70 Watts of Crystal Clear Output for Clean MixesWhen you snag a pair of M-Audio BX5 Carbon active studio monitors, you get high-end reference monitors without the high-end price. As part of M-Audio's BX studio monitor series, the BX5 Carbons feature an extended frequency response for a more natural listening experience, as well as a sleek bi-amped design with 70 watts of distributed power that will rock in any studio. Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters cover the frequency spectrum from 56 Hz to 22 kHz.
A Captivating Listening ExperienceChances are that you've been recording, mixing, and mastering for a while now. But have you really heard your music? Mixes that sound awesome on your monitors might not sound so clean on others. That's where the BX5 Carbons excel -- these active monitors are designed to be extremely accurate, letting you hear exactly how your music sounds and how it will translate to other listening environments or systems. With BX5 Carbons, you get transparency and sonic definition for a modest price.
Sound Tailored to Fit the RoomOn the back of the BX5 Carbon monitor, you'll find the Acoustic Space switch. This calibration device ensures ideal sound for any room by letting you adjust the monitor's low-end output. When the monitors are in full-space, or away from walls, flat provides full low-end volume. If the monitors are mounted against a wall, you can compensate by reducing the low end by 2 or 4 decibels.
Find The Sweet Spot FastWith these M-Audio monitors, you won't have to move about the room to find the sweet spot. The BX5 Carbons will tell you when you're sitting in the right listening position by lighting up a pinhole LED.
You Won't Be Replacing These Anytime SoonFive-inch, woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers lengthen the lifespan of the monitors. Mechanically and thermally resilient, Kevlar is a long-lasting material ideal for use in speaker cones. Moreover, high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, helping ensure that the BX5 Carbons won't fail on you after long listening sessions. Other notable features include a curved conical design that improves room dispersion, and high-damping rubber surrounds that provide percussive musical bass and accurate reproduction.
Clear Highs up to 22 kHzSilk high-frequency domes eliminate any audible ringing typically associated with domes made of metallic materials, while a fully isolated high-frequency driver keeps distortion at the bare minimum, and a built-in waveguide offers an expansive sound stage and excellent imaging.
Rear-Ported, Bi-Amped Design for Low Distortion and High HeadroomThe BX5 Carbon cabinet has a custom rear port designed to reduce air turbulence and distortion while adding extra low-frequency extension. What's more, rounded corners give the cab reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging.
M-Audio's BX5 Carbons employ a Class A/B bi-amplified design, which assigns separate power amps to the high and low frequencies, providing plenty of headroom for loud, dynamic mixes. The end result is tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the sonic spectrum.
Features:- Active studio monitor with bi-amplified design, 70 watts of distributed power
- Extended frequency response of 56 Hz to 22 kHz
- 5" low-frequency driver with Kevlar cone for rich, defined lows
- 1" high-frequency driver with natural silk dome and integrated waveguide for smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Acoustic Space control adjusts low-frequency output to fit the room
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control
zZounds is an authorized dealer of M-Audio products.
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 5-inch (127 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1-inch (25 mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 40 W
- HF Amplifier Power: 30 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced input connector
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 KO balanced, 10 KO unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or 100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension (H x W x D): 9.8 x 6.9 x 7.9", 250 x 176 x 200 mm
- Weight (without packing): 11 lbs., 5.0 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Single Speaker
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, Single Speaker
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 401-658-5765
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Active Studio MonitorThe M-Audio BX5 Carbon studio monitor helps you track, monitor, and mix with confidence by providing accurate sound and dynamic acoustic control. Equipped with a 5" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver and 1" natural silk dome tweeter, the BX5 Carbon delivers a flat frequency response, enhanced stereo imaging, and increased clarity for authentic mixing in a space-saving design. The bi-amplified 70 Watt class A/B amplification means high power with less noise and ensures that your monitoring setup can handle today's modern music with ease. With the BX5 Carbon, your music is ready for any listening environment.
Acoustic ControlMixing doesn't occur in a vacuum. Your listening environment influences your mixing decisions and, ultimately, the sound of your music. The BX5 Carbon's Acoustic Space Control, a series of calibration switches, helps provide optimal acoustic conditions for tracking, mixing, and monitoring anywhere. Adapt the BX5 Carbon to any mixing environment--from bedrooms to basements to professional studios -- without compromising frequency detail or stereo image. The result is a flexible monitoring setup for the most demanding mixing environments.
Sweeter Sweet SpotThe tweeter's waveguide has been enhanced to provide an expansive sweet spot and superior stereo imaging. A wider mix position gives you professional monitoring for any caliber studio. Pinhole-mounted LED placement cues help locate and light up the sweet spot to ensure a speaker placement that reliably translates stereo information and frequencies. When the LEDs turn bright, you know you're dead center and ready to start mixing your sessions or laying down tracks with the BX5 Carbon.
Features:- Authentic, flat frequency response - in a compact footprint
- 5" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver -- clear, defined bass
- 70 Watt (40+30) Class A/B bi-amplification - low-noise, high-power and durable
- Acoustic Space Control -- calibrate the BX5 Carbon to your mixing environment
- Waveguide with LED placement cues -- superior imaging
- 1" natural silk dome tweeter -- provides silky detail
- 57 Hz - 22 kHz frequency response -- handles modern music with ease