This newest addition to Martin's acclaimed Performing Artist "PA" Series - a big 14-fret Jumbo acoustic bass -- delivers it all. The Martin BCPA4 Performing Artist Acoustic-Electric Bass has a deep and powerful voice, versatility (play it acoustically or plugged in), a fast, comfortable PA neck and cutaway body for accessibility anywhere up and down the fingerboard, and all at a very affordable price.
Everything about this acoustic bass says quality: solid sapele back and sides, solid Sitka spruce top with Martin's efficient A-frame bracing, an East Indian rosewood belly bridge, a solid lightweight Spanish cedar neck with a bi-directional adjustable truss rod, Gotoh black bass tuners, and state-of the- art Fishman F1 Analog onboard electronics. A perfect marriage of upright and electric tone.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Model: BCPA4
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: J-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Bass A-Frame
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid Sapele
- Side Material: Solid Sapele
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Special Bass
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Bass Profile
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 34"
- # Of Frets Clear: 17
- # Of Frets Total: 23
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1.58"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2.18"
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly - Bass
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Bass - Black
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge Bass (MSP 4800)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 360 Hardshell
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Analog
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 24 lbs