Tactile Workflow + Killer Sample Library = One Beat-Building Beast
The second-generation Native Instruments Maschine Groove Production Studio offers dramatic improvements over its predecessor, giving experienced and novice users alike a colorful, revamped set of tactile controls -- along with loads of included samples, FX, and a full version of NI's Massive synth -- that will take live performances to the next level.
Get a quick overview of the Maschine from Native Instruments:
Upgraded to speed up and improve your workflow, the Maschine is a hardware/software beast of an instrument that covers all the bases for computer-based music production. It's essentially a professional sampler, a pattern-based sequencer, a multi-effects unit, and a VST/AU plug-in host all in one sleek box, with streamlined buttons and knobs for composing, performing, sampling, slicing, and tweaking effects on the fly. Since you can use it to control your DAW as well as all your hardware sound modules and sequencers, the Native Instruments Maschine will quickly become the center of your rig.
Hear Maschine 2.2's drum synths in this video:
The Maschine's multicolored illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch help you organize your groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes according to color, so that during live sets, you have an easy way to remember which button is assigned to what. The pads and group buttons light up in your choice of up to 16 vivid colors, so you can find your sounds fast. In addition to being visually pleasing, the improved pads are also more sensitive than the original Maschine's, giving you a more precise way to play.
If you want yet another way to express yourself through color, you can use Maschine Custom Kits to customize Maschine hardware in five coordinated color schemes. Go beyond the safety of black hardware and let your Maschine stand out with an aluminum, magnetic faceplate with a set of matching, ergonomically-designed colored knobs.
Revised Master Section
In the Maschine's Master section, a multifunction master push encoder and toggle buttons replace the original Maschine's set of three knobs. With the toggle buttons, you select the mode you want, and then with the master encoder, you can control volume, tempo, and swing. All in all, the revised master encoder gives you an quick, simple way to go through values without having to look at the screen or display.
Like the pads, the master encoder is supremely sensitive for precise navigation and detailed tweaking. Stepped action lets you count your adjustments as clicks.
Built-In Sounds Let You Plug and Play
So you can play right out of the box, the Maschine comes with over 6 GB of sounds and patterns for creating killer rhythms and melodies -- drum kits, one-shot samples, basses, synths, and acoustic instruments are at your fingertips. NI's Komplete Elements collection of over 1,000 sounds from Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 Ultimate is included as well.
Get Massively Busy with Your Beats
If that's not enough for you, the Maschine 2.2 software update provides Native Instruments' renowned Massive software synth, which features its own set of 1,300 sounds for making basses and leads. Instantly browse all those sounds on Maschine MKII hardware, and use the unit's eight control knobs to directly access Massive's eight Macro controls.
Time Stretch, Pitch Shift, FX, and More
The included software also provides time stretch and pitch shift capability. With the help of automatic BPM detection, you can stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, as well as stretch your audio to a specific length. The handy pitch shift function allows you to tune your samples and make your beats match harmonically.
Moreover, the Maschine 2.2 software offers creative effects tailored toward beat production. As a plus, NI's Transient Master dynamics and mixing effect is fully integrated in Maschine 2.2 software. Great for positioning drums and percussion, Transient Master allows you to mix from front to back, giving each sample the right amount of space. The other included effects -- Tube, Tape Saturator, and Tube Saturator -- imbue the Maschine with a sense of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression.
A long list of workflow improvements, with everything from host transport control to a new Panic button, is provided by the latest version of the software. The Maschine ships with version 2.2 software.
An Update That's Both Cosmetic and Practical
In updating the Maschine, Native Instruments paid careful attention to all those little things that make an already good product even better, like click buttons that make a pronounced snap when pushed, responsive pads with sensitivity that you can control, high-contrast displays in a better color scheme that's easier to view in any kind of lighting, and so forth.
In addition, the layout of the controller's USB-connector and MIDI I/O is different than the original's, for lower risk of accidental unplugging. You won't have to worry about unintentionally pulling out those cables, because they're sure to stay put.
Watch out our exclusive overview of the Native Instruments Maschine MK2 :
Includes License for Komplete 11 Select
Native Instruments Maschine and Komplete Kontrol S Series products now come with a Komplete 11 Select license. Purchase a new Maschine or Komplete Kontrol S, and you'll be eligible for an upgrade from Select to Komplete 11 or Komplete 11 Ultimate. Current customers who own a Komplete Kontrol S Series or Maschine will also be updated to Komplete 11 Select for free, via download.
- Groove production/performance controller with built-in sounds, Massive software synth, effects, and more
- Hands-on controls let you easily browse, load, tweak, play, arrange, and automate all sampler, plug-in and effect parameters
- Control and sequence all of your external hardware instruments, or switch to MIDI mode to control other software
- Multicolored pads allow you to assign colors to the groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes, and see the pads and group buttons light up in the same colors
- Pads are more sensitive than ever, for much more precision
- Redesigned Master section lets you select modes with the toggle buttons and click through values without the need to look at the screen
- Maschine 2.2 software includes time stretch and pitch shift capability
- Includes beat-making effects such as Transient Master, Tube, Tape Saturator, and Tube Saturator
- Over 6 GB of ready-to-use sounds are built in
- Includes Massive synthesizer with over 1,300 bass and lead sounds
- Re-worked layout of the controller's USB-connector and MIDI I/O for lower risk of accidental unplugging
- Rubber feet for increased desktop grip
- Controls: 2 high-contrast displays, 16 multi-color pads, 8 endless rotary potentiometers, 1 master encoder, 47 backlit buttons, MIDI I/O, USB 2.2, and Kensington Lock
- Supported Interfaces: standalone, VST, Audio Units, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, and WASAPI
The Maschine is a creative production tool meant to streamline your setup and help you make music fast, both live and in the studio. A versatile machine, the Native Instruments Maschine can be used as a performance instrument and as a MIDI controller for performing your own tracks.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Native Instruments products.
Width: 320 mm / 12.6"
Length: 295 mm / 11.6"
Height: 65 mm / 2.6"
Weight: 2.1 kg / 4.6 lbs
- 2 inverted monochromatic displays with (64x256 pixels)
- 16 multi-color, high-quality, illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch
- 8 multi-color group buttons
- 8 endless rotary encoders
- 1 endless push encoder (30 steps)
- 47 backlit buttons
- 1x MIDI in, 1 x MIDI out
- USB 2.0, 3.0
- Kensington lock
Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11.1 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, AAX 32 and AAX 64, ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI
Please note: Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions. This product runs in demo mode after installation and must be activated before full functionality is available.
USB 2.0 Port, 13 GB free disk space for complete installation
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, Black
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):