing better control of both low and high velocity values. 5 velocity curves gives you choice just in case your playing style requires a different feel. Monophonic aftertouch, pitch bend and modulation wheels, plus foot switch and expression pedal jacks sets you up for performance.
The Display Says It All
A crystal clear 3.5" color TFT display delivers the information you really need, for each mode or menu. Regardless of whether you are operating Reason or programming MIDI assignments in Internal mode, the display provides detailed information that makes your workflow fluent and fast. Panorama takes the hard work out of using a controller and makes operations that seem complicated and non-transparent on other products, straight-forward and simple.
More Controls Than Ever Before
An unrivalled amount of assignable controls makes Panorama the most comprehensive and fully featured MIDI controller keyboard around. 16 encoders, 9 45mm faders, 1 100mm motorized ALPS fader, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons, 12 pads each with strike and pressure component, foot switch jack, expression pedal jack, keyboard after touch, pitch bend and modulation wheels gives you immediate control of up to 93 parameters at any one time. You can store settings in 20 presets with individually save and loadable keyboard, pad and F-keys maps. We could argue that it gives you access to over 1500 assigned controls, but that would be spinning it too far.
Controlling Reason Has Never Felt So Real
For a Reason user, Panorama is a dream come true. The dedicated communication protocol ties Panorama and Reason tightly together so all you have to do is select the mode and menu you want to control. Panorama does the rest. 3 Reason modes allows you one button press to switch between controlling the Mixer, Device (instrument or effects) and Transport, with the 4th mode, Internal, free to control your ReWired DAW.
Watch this demo to see how Panorama integrates with Reason DAW software:
See how Panorama integrates with Bitwig Studio in this video from Nektar:
Transport When You Need It, Function Buttons When You Don't
It's hard to go places without transport so Panorama features an extended 11 button transport bar, positions right where you need it controlling: Return to L, Forward to R, Undo, Click on/off, Record Mode, Cycle on/off, Back, Forward, Stop, Play and Record. Using the shift button, these also double up as 11 function buttons each assignable to MIDI commands or QWERTY macro's.
Shortcut To Software Functions
So QWERTY macro's -- big deal, right? That's right, its a VERY big deal. Your software has a ton of features and functions that can be activated using QWERTY shortcut commands. Assigning a command to a button so you don't have to be near your computer makes life a lot easier. Assigning a string of up to 8 commands takes it to another level. With this powerful feature you could for example enter edit mode, zoom in and select a tool with just one button press. Or create an instrument or effects track and locate a folder containing your presets so you can select them from Panorama, all with one button press.
- Bitwig Studio
- Logic Pro
- Main Stage
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Nektar products.
- 61-note weighted (semi-) velocity-sensitive keyboard w/aftertouch
- 5 velocity curves plus fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- PB1/2 buttons
- 4 keyboard zones programmable with controller filters and program changes
- 5 keyboard maps store all settingsPreset Controls:
- 16 encoders
- 9 45mm faders
- 10 assignable LED buttons
- 11 dedicated transport buttons
- 20 preset locations store all settings including links to keyboard, pad and F-keys maps
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 compatible (Windows XP is not supported at this time).
- Reason 5, 6 and 6.5 supported
- *Two USB ports or external USB power supply required to power entire unit. One USB port powers entire unit with the exception of the motorized fader Pads
- 12 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 7 velocity curves
- Scale mode with 30+ scales and interval setting
- Velocity spread functions spreads the selected pad assignment over all 12 pads, at different velocity levels
- Transpose and Octave shift in both pad-map and scale mode
- Pads freely assignable in Reason mode
- Load or Save to any of 20 pad mapsF-Keys:
- 11 assignable Function Keys (accessible using shift and tranport keys)
- Load or Save to any of 10 F-Keys maps
- F-Keys assignable even in 3 Reason modesWeight & Dimensions:
- Panorama P6
- Dimensions: 39 5/8"(L) x 13"(D) 3 6/8"(H)
- Weight: 17 Lbs Additional:
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
- 6 dedicated assignable navigation buttons
- ASCII/QWERTY macros assignable to buttons and pads
- 3.5" high-resolution TFT display provides incredible navigation and user visibility
- Incredible Reason implementation that lets you use Reason, as if it's hardware
- 4 modes when used with Reason switch between Mixer, Instrument, Transport and Internal
- Presets and setup files for major DAW's and VIs
- Expression pedal 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- MIDI output
- USB port for communication with computer
- USB Micro B connector for extra and external power*
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):