The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol Z2 DJ Mixer adds the power of Traktor to any professional DJ setup. Much more than a software controller, this sturdy, club-ready 2+2-channel mixer supports USB integration with industry-standard Pioneer CDJs and Nexus mixers. Just plug a modern Pioneer CDJ into the Z2 and take control of your laptop's Traktor library right from the CDJ. Waveforms, cue points, and loop points will show on CDJ displays as well. If vinyl is more your style, you'll be pleased to know the Z2 comes with time-coded vinyls for scratch simulation with any turntable. Just connect your turntables and the included Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software will add a vintage touch to your MP3 collection.
Add Traktor to Any DJ Setup
The Z2 mixer and Traktor expand the creative potential of a traditional DJ setup with Traktor's repertoire of DJ tools. Add character to your sets with Traktor's powerful effects library. Native Instruments' Macro FX function stacks multiple effects for unique remixing opportunities. Enter Flux Mode and add a break with loops, scratching, or effects and the track will continue at tempo and automatically resume playback when you're done. Collect samples on-the-fly from connected media and keep the loop going even after the song has ended, right from the Z2.
Ready to Scratch with Vinyl or CD
Bring your MP3 collection to life with scratch simulation on any CDJ or turntable. Just load the included time-coded CDs or vinyls and you can spin any song from your Traktor library with crisp, accurate scratch simulation through the included Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software. Beyond serving to mix tracks, the Z2 adds the full benefit of Traktor's effects and two Remix Decks right on the mixer.
Pioneer and Traktor Integration
The Z2 supports USB play-and-play integration with Pioneer CDJs or other Traktor devices, giving this mixer the versatility of modular setup options. Connect Pioneer CDJs or a Nexus mixer and take control of cue points, samples, loops, and other Traktor settings via the CDJs. Expand your setup by connecting other Native Instruments hardware like an F1 to launch samples or an X1 for in-depth effect and loop control.
- Two-channel mixer plus two Traktor Remix Decks
- Integration with included Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software, Native Instruments' arsenal of DJ hardware, and industry-standard Pioneer CDJs and Nexus mixer
- Scratch simulation of digital music via included time-coded vinyls and CDs
- Trigger Traktor's Flux Mode, effects, samples, or collect loops on-the-fly from the Z2
- Dual stereo line and phono level RCA inputs
- Auxiliary RCA and 1/4 inch mic inputs
- XLR, 1/4 inch, and RCA stereo outputs
- 48 kHz internal sound card
- Cirrus Logic A/D and D/A converters
- Robust aluminum chassis
- Power supply included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Native Instruments products.
- Dimensions: 272mm x 388mm x 109mm (WxLxH)
- Weight: 5.1 kg / 11.2 lbs
- Internal power supply with 3-pin IEC power cable included. 115-230V, 50/60Hz, 0.5 - 0.75A. No additional power supply or battery required.
- Windows 7 (most recent Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (most recent update) or 10.8, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- General: Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution, USB 2.0, 1 GB free disc space, high-speed internet required
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs
The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol Z2 is the world's first 2+2 DJ control mixer. Built tough for pro club use, the Z2 excels both as a state-of-the-art club mixer alongside turntables and CDJs, and as the hub of an advanced setup of Remix Decks and controllers.
The Macro FX and Flux Mode in this version of Traktor software expand your creative arsenal. And the heavy metal, standard installation-height chassis, sturdy RGB control buttons, and Innofaders(TM) assure rock-solid dependability. Whatever your style, however you play, welcome to the future of mixing.
Expanding on Industry Standards
Combining the best of all that's come before it, Traktor Kontrol Z2 takes a powerful two-channel stand-alone mixer, adds an additional two channels for Remix Decks, puts Traktor Scratch PRO 2 in the package and rolls it out in luxurious style.
The ultra-stable, aircraft-grade aluminum chassis provides an intuitive layout instantly familiar to DJs, offering unprecedented sonic control. Throw in an integrated premium audio interface and dedicated Traktor controls for cue points and Remix Decks and your options become infinite. Whatever your style, you've never had control like this before.
Traktor Kontrol Z2 delivers the reliability and pro sound quality essential for the world's biggest stages and hottest clubs.
Pro XLR outputs, a booth output and 24-bit sound quality mean your sets hit with maximum impact. Precision knobs, buttons, multi-colored cue point controls and Innofaders(TM) give you ultra-accurate control of your sets. Whether spinning vinyl, CDJs, playing digital files, or using Traktor Scratch timecode control, switching formats is just a push of a button away - lightning-fast, uninterrupted creative flow. And the heavy metal chassis means your busy schedule won't take its toll on your tool of choice.
Think you know your limits? You're about to erase them.
For the first time, Traktor Kontrol Z2 adds Macro FX to the Traktor software. Build a big drop or destroy your track beyond recognition with fresh effect combos like Wormhole, LaserSlicer and Bass-o-matic - get expressive sound manipulation with intuitive, one-knob action.
Flux Mode tracks the time while you're juggling cue points or looping, and lets you drop back in at exactly the right moment - a powerful weapon for all creative DJs.
Integrate multiple Traktor Kontrol F1 and X1 controllers with plug-and-play simplicity thanks to the Z2's USB hub, freeing up additional ports on your laptop.
Start using the included flagship Traktor Scratch PRO 2 with Remix Deck(TM) technology and TRAKTOR SCRATCH timecode vinyl in record time* - simply connect the Z2 to your computer with a single USB cable.
Connect your turntables or CD decks with the inputs on the mixer and start using timecode control via vinyl or CDs. And thanks to Traktor's advanced HID integration, the Z2 integrates effortlessly with the latest Pioneer CDJ generation and mixers.
The Perfect Traktor Setup
Traktor Kontrol Z2 is the ultimate Traktor controller - built like a tank for rock-solid performance. Personalize your experience no matter your style or preferred workflow with these add-on controllers:
- Traktor Kontrol F1 - Control of an entire Remix Deck with up to 64 samples and loops - in color!
- Traktor Kontrol X1 - Transport control, plus in-depth control of classic Traktor effects and more
- Traktor Kontrol Bag - Elevate your controllers to Z2 and standard turntable height and get protection against dust and knocks
* You will receive a download link for the Traktor Scratch PRO 2 software instantly after registering your hardware unit with Native Instruments. Remix Deck content is available as a separate free download. The software requires activation after installation. Please note that Traktor Scratch products are not available in the Netherlands.
Note: Includes time coded vinyl.