Moog Pays Tribute to Rock and Roll's RootsThe classic overdrive/distortion pedal has been reinvented in the Moog Minifooger MF Drive effect pedal. The MF Drive offers all the controls you need to hone in on exactly the tone you're looking for -- whether it's just a hint of natural, warm overdrive, or a screaming tube amp. And with pure analog insides and an aluminum exterior, MF Drive sounds as good as any classic stompbox and has the durability to withstand a life on the road.
Hear the MF Drive in this video demo from zZounds:
True Analog Components for True Analog ToneThe rich tones MF Drive produces are all thanks to its pure analog innards. It's constructed from dozens of components, each 100% analog, so you'll hear pure analog tone that's warm and crisp like a classic rock song -- without the noise you often get from pedals which mimic analog circuits with cheaper digital components. Built around the Moog Ladder Filter, this pedal delivers its own unique tone.
Expression Pedal Input for Volume Swells or Wah-Like EffectsConnect your favorite external expression pedal and you'll be able to manipulate the MF Drive's filter cutoff in real time in a manner reminiscent of a dirty wah-wah pedal.
Change Your VoicingAs if variable filter cutoff wasn't enough tunability, the MF Drive also offers a separate tone knob which serves as a low-pass, mid-scoop, and high-pass filter. Combined with the filter cutoff (and expression pedal), the tone knobs grants you some outlandish sonic sculpting possibilities. What's more, there's even a Peak switch to boost frequencies near the edge of the filter cutoff -- used to simulate screaming tube amp drive -- as well as a Drive switch -- for those times when you need to "turn it up to eleven."
Features:- Drive footpedal with pure analog circuitry delivers the sound of an overdriven tube amp, minus the noise
- Simulate warm natural overdrive, fuzz, and everything in between
- Includes filter controls with genuine Moog Ladder Filter
- Boutique FET amplifiers, designed to sound and feel like real tube amplifiers
- Control knobs for Gain, Output, Tone, and Filter
- Finger switches for Drive and Peak
- Independent Gain and Output controls give you the versatility to dial in the exact level of distortion and responsiveness you're looking for, whatever volume you may be playing at
- Independent Tone and Filter controls provide dynamic control of which frequencies are accentuated or muted
- Drive switch dB boost allows for two distinct volume levels +6.8 to 4 8dB and 16 to 57 dB -- so you can switch output levels to match the size of your venue
- Peak switch enables a 15 dB boost at the filter cutoff, enabling selective boost of higher frequencies
- Expression pedal port lets you control filter cutoff, allowing the MF Drive to function much like a wah pedal
- True analog bypass
- Designed to work with guitars and basses
- 1/4-inch input and output
- 1/4-inch port for expression pedal (sold separately)
- Powered via 9V battery or with optional 9V power adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Moog Music products.
- SIGNAL PATH: 100% Analog
- BYPASS TYPE: True bypass
- POWER: +9VDC
- WEIGHT: 18oz (0.5kg)
- ENCLOSURE: Cast aluminum
- DIMENSIONS: (D x W x H) 5.75 x 3.25 x 2.25" (14.4 x 8.3 x 5.8cm)
- DRIVE SWITCH: Down+6.8dB to +48dB gain /Up +16dB to +57dB gain
- PEAK: +15dB resonance peak at the filter cutoff frequency
- TONE CONTROL: (Min): Lowpass -6dB at ~ 1KHz, (Center): -6dB Scoop at 800Hz, (Max): Highpass -6dB at ~ 1KHz (-18dB shelf)
- EXPRESSION: Controls Filter (Max Input level +5VDC)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: >1 MegaOhm
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <500 OhmCURRENT:10mA
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 828-251-0090
Product DescriptionThe Moog Minifooger MF Drive is a unique, filter-based overdrive pedal that employs a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and classic OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to input gain and picking dynamics. The bi-polar tone control and sweep-able filter work with input gain to offer each player completely customizable sounds from creamy British overdrive to cranked American tube amplifier and even fuzz. When the filter Peak switch is engaged and an expression pedal is connected, the harmonic content is shifted to the filter's cutoff position adding tonal and dirty wah performance possibilities not found elsewhere.
GainSets the input level sent through the OTA before passing through the 4-pole Moog Ladder filter. At lower settings, the MF Drive is cleaner with a smooth breakup. As Gain increases, OTA and filter distortion increase causing the MF Drive to become more aggressive and reactive to picking dynamics.
DriveIn the down position the Gain knob range is from +6.8dB to +48dB. In the up position the gain range is from +16dB to +57dB. This allows for extended control over gain-staging the input of the MF Drive.
FilterInteracts heavily with the Tone knob and filter Peak switch. With Peak off, the filter can be used to reduce top end and add heft to an amplifier. With Peak engaged, the filter can be used to add low, mid, or high frequency boost to your instrument. The MF-Drive by nature has a large bottom end, so this position is extremely useful for dialing in a more focused guitar tone.
PeakWhen engaged, Peak creates a +15dB boost at the Filter cutoff. It is extremely useful for accentuating mid-range or high frequencies. When paired with an expression pedal, Peak unlocks a whole range of performance sounds.
ToneA variable Lowpass/Mid-Scoop/Highpass voicing section sent through a boutique FET for color. At minimum, the sound is dark and full. Approaching the Mid position the sound varies from a slightly scooped American tube amp to a more British, mid-forward tone. At maximum position, the sound is present and articulate with a smooth, rolled-off low-end.
OutputThe output level of the MF-DRIVE is extremely hot to offer a wide range of tones from clean to dirty. With proper gain-staging, the MF Drive can also be used as a boost or wah pedal.
Expression Pedal InputThis input is assigned to Filter cutoff. Use it for massive swells or engage filter Peak to create a tunable dirty wah. This setting sounds amazing on bass guitar.
Features:- True Bypass
- Designed to sound and feel like a cranked tube amplifier without the noise
- Extremely reactive to input volume and picking dynamics.
- American and British amplifier versatility that when pushed approaches Fuzz
- Works great as a dirty boost for high gain amplifiers
- Expression pedal control of the filter creates a tunable, dirty wah
- Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration