Loaded with nearly a thousand factory sounds plus space to add even more, the Korg Pa600 Professional Arranger keyboard is sure to please the songwriter in you. RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) technology lend this compact 61-key instrument the stellar sound quality, finely tuned control, and awesome articulation for which Korg's PA series is known. Combine all that with a compact cabinet, large TouchView display, colossal database of Styles, studio-quality effects, and built-in speakers, and you get a keyboard that's equally worthy of sitting in the studio or on stage.
Expansive Range of Sounds
The Korg Pa600's soundset boasts a selection of musical instruments from almost every genre, helping you to hear your composition's parts in their proper voices, as you write them. Many of the sounds get their rich, articulate, finely tuned timbres from DNC (Defined Nuance Control) technology, while several sounds get their big synthy bite from Korg's OASYS synthesizer. More than 950 sounds, including a GM sound set and 64 drum kits, are preloaded, and all sounds may be edited and saved in the keyboard's User area.
When you just want to play with a good piano sound, turn to the Pa600's multilayer stereo acoustic piano, which was accurately sampled from a concert grand and includes string and damper pedal resonance. When your performance or songwriting session calls for an international excursion, you have the option to purchase and add on up to 96 MB of musical sounds and styles particular to specific regions around the world.
Customize Your Sound with FX
Tweak your tones with 125 effects including reverb, delay, chorus, REMS guitar-based effects, limiter, and more. The EQ options on the Pa600 are especially nice -- each track features its own EQ, with a 4-band parametric EQ and a limiter on the master output. What's more, a custom track EQ can be memorized in the general preferences for Song Play mode, enabling you to save your desired equalization settings for any MIDI file you play and have your personal EQ applied to that track for all subsequent Songs.
Everything You Need to Create a Song
With hundreds of preloaded Styles programmed by top arrangers, you'll have a style to match just about every piece you play. If don't like what's available, no worries -- you can record and edit your own styles right on the Pa600.
This Professional Arranger lends a helping hand in the songwriting department, with four Fills, Break, three Intros, and three Endings. Different transposition tables are there to suit any instrument characteristic, while Guitar Mode 2 makes guitar tracks sound like they are actually being played on a guitar rather than a keyboard.
Since the Pa600 has its own sound system (2x15-watt amplifiers driving two loudspeakers in a bass-reflex box), it is truly plug and play. There's no need to fire up a bunch of other gear. Just turn on the Pa600 and go!
You Know You Want to Touch It
Easy to understand and use, the graphical user interface (GUI) on the Pa600 makes use of a color TouchView Display, which is a handy feature for those who hate using up/down buttons to navigate a menu. Two interface modes, Easy and Expert, allow players of all levels to perform in their comfort zone. Easy mode shows only the most important controls in a no-nonsense interface, while Expert mode provides full editing control of all parameters.
View Lyrics, Chords, and Full Scores
The keyboard's music player can read MIDI, KAR, and MP3 files as well as lyrics and chords from most of these files. With the Pa600 you can also add markers to MIDI files and view traditional scores via the Score Viewer, which displays tracks as traditional musical notation with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations.
Instant Song Playback
Use the programmable SongBook musical database to search and play complete songs with all your settings intact. SongBook can reference styles, MIDI files, or MP3s, and it can immediately recall settings such as song title, genre, artist, tempo, volumes, sounds, muted tracks, effect settings, Easy Edit, and more.
- 61-Key arranger keyboard for live performance, songwriting, and more
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) sound engine delivers natural, realistic sounds
- Over 950 preloaded sounds, including a GM sound set and 64 drum kits
- Over 360 factory Styles, each including 3 Intros/Endings, 4 variations, and 4 Fill In plus Break
- 10 Favorite and 3 User banks for storing Styles
- 4 Stereo Master Effects with 125 effects algorithms
- Large, bright, backlit TouchView color TFT display (800x480)
- Easy to use GUI with Search function for finding any musical resource or file
- Resource selection feature with copy/paste, rename and delete
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for realistic guitar parts and synchronized pads
- Chord Sequencer function can record any chord progression
- General MIDI set for Standard MIDI files, compatibility with popular lyric formats including graphical (+G), plus Text Viewer, Marker and Score
- MP3 player with Transpose and Tempo Change
- Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, karaoke, and MP3, with instant recall of any song setting and user-definable custom lists
- Two assignable switches and a four-way joystick for total control
- Compact cabinet with built-in amplification system
- Localized Pa600 data (sold separately) provides Sounds and Styles relevant to specific countries and regions
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
The Korg Pa600 is an affordable, compact, and powerful addition to Korg's internationally acclaimed PA series. Providing you with the most up-to-date collection of quality sound and styles combined, the PA600 is a perfect songwriting and performance partner.
The Pa600 is a brilliant Professional Arranger that distills the sonic essence and functionality of the Pa series into a compact and affordable new instrument. Like its big brothers - the Pa800 and the Pa3X - the Pa600 uses the RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) technology to deliver sound quality that's unprecedented in an arranger keyboard. With its new compact cabinet, large TFT color TouchView display, enormous factory and user PCM memory, huge style database and excellent amplification system, Korg has raised the standard of excellence in the entry-level price range.
Listen and Believe.
It all begins with the sound. Korg's sound quality is universally recognized as superior, and is relied on by musicians around the world. The Pa600 gives you a rich, detailed, sophisticated, natural sound with musical instruments from almost every genre, exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, and accuracy. The DNC (Defined Nuance Control) system adds finely tuned control, and provides various levels of articulation. There are also several sounds distilled from the OASYS (one of the most powerful synthesizers ever made), helping the Pa600 set a new standard for arranger keyboards. Over 950 sounds are preloaded, including a refreshed GM sound set, and 64 Drum Kits. There is also an amazing multilayer stereo acoustic piano that was accurately sampled from a concert grand, and includes string and damper pedal resonance. Sounds are fully editable, and changes can be saved in the User area.
One very exciting feature added to the Pa600 is the option of purchasing musical sounds and styles particular to specific regions around the world. Up to 96MB of additional PCM allows many instruments to be accurately added to the Pa600 sound engine and used with styles that were developed to represent many of the popular musical styles of certain countries.
Great sound is more than just the quality of the sample data. For many years, Korg has produced outstanding, studio-quality effects that are simply breathtaking. The Pa600 has four stereo Master Effect processors, with 125 effects including standards such as reverb, delay, and chorus, as well as some of the universally acclaimed REMS guitar-based effects for authentic guitar tones.
Each track features EQ with Low, Mid and High controls. A custom track EQ can be memorized in the general preferences for Song Play mode. This will help sculpt the sounds to your personal taste for any MIDI file you play. Need a lighter bass track? Save the desired equalization, and the bass will stay light with all the subsequent Songs.
A limiter and final 4-band parametric EQ have been added to the sound output of the Pa600. Its total sound can be enhanced by these powerful and musically refined processors, easily adapting to your musical taste, or compensating for a problematic live environment.
The Pa600 delivers a new set of deluxe styles, programmed by some of the leading arrangers in the world, each of whom worked according to their musical strengths. The result is hundreds of preloaded Styles that provide unparalleled realism and detail. Covering an expanded range of musical genres, the Pa600 provides styles for almost every occasion. If you require a special Style collection, simply record and edit your own styles on board.
They add further realism to your performance with four Fills, Break, three Intros and three Endings. More flexibility is added by the choice of different transposition tables to suit any instrument characteristic, and the stunning Guitar Mode 2 adds a totally new perspective to how realistic Guitar tracks can sound. If you need both hands to play a solo passage, record your chord sequence and let the Pa600's Chord Sequencer play it for you.
The Pa600 is one of the easiest arrangers to carry around. While its size might appear compact, the power of the onboard, exceptionally high-quality custom designed amplification system is anything but small. The 2 x 15-watt amplifiers drive two loudspeakers in a bass-reflex box to generate a powerful listening experience.
Easy To Use
With all the technological power that's packed inside, it was vital that Korg also made the Pa600 easy to understand and use. Your experience using the Pa600 should be intuitive, musical, fast and foolproof. The panel layout has been simplified, and the graphical user interface utilizes an amazing, graphical, color TouchView(TM) Display, so you simply think, point and click for easy and intuitive use.
So that musicians of all levels can make great music quickly, there are two interface modes: Easy and Expert. Easy mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and straightforward interface, useful for beginners or playing live. While in Expert mode, you have full editing control. Nothing stands between you and your professional performance.
Switches are assignable so your live performances work the way you want, and when you don't remember where a file, song or style was saved, just use the Search feature and let the Pa600 find it for you.
The player on board the Pa600 can read MIDI, KAR and MP3 files. It can also read lyrics and chords from most of these files, and add markers on-the-fly to MIDI files. Traditional score viewing is also available for those who prefer to read music.
The Score Viewer displays the lead track (or any other track) as clear and plain traditional musical notation with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations. Chord names can also be seen in different languages (English and Italian). For music learners, they've also added a function to show note names next to each note.
This exciting feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live. The SongBook is a musical database that's completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You only have to search for the title of the song you would like to play, select it and hit "Play". SongBook can reference styles, MIDI files, or MP3s, and can immediately recall settings such as song title, genre, artist, tempo, volumes, sounds, muted tracks, effect settings, Easy Edit, STS*, master transpose, and more. Everything that you need to play your song perfectly is in the SongBook; a useful musical feature that is unique to Korg.
(*STS - Single Touch Settings is a memory that recalls sounds for all the real time tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3 & Lower).)
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) sound engine offers improved realism and vivid sound.
- Massive internal Factory PCM provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering amazingly high quality sounds.
- Two assignable switches and a four-way joystick ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC).
- Elegantly designed and compact cabinet, including a pristine amplification system.
- Large, bright, backlit TouchView(TM) color TFT display (800x480).
- Easy layout and intuitive graphical interface with new Search function for easy retrieval of any musical resource or file.
- New resource selection feature with copy/paste, rename and delete.
- Over 360 factory Styles, each including three Intros/Endings, four variations and four Fill In + Break, plus ten Favorite and three User banks for storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles.
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts, plus synchronized pads.
- Chord Sequencer function that can record any chord progression on-the-fly.
- Improved General Midi set for Standard Midi Files, compatibility with popular lyric formats including graphical (+G), plus Text Viewer, Marker and Score.
- MP3 player with Transpose and Tempo Change.
- 4 Stereo Master Effects (125 FX algorithms).
- Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, karaoke, and MP3, with instant recall of any song setting and user-definable custom lists.
- Localized Pa600 and Pa600QT data (sold separately) provides Sounds and Styles relevant to specific countries and regions.
NOTE: Power supply included.