The Martin SS-D35-13 acoustic guitar is a truly stunning instrument with remarkable Martin craftsmanship and tonewoods that absolutely sing. A Madagascar rosewood sides and 3-piece back of solid Madagascar rosewood and a cocobolo center wedge with a gorgeous waved edge combine with a solid Engelmann Spruce top for piano-like lows with smooth and clear highs, not to mention the gorgeous look. 42-style appointments complete this stunning instrument. Limited to a run of 30.
This D-35 has been designed featuring an Engelmann spruce top, Sitka spruce 1/4-inch bracing assembled with traditional hide glue, a solid Madagascar rosewood body with a wavy Cocobolo wedge for the center panel of the 3-piece back. The headplate is also inlaid with a small Cocobolo "wavy" wedge as well as an abalone pearl C. F. Martin script logo.
- Grained ivoroid bindings with Style 42 top inlay of green abalone
- Style 45 rosette inlaid with green abalone
- Waverly open-geared gold "butterbean" tuners
- genuine bone saddle, nut and bridge pins
- Only thirty D-35 Show Special guitars will be crafted, each numbered in sequence and signed by C. F. Martin IV
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Model: SS-D35-13
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Rosette Style: 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard X
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4 in.
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood -3pc w/Cocobolo Wavey Wedge
- Back Purfling: Style 35
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42
- Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Mod Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood w/Cocobolo Wavey Wedge CF Martin Script - Mother of Pearl
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid with Multiple B/W Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Golden Era Style 42 - Snowflakes
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930 Style Belly w/Drop In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
- Saddle 16": Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Gold 4060 w/Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone w/Select Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: 545E Slate Gray
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV - Numbered in Sequence with Total (30)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 24 lbs