You want the rich, luscious sound that's defined studio reverb for 3 decades: a genuine Lexicon hardware processor. But you also want the flexibility of programming high-quality effects right inside your DAW program... without bogging down your CPU or resorting to expensive processing cards.
Have it all with the MX400. All parameters of every reverb, delay and dynamic effect in this powerhouse quad processor are available inside any VST or AU compatible DAW program. Just link your computer to the MX400 with a USB cable and control all automation and recall parameters exactly as you would with any software plug-in -- while enjoying the sonic benefits only Lexicon hardware can provide.
Along with the unique 'hardware plug-ins' for PC and Mac, Lexicon has also included MX-Edit Librarian software so you can store and recall custom programs or pull up your choice of 223 genuine Lexicon settings including 25 dedicated Surround Programs. At its heart, the MX400 is everything you would expect from the company that invented digital reverberation. Seventeen Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects plus dbx compression and de-essing. A generous LCD display and big comfy knobs you can getyour hands around.
- 17 legendary Lexicon reverbs
- Lexicon delays and modulation effects
- dbx compression and de-essing
- Quad-processor design
- 7 effect routing options
- 99 Factory/99 user programs for Stereo mode
- 99 Factory/99 user programs for Dual-Stereo mode
- 25 Factory/25 user surround programs
- USB 'Hardware Plug-In' feature with
- VST and Audio Units plug-in software
- MX-Edit Editor/Librarian software
- Dual S/PDIF Digital Input/Output
- 24 bit, 48kHz/44.1kHz sample rates
- Large front panel LCD display
- MIDI IN and THRU
- 1/4 in. balanced/unbalanced TRS I/O
Hands-On Control and Road-Rugged Construction
Meet the most Lexicon power ever offered in a super-affordable 1RU effects processor. Perfect for band PAs, churches and clubs. You need to be able to make changes quickly, so they designed the MX400's intuitive front panel to be a bare minimum of knob tweaks away from any adjustment or effects change. For example, 3 individual, assignable parameter controls mean you don't have to page through menus to fine tune a reverb tail. Because you can use its built-in dbx compression and de-essing in tandem with reverb, the MX400 is the perfect tool for taming problem vocalists. Finally, you can rely on the MX400 for years to come, through countless load-ins and loadouts -- although its sound is A-studio-quality, Lexicon designed the MX400 to withstand dust, moisture, shock, power surges and all the other rigors of live sound use.
The first time you ever heard reverb on an album track, chances are you were hearing Lexicon. They invented digital processing. And they've been perfecting it for 30 years.
7 Effects Routing Options
The MX400 lets you switch effect routings automatically via front panel controls, so you don't have to spend time behind yoru rack changing cables to instantly re-purpose its four powerful processors.
From basc quad mono, to sterero to more complex dual stereo configurations, you can have 'em all at the twist of a knob.
- Small Hall
- Large Hall
- Surround Hall
- Small Plate
- Large Plate
- Vocal Hall
- Vocal Plate
- Drum Hall
- Drum Plate
- Studio Delay
- Digital Delay
- Tape Delay
- Pong Delay
- Mod Delay
- Reverse Delay
- 2-Tap Delay
- Tremolo / Pan
- Pitch Shift
All MX400 reverbs, delays, dynamics and effects parameters can be accessed and edited from the inlcuded VST(R) and Audio Units plug-ins.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Analog Audio Inputs
- Connectors: (4) 1/4 in. TRS balanced or unbalanced
- Impedance: 50k Ohms bal., 25k Ohms unbal.
- Input Level: +4 dBu nominal, +24 dBu maxium 48kHz or 44.1kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 48kHz 128 x oversamplingAnalog Audio Outputs
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20kHz +0 dB/-0.5 dB
- THD+N: <0.0019% 10Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: >109dB (A-weighted) A/A
- Crosstalk: Typical <-80 dB 20Hz - 20kHzDigital Input and Output
- Connectors: Dual RCA phono (S/PDIF)
- Format: S/PDIF 24-bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1 or 48kHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 22kHz +/-0.5 dB @ 48kHzControl Interface
- USB: USB 1.0 for MX-EDIT Editor/Librarian and VST/Audio Units plug-ins
- MIDI: In/Out 5-pin DIN
- Foot Pedal: 1/4 in. phone jackGeneral
- Power: 117 VAC or 230 VAC, 18 Watts
- Size (W/H/D): 19 in. x 1.75 in. x 7.25 in.*/6.375 in.
- Weight: 5.8 lbs. (2.6 kg)
- Specifications subject to change without notice
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs