The Moog Little Phatty Stage II proves that the digital revolution hasn't made a dent in the reputation of the world's most celebrated analog synth maker. This powerful monophonic warhorse combines a 100% analog signal path with up-to-date MIDI over USB, Clock Sync, and a sweet arpeggiator. With Moog Music's Little Phatty Stage II, you'll send sweet, soaring leads above the digital din with a powerful and punchy voice that won't be easily missed.
Your Moog Little Phatty comes with two of the most stable VCOs (voltage-controlled oscillators) ever manufactured, eliminating the pitch and tone drift common on the vintage boards that you may have gathering dust in the studio. In turn, the Voltage Controlled Filter turns your waveforms into full-bodied sounds. In no time, you'll be dialing up sweet singing leads, crunchy bass pads, and anything else your fingers can dream up.
Each VCO comes with an octave setting (16', 8', 4', 2') and can output triangle, saw, square, or skinny pulse waves. The Glide Rate is fully adjustable, and VCO 1 can be synced to VCO 2. A single VCF tailors the combined output from the two VCOs. After that, the Envelope Generator stage crafts the shape of your sound with a standard ADSR bank. Modulation controls the LFO rate and Amount. After you set these parameters, get your volume level where you want it and your unique sound is ready to fly!
The genius of Moog's Little Phatty Stage II lies in its careful combination of technologies old and new. The MIDI over USB port allows you to hook up with another keyboard for external control, or to connect with a computer so your DAW or sequencer software can control the Little Phatty in real time. But no matter what you're running into the Little Phatty, you'll be sending out a totally analog signal to your amp or speakers. Pure analog sound with no signal loss to varying sample rates? An astounding idea!
Everything You Need to Deliver a Powerful Sound
On the right of your front panel you'll find the Output section. Here you've got a Master Volume control, an Output On/Off switch, a Headphone Volume control, and a headphone output with a 1/4" balanced TRS jack. The Little Phatty Stage II has everything you need, nothing you don't.
Back to Analog
All you hear about is digital technology these days. But don't be fooled: analog technology has never stopped getting better. In fact, the components that go into the Moog Little Phatty II analog synths are better now than when Bob Moog was releasing his most celebrated synth designs in the '60s and '70s. So if you want to put your hands on some real knobs, turn real honest-to-gosh electricity into sound, and look downright cool while doing it -- you're going to want one of these in your keyboard arsenal immediately.
- 37-note feather-light keyboard
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Mod Wheel
- Glide On/Off
- Octave Down
- Octave Up
- MIDI over USB
- MIDI Clock Sync
- Tap Tempo
- Two ultra-stable analog VCOs
- VCO 1 Octave setting (16', 8', 4', 2')
- VCO 1 Wave setting (triangle, saw, square, and skinny pulse)
- VCO 1 Glide Rate
- VCO 1 has Sync to VCO 2
- VCO 2 Frequency setting
- VCO 2 Octave setting (16', 8', 4', 2')
- VCO 2 Wave setting (triangle, saw, square, and skinny pulse)-- Osc. 2 Level
- Fine Tune knob on both VCOs
- Master Cutoff
- Master Resonance
- Master Kb. Control Amount
- Master Filter Env. Amount
- Envelope Generator section with 2 x ADSR EGRs for Filter and VCA modulation
- Modulation section with LFO Rate, Mod Source (LFO triangle, LFO square, LFO sawtooth, LFO ramp, Filt. EGR or Sample and Hold, and Osc. 2 or Noise), Mod Amount, and Mod Destination
- Power supply included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Moog Music products.
-- MIDI over USB
-- MIDI Clock Sync
-- Tap Tempo
-- Black finish
-- Cutting edge sound bankSynth Engine:
- Sound Sources are two ultra-stable analog VCOs. Parameters for the VCOs are:
-- Osc. 1 Octave: 16', 8', 4', 2'
-- Osc. 1 Wave: Continuously variable from triangle through saw and square to skinny pulse.
-- Osc. 1 Level
-- Glide Rate
-- Osc. 1 to 2 Sync On/Off
-- Osc. 2 Frequency
-- Osc. 2 Octave: 16', 8', 4', 2'
-- Osc. 2 Wave: Continuously variable from triangle through saw and square to skinny pulse.
-- Osc. 2 Level
-- Fine Tune (for both Oscillators, located at the bottom left of the panel)Sound Modifiers include a single VCLPF: 24 dB /Oct Moog Ladder filter, with filter Overload control and a single Output VCA. Filter parameters are:
- Kb. Control Amount (how much the Key CV modulates the Filter)
- Filter Env. Amount (how much +/- the filter envelope modulates the filter)
- An Envelope Generator section provides two ADSR EGRs: one to modulate the Filter (Filter EGR) and one to modulate the VCA (Volume EGR). For each EGR, the parameters are:
- ReleaseThe Modulation section contains a 4-waveform LFO, and a 1x2 Mod Buss with 8 possible mod sources and 4 possible destinations. Its parameters are:
- LFO Rate
- Mod Source: (LFO triangle, LFO square, LFO sawtooth, LFO ramp, Filt. EGR or Sample and Hold, and Osc. 2 or Noise)
- Mod Amount (the amount of modulation w/ the mod wheel all the way forward)
- Mod Destination (Pitch, Osc. 2, Filter, Wave)The User Interface (UI) section is described in the UI spec, below the LCD and UI controls are the following:
- Performance controls:
- 37-note keyboard
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Mod Wheel
- Glide On/Off
- Octave Down
- Octave Up
To the right of the front panel is the Output section. There is a Master Volume control, an Output On/Off switch, a Headphone Volume control, and a headphone output jack (1/4" TRS)
- The side of the instrument houses the I/O of the instrument.
- Power In (100-250VAC, 50-60 Hz)
- Power On/Off
- Audio Out
- Ext. Audio In (accepts +4dBu line level signal)
- Pitch CV In (1 V/Oct)
- Filter CV In
- Volume CV In
- Keyboard Gate In
- MIDI In
- MIDI Out
- USBDimensions and Weight:
- 26.75x14.75x6.75 in.
- 22 lb
Basic Editing of sounds
- Sound editing of continuous parameters (like Filter Cutoff) is done from the front panel by enabling a parameter with its switch (its LED becomes illuminated), and then adjusting its value control. There are 4 value controls, one for each section: Modulation, Oscillators, Filter, and Envelopes. Each is surrounded by a ring of 15 LEDs that show approximately the stored or edited value of the current parameter. The value controls are analog, and when a parameter is activated, the analog control signal is switched to directly control that parameter (RAC or Real Analog Control). For each section, only one continuous parameter can be activated at a time for editing. For parameters that have multiple possibilities (such as Mod Source) pressing that switch advances through the possible Mod sources. For On/Off type switches like Osc. Sync, the LEDs are On when that parameter is on or Off when the parameter is off.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 26 lbs
Moog Music Warranty
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 828-251-0090
Feel the power of a genuine Moog analog synth with the Little Phatty Stage II. Like the Stage and Tribute Edition before it, the Little Phatty Stage II puts the performer in control of a 100% analog signal path. Features include two ultra stable Voltage Controlled Oscillators, a Voltage Controlled Filter and other versatile tools like an external audio input, CV and KB gate inputs, and a full MIDI controller. With so many features and so much power coming together in a single performance synth, there's no limit to the hypnotic sounds the Little Phatty Stage II can produce.
"The Little Phatty not only has its own signature killer sounds, but the ability to use it's innovative interface as a versatile general MIDI controller make it an incredible tool for both performance and the studio."
-Cyril Lance, Engineering Manager
In addition to the classic Moog analog synth design, the Stage II boasts innovative and useful features including MIDI over USB, MIDI Clock Sync, an Arpeggiator, Tap Tempo and a stylish black finish. The updated MIDI over USB makes this performance and sound sculpting tool even more powerful. Combined with its warm analog sound, ability to process external audio and its intuitive performance, sound design and control features, the Stage II makes a great addition to any rig, from full-on analog to a laptop/softsynth setup. You can also connect it directly to a computer and run the Little Phatty Editor/Librarian.
MIDI Clock Sync allows you to synchronize the LFO and arpeggiator rate to the tempo of your MIDI sequencer, drum machine or software. Sample and hold, triangle, square, sawtooth and ramp wave modulations can now be perfectly timed with your rhythm tracks and the arpeggiator.
The arpeggiator is a great performance feature with applications for musicians in all genres. Its wide variety of uses is sure to find a place in any style, and of course it also syncs to MIDI clock. Tap Tempo brings LFO and arpeggiator tempo sync functionality to situations in which there is no MIDI clock.
The distinctive black finish is a real eye-catcher that emphasizes the unique nature of the Little Phatty Stage II.
Power Cord (Included)