Moog's Battery-Powered Analog Ring Modulator
For guitarists looking to add some serious modulation to their effects rig, Moog offers the Minifooger MF Ring effect pedal. The MF Ring is a genuine analog ring modulator based on the classic Moog Moogerfooger MF-102. You can control the mix from pure input signal to pure processed signal, and anywhere between. Also, a tone knob is provided which only applies to the processed signal, allowing you to selectively filter which frequencies you'd like to produce. A frequency knob allows you to adjust the frequency with which your incoming signal is modulated, ranging from 90 Hz all the way up to 12 kHz (accessible via an external expression pedal).
Hear the MF Ring in action with this video from zZounds:
Analog Insides for Real Ring-Mod Tone
The strength of all Minifooger pedals -- MF Ring included -- is that the insides are completely analog. Composed of dozens of components, each 100% analog, the MF Ring sounds like a ring modulator should -- with a warm billowing low end and crisp harmonies in the high end -- unlike digital ring mod emulators, which suffer from digital artifacts and other unwanted background noise.
Add an External Expression Pedal for Drastic Frequency Sweeps
Connect an external expression pedal to the MF Ring and you can control the modulation frequency in real time. This allows you to trigger outlandish sci-fi-inspired frequency sweeps or bit-reduction effects. Because the output effect varies drastically depending on the selected frequency and which key you are playing in, expression pedal control also allows you to switch between keys on-the-fly. What's more, the expression pedal position is additive to the knob setting (as opposed to simply replacing it), allowing an extended frequency range for the modulation signal of up to 12 kHz (compared to 1.5 kHz when using just the control knob).
- Ring modulation footpedal with pure analog circuitry
- Design based on the Moog Moogfooger MF-102 ring modulator
- Control knobs for Freq, Tone, and Mix
- Freq adjusts the frequency with which the incoming signal is modulated
- Tone applies only to the modulated signal, allowing you to selectively highlight output frequencies -- used to select the key of choice
- Frequency range is 90 Hz to 1.5 kHz (up to 12 kHz with external expression pedal, sold separately)
- Mix between all or no effect
- Expression pedal port lets you control frequency and is additive to the knob setting, allowing the expression pedal to achieve modulation rates unreachable to the Freq knob alone
- True analog bypass
- Designed to work with guitars and basses
- 1/4-inch input and output
- 1/4-inch port for expression pedal (sold separately)
- Powered via 9V battery or with optional 9V power adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Moog Music products.