The Mackie HD1801 Sub: More Power to You!
Push your PA to the max with the Mackie HD1801, a compact subwoofer that's not only efficient and powerful, but portable as well. Easy to take from home to the gig and back again, the HD1801 provides 1,600 Watts peak power, via Mackie's Class-D Fast Recovery amplification system. The HD1801's ported, direct-radiating design delivers unrivaled punchiness and low-frequency extension, all in a rugged all-wood cabinet that can hold its own against regular use and abuse. Its custom-made 18" driver blasts subsonic lows to the crowd, while tuning filters, internal crossovers, and protection circuitry designed by Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW) ensure that the subwoofer performs like a pro in even the most demanding situations.
Check out this video from Mackie highlighting the HD series of powered speakers:
A High-Output System that Won't Put You Out
Thanks to Mackie's Class-D Fast Recovery amplification, this powered sub is able to output 1,600 Watts of peak power. Fast Recovery means just that -- when you play your music way too loud, the HD1801 will recover quickly so you don't get too much distortion when you push your audio into clipping. Protective circuitry like peak and RMS limiting and over-excursion/thermal protection further allow the precision-tuned HD1801 to keep its cool during ear-punishing shows.
Accurate Low End Reproduction
Mackie worked closely with EAW to give this powered subwoofer a ported, direct-radiating design that delivers smooth, powerful, super-low frequency extension. EAW custom-specified the 18-inch driver to work flawlessly with the HD1801's internal amplifier.
Lightweight, Space-Saving Sub
The HD1801 features an efficient, relatively lightweight design (106 pounds) that, when compared to traditional amplifiers of this caliber, isn't going to put you out for a week if you transport and lift it yourself. In addition to being portable, the HD1801 is also compact for an 18" sub, so it won't hog up too much real estate on the dancefloor. Or, you can use the HD1801's 12 rigging points to make it a flown sub, placing it up high and out of the way. This Mackie subwoofer is good to go in any position.
Made to Last
Its enclosure is made of solid wood -- 15 mm birch, to be exact -- which is coated in a durable textured black paint that minimizes the risk of scratching. The unit's grill is rugged as well, made using powder-coated steel and sitting flush with the enclosure to avoid denting.
- Powered subwoofer with 1,600 Watts of Class-D Fast Recovery amplification
- 800 Watts RMS / 1,600 Watts peak power
- 133 dB SPL max output (peak @ 1m)
- 35 Hz to 145 Hz operating range
- 18-Inch high-output woofer with 4-inch voice coil
- Active electronics provide complete system optimization
- Symmetrical Linkwitz-Riley crossover (100 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Precision tuning filters for ultra-accurate bass reproduction
- Phase alignment to perfectly complement Mackie full-range HD loudspeakers
- Ported, direct-radiating design for maximum punch and low-frequency extension
- Designed and tuned by Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW)
- Dual XLR inputs, full-range, and high-pass outputs for mono or stereo setups
- Level control and polarity invert switch with LED indicator
- Signal/limit and thermal LED indicators for at-a-glance clipping status
- Integrated protection and limiting circuitry for pro performance no matter what
- Rugged all-wood cabinet made of 15 mm birch plywood
- Pole mount receptacle for mounting full range speaker
- 12 Integrated M10 flypoints for making it a flown subwoofer
- Compact and lightweight (106 lbs.) build make it easy to gig with
Although the HD1801 was designed to work in harmony with Mackie's HD Series loudspeakers, it can complement any other full-range system and still offer high-definition, sound-pumping performance.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Mackie products.