The Keith McMillen Instruments QuNexus re-imagines the portable MIDI keyboard with 25 vividly illuminated, touch sensitive keys that are uniquely interactive and fun to play. Featuring huge performance capabilities in a tiny footprint, QuNexus gives artists and students unprecedented expressive control with smart sensor technology that transmits pressure, tilt, polyphonic aftertouch and velocity.
Portable: Jam Anywhere, Anytime
QuNexus lets you perform or compose new songs wherever and whenever you like. Highly portable and USB powered, just load your favorite software synths and piano apps on to your iPad or laptop and jam away in the park or on the go. QuNexus requires very little power and will play all day with an iPad or laptop.
Native: Plug and Play
QuNexus is class compliant and works natively with iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Linux with no additional software drivers required. QuNexus connects to iPads with Apple's Camera Connection Kit USB adaptor, or to Macs and PCs with the included the USB to Micro USB cable.
Powerful: crank up your performance
Pros are loving the expressive power of polyphonic aftertouch, channel rotation, poly pitchbend, and the ability to incorporate analog synthesizers with Control Voltage (CV). Individual key pressure and tilt sensitivity open up fresh nuance -- imagine pitch bend and modulation built into each key. Keyboardists report that QuNexus' unconventional keys can be played faster and more accurately than traditional keyboards. So, plug in QuNexus and take your synth shredding to the next level.
Educational: Great for students and beginners
QuNexus pairs very well with popular piano/music learning apps such as Synthesia, Piano Legend, Pianist Pro, and Symphonix Evolution). Its portability, interactive light-up keys, and easy use with iOS apps make it a natural fit for students and beginners.
*KMI MIDI Expander required for 5-pin MIDI connection; sold separately
**Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit sold separately
- Smart Sensor Keys detect Pressure, Velocity, and Tilt
- Polyphonic Aftertouch
- 7 Octave range
- Pitch Bend Pad
- 2 CV/Gate Inputs
- Gate and 3 CV Outputs (16-bit)
- Blue and White LED Illumination with 16 levels of brightness
- Portable: 14 oz, 3.5" x 10" x .5 "
- Plug and Play: USB powered, no drivers needed
- MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Keith McMillen Instruments products.
- 1 QuNexus controller
- 1 USB cable (USB 2.0 A to Micro-B, 1 m)Dimensions:
- Width: 12.8" / 325 mm
- Depth: 3.3" / 84 mm
- Height: 0.43" / 11 mm
- Key Pads: 1.18" x 0.51" / 30 mm x 13 mm
- Weight: 0.76 lb / 345 g
- Power: QuNexus is bus-powered via the USB port when connected to a computer or tablet. When using QuNexus without a computer, power can be supplied with a USB power supply or a KMI MIDI Expander.Connections:
- USB micro jack
- 3.5 mm Pedal Input / Control Voltage (CV) 1-2 Input. This port can accept 2 CV input signals with a 3.5 mm TRRS plug.
- 3.5 mm Gate - Control Voltage (CV) 1 Output (16-bit). This port can output Gate and CV signals with a 3.5 mm TRS plug.
- 3.5 mm Control Voltage (CV) 2-3 Output (16-bit). This port can output 2 CV signals with a 3.5 mm TRS plug.
- KMI MIDI Expander jackSensors:
- 25 Key pads with velocity, pressure, and tilt sensitivity
- 2 octave switching buttons*
- 1 pitch bend pad
- 5 mode buttons
- *QuNexus defaults to a note range of 48 (C2) to 72 (C4). The octave buttons allow you to shift up another 3 octaves or shift down 2 octaves for a total range of 7 octaves (C0-C7).
- LEDs: 32 LEDs with 16 levels of brightness
Minimum System Requirements:
- For Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3GHz or greater; Mac OS 10.5 or later; 1 GB of RAM; 50 MB free hard disk space.
- For Windows: Windows XP or 7; Intel Core 2 processor or greater; 1GB of RAM; 50 MB free hard disk space.
- Product Dimensions & Weight: 3.3" x 12.8" x 0.43", 11.2 oz
- Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android compatible
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs