What happens when you take an original Moog Voyager and add to it a front-panel analog patchbay, a ribbon controller, and another octave? You get the totally awesome Moog Music Minimoog Voyager XL analog synthesizer keyboard, a 61-key monosynth oozing with analog goodness. Released in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Minimoog, the Minimoog Voyager XL pays homage to Bob Moog's legacy in more ways than one -- offering all the hands-on patching, CV ins and outs, and expressive controls you could want for the stage or studio.
Pure Analog, Pure Moog
At its core, the Minimoog Voyager XL features a 100 percent analog signal path with stable oscillators, patch storage, a touch pad, pot mapping, extensive MIDI control functionality, 61 velocity-sensitive keys, and a handy ribbon controller. Rugged construction makes it durable enough to tour with, while its intuitive, easy to understand user interface makes it fun to play. You can think of this model as the perfect combination of the Minimoog Model D and Voyager.
The Right Touch: Expanded Keyboard Plus Ribbon Controller and Touch Pad
Sporting a 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard with after-pressure, the monophonic synth is ready to plug and play. Directly above the keyboard, on the middle wooden rail of the synth, is an assignable 500 mm ribbon controller with pitch and gate Control Voltage (CV) outputs. The ribbon controller's center point is lined up with the Middle-C of the keyboard. Like the original Voyager, the Minimoog Voyager XL has a touch pad.
Follow That Signal Path
On the synth you will find 20 CV outputs and 4 CV inputs for routing Control Voltages between the unit's own modulation sources and destinations, or to and from external synthesizers; pitch and mod wheel for expressive playing; 2 active attenuators and 3 four-way mults for routing single CV sources to multiple destinations; and a 4-input CV mixer for combining modulation signals. All knobs are MIDI controllable and capable of outputting MIDI, and the LFO can be MIDI synced.
Like its predecessors, the Minimoog Voyager XL will only get better with age.
- Monophonic analog synthesizer
- 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard with aftertouch
- 100% Analog signal path
- Ribbon controller with Pitch and Gate CV outputs
- Touch surface (pad) controller with X, Y, A and Gate outputs
- Additional LFO source with multiple MIDI-syncable waveforms
- 2 Active attenuators and 3 four-way mults for routing single CV sources to multiple destinations
- 4-Input CV mixer for combining modulation signals
- External audio input
- Effects loop insert
- Lag processor
- 20 Control Voltage outputs, 10 Control Voltage inputs
- 3 Gate outputs, 4 Gate inputs
- 2 Modulation busses
- Solid maple cabinet with tilting control panel for easy viewing
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Moog Music products.
Control Voltage output:
- Keyboard Pitch (with internal trim to calibrate to 1 V/Octave)
- Keyboard Velocity
- Keyboard Afterpressure
- Touch Surface X
- Touch Surface Y
- Touch Surface A (area)
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Mod Wheel
- MOD 1 signal (signal at MOD 1 input)
- MOD 2 signal (signal at MOD 2 input)
- LFO triangle wave
- LFO square wave
- Mod Wheel Mod Buss output
- Pedal/On Mod Buss output
- Filter Envelope
- Volume envelope
- Sample and Hold Step
- Sample and Hold Smooth
- Ribbon Controller CV Output (-5V to +5V)Gate outputs:
- Keyboard Gate
- Touch Surface Gate
- Ribbon Controller Gate Output
- Three 4-way Mults (top jack is ring-powered)Control Voltage Inputs:
- Envelope Rate CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- OSC Pitch CV (adj. to 1V/Octave) (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- OSC Wave CV (all three osc. affected) ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- FILTER Cutoff CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- VCA Volume CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- VCA Pan CV (-2.5V to +2.5V) Ring-Powered
- LFO Rate CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- MOD Mod1 CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- MOD Mod2 CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- S&H CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-PoweredGate Inputs:
- ENV Release ON/OFF (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- ENV Gate Input (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- LFO Sync ON/OFF (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- S&H Gate Input (0V OFF, +5V ON) No footswitch input2 Active Attenuators:
Active Attenuators are identical to the VX-352 attenuators with the following difference:
- CHANNEL 1 is normalled to LFO 2 output. So, if nothing is connected to the Channel 1 input jack, the output of Channel 1 will be the attenuated version of the LFO 2 output.
- CHANNEL 2 is normalled to RIBBON output. So, if nothing is connected to the Channel 2 input jack, the output of Channel 2 will be the attenuated version of the RIBBON controller.
- EXPRESSION PEDALS can be connected to the Attenuator inputs (i.e. they are ring-powered inputs).
- AMOUNT controls gain of -1 (CCW) to 1 (CW). Thus, the attenuators can create an inverted version of the waveform.
- OFFSET control allows you to add a DC voltage of -5V to +5V to the input signal. The Attenuator output will be clipped to approximately +/-10V.Four-Input Mixer:
- Inputs 1 and 2 can be attenuated via front-panel knobs
- Inputs 1 and 3 can be controlled by Expression Pedals (i.e. ring-powered)
- Two output CV's (+) and (-)
- DC offset can be added to signal via OFFSET knob
- Overall output of MIXER can be adjusted via the MASTER knob
- Lag Processor: RISE and FALL time constants are adjustable from 1 millisecond to 1 second (middle is 100 millisecond).LFO 2:
A MIDI-syncable second LFO source has been added to the Moog Minimoog Voyager XL synth. The default frequency range is 0.02Hz (50 seconds) to 20Hz (0.05 seconds). This range was made to augment the current Voyager LFO which does not go slow-enough for some very slow modulations.
- Inputs: LFO 2 can be
- Free-running (adjusted by the RATE knob on the front panel)
- MIDI SYNC from external MIDI clock
- Directly CLOCKED from a GATE CV via the front panel CLOCK jack
- Controlled via external CV or Expression Pedal via the front panel RATE CV jack
- Outputs: LFO 2 has two complementary LFO outputs labeled (+) and (-). In default mode, these are the same waveform 180 degrees out of phase.
- Waveforms Available front-panel waveforms:
- S&H SMOOTHPower:
- Power input accepts a standard power cable. The Minimoog Voyager XL works from 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 60 lbs
Designed in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Minimoog, the Moog Minimoog Voyager XL Analog Synthesizer Keyboard is a sonic powerhouse that pays homage to important milestones in the Moog synthesizer legacy. The Minimoog Voyager XL starts with the heart of a Minimoog Model D. Fat oscillators and warm Moog filters give it that unmistakable Moog sound and the rugged construction and intuitive user interface design immediately tells you that you're playing a high-quality musical instrument.
From the current Voyager lineage, the Minimoog Voyager XL synth inherits a 100 percent analog signal path with stable oscillators, patch storage, touch surface, pot mapping and extensive MIDI control functionality. To all this, add a ribbon controller and 61 note keyboard and you have a monster analog monosynth built on a 40 year Moog legacy of sonic exploration.
Incorporating virtually all of the sound resources and functions of the original Minimoog Model D and Voyager, The Minimoog Voyager XL synthesizer features extensive front-panel patchability that harkens back to the original ground-breaking Moog modular synthesizers. A host of features previously found only on massive modular synthesizers combined with state-of-the-art analog technology make it a sound design and control dream machine.
61-Note Velocity Sensitive Keyboard with after-pressure. Identical to the Voyager 44-note keyboard.
A 500mm Ribbon Controller is located on the middle wooden rail of the Minimoog Voyager XL. It's center-point is lined up with 'middle-C' of the 61-note Keyboard. Outputs are sampled and available as CV-OUT (-5V to +5V) and GATE-OUT (0V to +5V).
- 61-Note Velocity Sensitive Keyboard with After-Pressure
- 100 percent analog signal path
- Ribbon Controller with Pitch and Gate CV Outputs
- Touch Surface Controller with X, Y, A and Gate Outputs
- External Audio Input
- Effects Loop Insert
- 2 Active Attenuators
- 4-Input CV Mixer
- Lag Processor
- Additional LFO Source with Multiple MIDI-Syncable Waveforms
- 3 Four-Way Mults
- 20 Control Voltage Outputs
- 3 Gate Outputs
- 10 Control Voltage Inputs
- 4 Gate Inputs
- 2 Modulation Busses
- Solid Maple Cabinet
- Tilting Control Panel