MOTU's award-winning Digital Performer 8 lets you record, edit, arrange, mix, process and master MIDI and audio tracks simultaneously to produce musical recordings, sound tracks for film and television, and other audio production tasks.
Now for both Mac and Windows, Version 8 delivers 64-bit operation, VST plug-in support, a video engine, PunchGuard confidence recording, 15 UI themes, comprehensive plug-in management, another batch of stunningly accurate classic guitar pedal emulations, superb physical modeling guitar and bass speaker cabinet emulations with mixable mic positions (close, near and far), modeled analog delay, a multi-band dynamic equalizer, a de-esser, the Subkick kick drum enhancer, Springamabob modeled spring reverb processor, Spatial Maximizer (a mid-side mastering plug-in), and many other productivity enhancements.
Get started quickly with included virtual instrument plug-ins such as the analog-style BassLine bass synth, classic retro PolySynth, highly programmable two-oscillator Modulo, super easy Nanosampler sample player, Model 12 twelve-part drum module and imaginative Proton FM synth.
Shape, sculpt, twist, mangle and otherwise process your tracks with over 84 included real-time audio and MIDI effect plug-ins. You get 32-bit processing and 64-bit mastering. Highlights include the efficient ProVerb convolution reverb, MasterWorks EQ modeled after British console EQs, MasterWorks Leveler modeled after the legendary LA-2A optical leveling amplifier, MultiMode Filter, Pattern Gate and many more.
Use DP's unique track-based pitch automation, from simple pitch correction using the pencil tool, to individual note transposition, to wholesale transposing of an entire audio track, for unprecedented control over audio pitch, non-destructively in real time.
DP's amazing Beat Detection Engine technology gives you complete control over the rhythm, tempo and groove of your audio. Align any audio to the tempo of your project. Quantize beats within audio. Extract and apply grooves from/to any audio or MIDI. Edit beats with hands-on precision.
For studio production, song writing, film scoring, live performance, remixing, post production and surround mixing, Digital Performer delivers advanced features in an intuitive, streamlined design. Whether you're completing a surround sound DVD, or you just want to write a song and burn a CD or MP3 file, Digital Performer gets you there quickly with elegance and ease.
New Features for Version 8:
- Cross platform: Now runs on Windows 7 and Mac OS X.
- Native 64-bit operation on both Windows 7 and Mac OS X.
- VST / Rewire support on both platforms for easy project exchange.
- New video engine supports full-screen video, 720/1080 HD, and MOTU video hardware monitoring.
- Punch Guard confidence recording: Capture extra time before and after punch points.
- 17 plug-ins, from meticulously modeled guitar tones to world-class mastering plug-ins.
- 14 themes: Artistically crafted UI designs including Hi-Fi, Arctic, and None More Black.
- In-line control panel conserves precious screen real estate.
- Multi-format plug-in management: Organize, manage, and quickly search for plug-ins in multiple formats.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Mark of the Unicorn (MOTU) products.