Affordable Monitors for Professional ApplicationsLoaded with 8-inch woofers, M-Audio BX8 Carbon active studio monitors let you experience the low end of the frequency spectrum with all the clarity and detail it deserves. These powered, bi-amped reference monitors offer an extended frequency response for accurate reproduction, and a sleek design that will look sharp in your studio.
Sound Tailored to the RoomAs part of the Carbon series, these BX8 monitors feature the Acoustic Space Control, located on the back of the cabinet. This feature lets you calibrate the monitor to your listening environment by reducing the low-end output by 2 or 4 decibels. It's a very useful feature for when your monitors are positioned near or against a wall.
Tonal Accuracy, No Matter WhatThe BX8 Carbon monitors were designed to provide a natural listening experience, stellar dynamics, and tonal accuracy via their custom Class A/B analog amplifiers pushing woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters. With accurate reproduction of lows, mids, and highs, these powered monitors let you hear your music the way it's meant to be heard, giving you a real sense of how your mixes will translate to other listening environments or systems.
Kevlar Drivers Make a DifferenceEight-inch low-frequency drivers made of woven Kevlar lengthen the lifespan of the monitors; mechanically and thermally resilient, Kevlar is a long-lasting material ideal for use in speaker cones. Likewise, high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, practically guaranteeing that the BX8 Carbons won't fail on you after long listening sessions. These active studio monitors also feature a curved conical design that improves room dispersion, as well as high-damping rubber surrounds that help ensure percussive, musical bass and (again!) accurate reproduction. With the BX8 Carbons, it's all about accuracy.
Pinhole LED Shows You the Sweet SpotWith these M-Audio monitors, you won't have to move about the room to find the sweet spot. The BX8 Carbons have a pinhole power LED that gets brighter when you're sitting in the right listening position.
Ample Headroom for Loud Mixes, Thanks to Bi-Amped DesignM-Audio's BX8 Carbons feature a Class A/B bi-amplified design, which assigns separate power amps to the high and low frequencies, providing plenty of headroom for loud, dynamic mixes. The analog amplifiers, combined with a finely tuned crossover, ensure that each driver delivers only the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently. The end result is cohesive sound across the frequency spectrum.
Rear Ported Cabinet with Rounded CornersThe cabinet has a custom rear port designed to reduce air turbulence and distortion while adding extra low-frequency extension. For reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging, the monitor cabinet has rounded corners.
Accurate Highs Up to 22 kHzSilk high-frequency domes eliminate audible ringing, while a fully isolated high-frequency driver keeps distortion at the bare minimum, and a built-in waveguide offers an expansive sound stage and excellent imaging. All in all, the BX8 Carbon studio monitors provide a smooth frequency response of 38 Hz to 22 kHz, with 130 watts of distributed power (70 watts for the low-frequency amplifier and 60 for the high-frequency amplifier).
Features:- Active studio monitor with bi-amplified design for 130 watts of distributed power
- Frequency response of 38 Hz to 22 kHz for tonal accuracy across the frequency range
- 8" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1-1/4" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Rear volume control
- Includes two isolation pads
zZounds is an authorized dealer of M-Audio products.
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 8-inch (203 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround, magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1.25-inch (32mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- LF Amplifier: Power 70 W
- HF Amplifier: Power 60 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced input connector
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 KO balanced, 10 KO unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or 100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension: (H x W x D): 15" x 10" x 12", 381 mm x 254 mm x 305 mm
- Weight (without packing): 26.4 lbs., 12 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Single Speaker
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Single Speaker
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, Single Speaker
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 401-658-5765
M-Audio BX8 Carbon Active Studio MonitorThe M-Audio BX8 Carbon studio monitor helps you track, monitor, and mix with confidence by providing accurate sound and dynamic acoustic control. Equipped with a 8" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver and 1.25" natural silk dome tweeter, the BX8 Carbon delivers a flat frequency response, enhanced stereo imaging, and increased clarity for authentic, professional mixing. The bi-amplified 130 Watt class A/B amplification means high power with less noise and ensures that your monitoring setup can handle today's modern music with ease. With the BX8 Carbon, your music is ready for any listening environment.
Acoustic ControlMixing doesn't occur in a vacuum. Your listening environment influences your mixing decisions and, ultimately, the sound of your music. The BX8 Carbon's Acoustic Space Control, a series of calibration tools, helps provide optimal acoustic conditions for tracking, mixing, and monitoring anywhere. Adapt the BX8 Carbon to any mixing environment -- from bedrooms to basements to professional studios -- without compromising frequency detail or stereo image. The result is a flexible monitoring setup for the most demanding mixing environments.
Sweeter Sweet SpotThe tweeter's waveguide has been enhanced to provide an expansive sweet spot and superior stereo imaging. A wider mix position gives you professional monitoring for any caliber studio. Pinhole-mounted LED placement cues help locate and light up the sweet spot to ensure a speaker placement that reliably translates stereo information and frequencies. When the LEDs turn bright, you know you're dead center and ready to start mixing your sessions or laying down tracks with the BX8 Carbon.
Features:- Authentic, flat frequency response -- ideal for recording studios
- 8" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver -- clear, defined bass
- 130 Watt (70+60) Class A/B bi-amplification -- low-noise, high-power and durable
- Acoustic Space Control -- calibrate the BX8 Carbon to your mixing environment
- Waveguide with LED placement cues -- superior imaging
- 1.25" natural silk dome tweeter -- provides silky detail
- 38 Hz - 22 kHz frequency response -- handles modern music with ease