The Korg BA-40 is a dedicated bluegrass tuner used for "bluegrass" instruments, featuring easy-to-use functionality in a compact size that fits in your gig bag or instrument case. With its sleek design, large display and Korg's renowned accuracy, the Korg BA-40 is destined to become a staple among professional or aspiring bluegrass musicians.
With its lively up-tempo sounds that feature various stringed instruments, bluegrass music is enjoyed by people all over the world. Korg has now created a dedicated bluegrass tuner for a wide variety of bluegrass instruments
The Korg BA-40 allows you to tune bluegrass instruments including- banjos, fiddles, mandolins, and resophonic guitars-in addition to standard guitars and bass guitars. Perfect fifths are supported for fiddle tuning. The LCD meter-type display on this bluegrass tuner provides better than +/-1 cent accuracy, and features excellent visibility on stage or in the studio to ensure that you can tune easily and accurately.
With a detection range of E1@bbbbb (30.868 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz), the BA-40 covers the entire range of instruments used in bluegrass music, and also allows you to adjust the pitch up or down in semitone (half note) steps so that you can use sharp/flat tunings relative to the standard tunings of these instruments. You can even tune your guitar with a capo still attached. Markings on the meter allow you to use a tuning reference in a range of 430 Hz to 450 Hz.
* Even if the pitch is within range, detection may not be possible for instruments that produce large numbers of overtones, or for instruments that have very fast decays.
Sound Out mode
The BA-40's Sound Out mode uses the internal speaker to play a reference tone of the correct pitch for each string of the instrument you're tuning. You'll be able to tune more accurately by using both your eyes and ears as well as train your sense of pitch by repeatedly listening to the reference tone.
>h3>Bypass functionThe BA-40 provides an output jack that can be connected directly to your amp/speaker system. This allows you to leave your instrument connected to the banjo tuner while you perform so you can easily check tuning at any time. By using the optional CM-100L contact microphone you can tune accurately even in noisy environments.
Auto Power Off function
The Auto Power Off function conserves battery life by automatically turning the power off when the unit is not in use for ten minutes.
- Dedicated tuner for bluegrass instruments such as banjos, fiddles, mandolins, and various guitars.
- Sharp/flat tuning allows you to tune with a capo attached.
- Meter mode lets you tune according to the input pitch.
- Sound Out mode lets you tune audibly to a reference tone.
- Output jack allows the Korg BA-40 to be connected directly to your amp.
- A convenient built-in stand allows this bluegrass tuner to be used in an upright position.
- Auto Power Off function preserves battery life.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament, perfect fifths (Fiddle)
- Detection Accuracy: +/- 1 cent or better
- Detection Range: E1 @bbbbb (30.868 Hz)- C8 (4186.01 Hz): for a sine wave
- Reference Tone: Banjo (5G, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1D), Fiddle (4G, 3D, 2A, 1E), Mandolin (4G, 3D, 2A, 1E), Resophonic Guitar: (6G, 5B, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1D), Guitar: (6E, 5A, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1E), Bass (4E, 3A, 2D, 1G)
- Reference Tone Accuracy: +/- 1 cent or better
- Tuning Mode: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode(MANUAL)
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4 mono), OUTPUT jack (1/4 mono)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions: 100 (W) x 67 (D) x 17 (H) mm / 3.94" (W) x 2.64" (D) x 0.67" (H)
- Weight: 88 g / 0.19 lbs. (with batteries)
- Included Items: Two AAA batteries for verifying operation
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800