With the D12X1AE, Martin has created a 12-string guitar as part of the popular X series. An affordable option in a quality 12-string, the D12X1AE uses all the best in Martin craftsmanship to deliver the 12-string experience on a Martin dreadnought. The use of solid sitka spruce for the top gives a nice snap to compliment the large ringing 12-string sound, and the included Fishman Sonitone electronic system does a great job capturing the tone. Martin quality at an affordable price-point, the D12X1AE is a great choice for any player looking to experience everything a 12-string has to offer.
Martin X Series
Martin has always made prudent use of natural resources, especially rare or endangered tonewoods. At the same time, they're committed to building guitars of superior tone and playability that are affordable to every guitarist. The X series more than meets both of these criteria. Backs and sides are constructed of patented high-pressure laminate (HPL) and then joined to a solid Sitka spruce or HPL top. The result: great sounding and playing guitars, environmentally friendly, and one of their best values ever.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: A-Frame "X"
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side Material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck Material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/12 String Taper
- Headplate: Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Frets Clear: 14
- Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-7/8"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-5/16"
- Finish Top: Hand Rubbed Finish
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Belly - 12 String
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Extra Light Gauge (MSP7600)
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Interior Label: Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs