Pack the Real Tone of Your Favorite Amps Into a RackMany modeling amps offer the ability to fit an army of amp models in one unit, but the Kemper Profiler Rack Amplifier can actually inherit the sound of each of your amps -- all you need to start creating your own "profiles" is a microphone and guitar cable. With an already robust lineup of rig models and effects and the ability to program rigs for easy live access, the Kemper Profiler offers relief to amp-laden tone aficionados.
Highly Detailed ModelingTo build the Profiler amp, Kemper has taken much into account, developing a sophisticated modeling method that considers the interaction between tubes and circuits, and the character of individual gain stages. The result is accurate amp modeling that can even separately distinguish the characteristics of the cabinet used. Players will find similar attention to detail given to the Kemper Profiler's built-in stompbox models, many of which are based on sought-after pedals.
Find Your Sound, Then Get Ready for the Stage The Kemper's Browser mode is where you'll find the library of profiles and sounds available on the amp. Sort through options of pre-loaded rigs, or mix and match to create your own custom lineup.
If you want more sounds, the Archive function connects the amp to an online database of user-created profiles ready for you to download and play through your amp. Of course, you can also share your own custom creations through the same network.
All of these sonic possibilities wouldn't mean much if you had to fumble through hundreds of options and waste time twisting knobs on stage. The amp's Perform mode gives you control to set up your ideal sounds for any given gig and shift through them on the fly.
All Your Amps in One PlaceGot a vintage amp collection? Kemper's profiling technology gives you the ability to recreate the sound of your favorite amps by connecting any amp to the Profiler, placing a mic on the amp you wish to profile, and letting the Kemper send test signals back and forth. The microphone picks up the amp's test signals -- you don't even have to play guitar! In about a minute, you'll have a replica of the profiled amp available at any time at the turn of a knob. You can profile clean and distorted channels separately and further tweak your profiled amp to suit your tastes -- effectively modifing your amp without even touching a screwdriver.
Profiling eliminates the need for bringing multiple amps to gigs, giving you all the sounds you already own in one place. You don't have to lust over your friend's classic tube combo anymore -- just ask them to profile it, and you can take the sound anywhere. And with the Kemper Profiler Rack Amplifier Modeler a perfect fit for any standard rack, its easy to bring it on the road or put it through its paces in the studio.
Features:- Profiling ability lets you replicate any amp you can plug in and mic
- Tweak the sound of your own amps without hardware mods
- Stompbox effects including modeled versions of famous overdrive, chorus, delay and other effects
- Stack section allows you to choose amp profile, equalizer, and cabinet
- Amp controls include bass, middle, treble, presence, master volume, and neutral gain control
- Quickly search through presets in browser mode
- Program the sounds you need for any gig in perform mode
- Download user-created rigs and upload your own
- Fits into any standard rack
Get all your guitar amps accurately recreated and made available in one place with the Kemper Profiling Amplifier.
Note: Requires separate power amp and speaker for amplification.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Kemper products.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Product DescriptionThe conveniently rackmountable Kemper Profiler Rack Guitar Amplifier Modeler provides a user interface nearly identical to the lunchbox version, with all the powerful profiling capabilities that have taken the guitar world by storm. The layout is highly intuitive and already familiar to users of more traditional amps. Kemper's cutting edge technology captures the sonic DNA of virtually any guitar amp you connect to the Profiler Rack, resulting in profiles as living, vivid and dynamic as the original amps.
What is Profiling?'Profiling' is what Kemper has named their proprietary technology that captures the sound and feel of a specific tube amplifier. In other words, the Kemper Profiler Rack doesn't simply give you a list of static digital amplifier reproductions. Instead, profiling creates a vivid, living, dynamic and multi-dimensional image of your existing tube amp.
Profiling is as simple as plugging your tube amp into the Kemper Profiler Rack amp and pressing 'record'. Just insert the Kemper Profiling amplifier into the recording chain and it will do its magic. Test signals will be sent from the Kemper Profiler Rack guitar amp into your tube amp and recorded by the microphone in front of your cabinet.
You don't even have to play your guitar. After less than a minute the Kemper Profiling Amplifier acquires the sonic DNA of your tube amp and offers you the resulting custom profile. You can then use the A/B comparison mode to compare original tube amp sound with the profiled sound for a fast and convenient way to make final tweaks to the profile to get it exactly right. Now you can take that sweet vintage tube amp sound wherever you go.
Enjoy the great profiles and rigs that come with itThey were created by professional guitarists, engineers and producers in studios all over the world. Right out of the box, you will find classic tones of studio standards as well as profiles of highly sought-after amplifiers, some costing many times the price of the Kemper Profiler Rack.
The growing libraryKemper will be working tirelessly to create profiles for you to download for free from their website. All the profiles they create are extracted from real amplifiers and cabinets, each with a distinct personality of its own.
Create your own profiles from your own ampsIf you happen to have access to tube amps, feel free to make your own profiles. You will probably feel more familiar with profiles of your own gear, than with those other people have made. If you are tracking in a studio, you should profile the guitar amps that you record with. Later, you simply take these profiles with you and know that you can recreate the exact sound of the recording, both in the rehearsal studio and live on stage.
Amp ControlsThe Kemper Profiler Rack Amplifier includes the standard Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence controls that you would expect from a guitar amplifier. However, in contrast to many vintage amps, Kemper has kept the gain control neutral, so you are able to find the sweet spot of your amp, and run this optimal sound at any gain level.
Now, imagine if you could change the sonic character of a profile way beyond what's possible with the amp itself. What if you could change the sonic age of the amp, or the bite of the pick? What if you could modify the power supply of your profiled amp in order to benefit from power sagging or be larger than life? With the Kemper Profiling Amplifier guitar amp processor, you can.
Kemper allows you to dynamically adjust key aspects of your favorite amps which would otherwise be impossible or require hardware modifications. You can do anything from minor tweaks, such as making your Marshall Bluesbreaker profile sound a bit more vintage, to more radical changes such as adding some modern high gain chunk to your vintage Fender Bassman.
Control way beyond the usual:- The Amp Definition parameter determines whether the Profile leans more towards a vintage or modern character. Increase this parameter to intensify the touch response of the virtual tubes.
- The Power Sagging parameter lets the tubes breathe with your playing; damped strings will have more 'chug', and clean, picked notes will cut through better when you reduce your playing volume.
- The Pick parameter controls the attack of your pick independently of the gain setting-even through heavy distortion. This innovative parameter lets you decouple your pick sound from the natural compression of the distorting tubes and cut right through the mix.
- The Amp Compressor will sustain the clean guitar when you play soft, but lets the distorted sound through, unprocessed, when you revert back to normal playing volume.
- The Cabinet Voicing parameters give you access to the guts and the character of the cabinet. You can change the size of your virtual cabinet, tune the bass resonance or control the tonal character in a creative way.
Features:- Digitally captures the sonic fingerprint of virtually any guitar amp
- XLR and 1/4-inch connections allow for connection directly to a mixing console
- A/B comparison mode for comparing the original amp sound with the profiled sound
- Standard Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence controls
- Exchange profiles through the official Kemper Amplifier website profile exchange, emails, or other online forums and services
- Cabinet section enables you to mix and match head and cab profiles in whichever way you like
- 4 independent stomp effects slots can host effects including famous overdrives and distortions, compressor, reverb, several delays and LoFi algorithms, and a beautiful rotary speaker emulation
- Accurate models of classic effects such as a variety of chorus, phaser and flanger pedals
- External effects loop which you can patch in anywhere among the virtual stomps boxes
- Gain control ranges over 80dB and features an automatic volume compensation for clean settings
- Several ground lifts to allow you to easily deal with possible hum and grounding problems
- Does not have a built in power amp, it is to be used as a preamp