Product DescriptionThe microKORG range expands with a big brother to mega selling microKORG synth. The original microKORG is loved and used daily by musicians around the world - from keyboardists to guitarists - enabling everyone to experience the enjoyment of a great synthesizer. Now an advanced microKORG is available; a synthesizer that lets you generate your own personal sound, packing a cutting-edge sound engine and powerful effects into a compact, vintage-like body. Welcome the microKORG XL.
Features- New vintage design is both fresh and nostalgic.
- Korg's renowned MMT Multi Modeling Technology, optimized for the microKORG XL.
- Sixteen band vocoder for voice controlled effects. A gooseneck microphone is included, so you can begin vocoding right away.
- 128 powerful sounds are built-in and ready for immediate use.
- Intuitive sound selection; simply specify the music genre and instrument category.
- Seventeen powerful Kaoss derived effects.
- Newly developed natural touch mini keyboard is compact, yet easy to play.
- Editing software can be downloaded from the Korg website, as well as converted MS2000 and microKORG programs.
- Battery powered for on-the-go enjoyment.
The top of the range microKORG - XL power in a micro bodyThe microKORG has continued to be a best-seller since its arrival five years ago, and remains enormously popular today. This model boasts Korg's powerful Radias/R3 derived MMT Multi Modeling Technology, as well as a powered-up vocoder. The updated ROM includes PCM data for recreating in-demand vintage keyboards such as piano, electric piano, and clav. Externally, the microKORG XL boasts a vintage design with a textured black body and industrial silver panel. The interface has also been enhanced, making it easier than ever to use. Sound selection is controlled by two large dials; three smaller knobs allow the main parameters to be easily selected. The intuitive mini-keyboard is firm and responsive for even greater playability. And best of all, it's battery-powered so you can take it anywhere and still enjoy serious sound. For beginners, advanced musicians and sound designers, this is a synthesizer that will stimulate your musical creativity.
Korg's Multi Modeling TechnologyKorg's MMT engine provides a compendium of Korg's various modeling technologies, offering a robust range of sounds - including great analog re-creations. Korg's famed MMT is the same high-fidelity synthesis that powers the Radias, R3, and ElecTribe MX, optimized to provide the microKORG XL with phenomenal performance. The microKORG XL uses two MMT oscillators to generate powerful sounds. Oscillator 1 (OSC1) provides not only the standard waveforms you expect from an analog synthesizer, but a total of seven types of oscillator algorithms, including formant waveforms such as human voice, noise, and PCM/DWGS waveforms such as vintage keyboards and strings. Cross-modulation, unison, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) let you create sounds that would be impossible for a conventional PCM synthesizer. Oscillator 2 (OSC2) can be used for modulation (sync or ring) in conjunction with the first oscillator, making it easy to create complex and powerful sounds.
Dynamic Synthesis PowerTwo multi-mode filters, a drive/waveshaping circuit for distinctively distorted sounds, and EG and LFO for creating time-varying tonal change, provide plenty of parameters for serious synthesis. Virtual Patching simulates the patching capability of Korg's classic MS series, and the arpeggiator can run six types of patterns, all adding up to a high degree of creative freedom. There's also an external audio input jack, so you can process external audio material from a sampler or other source device. In the full-edit mode you have unlimited access to all of the Korg microKORG XL's synthesis parameters.
Versatile VocodingUsing a microphone, the Korg microKORG XL's amazing vocoder allows you to add vocal characteristics to any sound, creating everything from "talk-box" filtering, pseudo choirs, talking instruments and vintage Sci-Fi robots. You can also use another instrument - such as a drum machine - to add rhythmic dexterity to your synth tracks. Its unique Formant Hold allows you to freeze the vocal input for continuous vocoder effects. In addition to simulating the classic vocoder sounds of the past, the microKORG XL also allows you to shift the filter frequencies (Formant Shift function) and adjust the level and pan of each of the sixteen bands, greatly altering the tonal character. This allows you to easily create fascinating textures and sounds that go far beyond traditional vocoding. A gooseneck microphone is included, so you can immediately start using these superb vocoder functions.
Free! Downloadable sound editing software
You can use a USB cable to connect the Korg microKORG XL to your computer, and use the free sound editing software to organize your sounds and edit all of the parameters from your computer. In addition to the editing software, you can also download and use converted programs from microKORG and the MS2000/MS2000B free of charge.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- Tone Generator System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
- Program: Multi Timbral: maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi), Voices=8 voices
- Structure: [Synth] 2 oscillators + noise generator, Oscillator 1: Wave: 8 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sine, Formant, Noise, DWGS, Audio In), Modulation: Waveform, Cross, Unison, VPM, Oscillator 2: Wave: 4 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sine), Modulation: Ring, Sync, Ring+Sync, Waveshape: Type: Drive, Decimator, HardClip, OctSaw, MultiTri, MultiSin, SubOSCSaw, SubOSCSqu, SubOSCTri, SubOSCSin, LevelBoost,
- Multimode Filters: Filer 1: -24 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct BPF ~ -12 dB/oct HPF ~ Thru, Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF [Vocoder] 16 channel vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each channel, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Keyboard: 37 notes (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Effects: Timbre: 2 band EQ, Master effect x 2, 17effects
- Arpeggiator: Six types: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger, Individual step on/off function
- Programs: 128 programs (A/Bbanks x 8 genres x 8 category)
- Inputs: [Audio Input 1] jack (with Mic/Line switch) - Rear Panel Connector: 1/4 in. phone jack (unbalanced) [Audio Input 1 (Mic)] jack - Front Panel Connector: XLR jack (balanced)
- Outputs: [L/Mono, R] jacks Connectors: 1/4
Power Supply:DC9V (Included) or 6 AA batteries (Not Included)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800