Volca Drums: The Ideal Instrument for Thrifty Beat ProducersSince the '80s, analog drum machines have delivered snappy snare hits, thick bass kicks, and an old-school feel that many musicians and producers still prefer to acoustic drum kits. Korg keeps the tradition alive with the Volca Beats Analog Rhythm Machine. This entry-level analog beat box provides a powerful EDM production tool in a highly portable, battery-operated unit.
An Analog Drum Machine for On-The-Go ArtistsVolca Beats is the ideal instrument for anyone looking for a portable analog drum machine. Weighing less than one pound, and complete with built-in speakers, Volca Beats is a truly just that. The unit runs on six AA batteries for approximately 10 hours. The unit may also be powered by regular AC power adapter if preferred (sold separately). It's also truly compact, with a minimal form factor and lightweight design. Volca Beats is one drum kit that won't weigh you down.
Analog Drum Sounds and Electribe-Inspired SequencerVolca Bass is not just an analog drum machine, it's also an Electribe-inspired 16-step sequencer, with onboard memory for storing 8 of your favorite patterns. That means you can immediately recall your favorite drum kits and patterns with the press of a button -- a totally modern twist on an otherwise analog beat box. Volca beats provides six analog drum parts (kick, snare, hi tom, lo tom, closed hi hat, and open hi hat) and four PCM drum parts (clap, claves, agogo, and crash) all of which are fully editable with knobs and buttons on the unit. Everything is right in front of you, so you can tweak and edit parameters until it sounds just the way you like it.
Works with Other Volca SynthsVolca Beats can easily integrate with other Korg Volca synths via the provided Sync In/Out port. Volca units may also be integrated with your existing DAW or MIDI environment via the provided MIDI port.
Features:- Portable analog drum machine with sequencer
- Multi-touch keyboard and internal speakers
- Supports ten drum parts simultaneously: six analog drum parts and four PCM drum parts
- Analog drum types: kick, snare, hi tom, lo tom, closed hi hat, and open hi hat
- PCM drum types: clap, claves, agogo, and crash
- Editable kick parameters: click, pitch, decay, part level
- Editable snare parameters: snappy, pitch, decay, part level
- Editable tom parameters: hi pitch, lo pitch, decay, part level
- Editable hat parameters: closed decay, open decay, grain, part level
- Editable PCM parameters: speed, part level
- Shutter effect provided
- Automation function provided for recording your edits for playback as patterns
- 16 step sequencer with memory for 8 stored patterns
- 1/8 inch Sync In and Sync Out for synchronizing with other Volca units
- 1/8 inch headphone output
- MIDI In
- Powered via six internal AA batteries or AC power adapter (sold separately)
- Unit runs approximately 10 hours on alkaline batteries
- Unit weighs less than 1 pound
Whether you're looking for your first drum machine or looking to add true analog drum sounds to your mixes, Korg's Volca Beats offers a remarkably affordable analog drum machine and step sequencer in a surprisingly portable unit.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800
Product DescriptionThe Korg Volca Beats analog rhythm machine is part of Korg's Volca series -- a lineup of EDM production tools that also includes the Volca Keys lead synthesizer and Volca Bass synthesizer. Following in the footsteps of the monotron, monotribe, and MS-20 Mini analog synthesizers, these powerful and fun-to-use true-analog devices deliver a diverse array of fat sounds that can be obtained only from an analog synthesizer.
Each is also equipped with sequencing/recording capabilities for intuitively generating performances. Multiple volcas can be used in tandem via the vintage-style sync in/out, and with your favorite DAW software or MIDI keyboard via MIDI In. Battery operation and built-in speakers mean that you can conveniently play anywhere and anytime. These are the next-generation analog synthesizers, bringing you the ultimate sounds and grooves with ease and depth. Whether used together or by themselves, the volca series is poised to inject true analog power into any performance or studio setup!
Common Features:SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performance with multiple units or with your DAW
By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST.
The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices, as well as play the volca from any MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
Self-tuning function (Volca Bass and Keys only)
Until now, the problem with analog synthesizers has been that the pitch would drift over time, or because of changes in temperature. Volca solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
Analog Rhythm MachinePeerless beats generated by solid analog drum sounds and an Electribe-style sequencer
Powerful analog drum sounds:
- Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
- Six editable analogue parts with one knob per function for easy editing
- Maximum effect from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
- PCM sound engine expands possibilities when used with analog sounds
Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series:
- Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- Stutter function generates repeated triggers that dramatically change the sequence
- Active Step function generates bass lines by removing or inserting steps.
- Step Jump function instantly plays only the step you're pressing
Convenient functions for incredible ease of use:- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- MIDI In for note entry, plus external sync and control from your DAW
- Go-anywhere analogue: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power
Even today, more than thirty years after the age dominated by analog synthesizers, we just can't let go of the sound of analog rhythm machines. Those thick sounds have the power to stand up to guitar and acoustic drums, and are still indispensable for track-making or live performance. The Volca Beats gives you those analog drums plus the easy-to-use step sequencer of the Electribe; it lets you turn your inspiration into reality and generate beats with the best high quality sounds.