Bring boom to your bass without muddying midsTechno, Hip-Hop, Disco, Pop. . . no matter what style you spin, club music is all about the groove, and if the sound system you're playing through can't hold down the bottom, party people ain't gonna get off theirs. Not a problem with the JBL JRX225 loudspeakers. Outfitted with not one, but two 15" woofers, these thumpin' boxes churn out loads of club-filling bass without having to add a separate sub to your sound system.
Full-Range CoverageBecause it provides full-range frequency coverage in a single box, the 2x15 speaker enclosure is a big hit with DJs, and JBL executes the design better than just about anyone. Quasi 3-way operation is the secret to the JRX225's success; while some 2x15 loudspeakers emphasize the bass at the expense of everything else, the JRX225 uses a different crossover frequency for each woofer. The bottom of the two drivers handles the lowest lows, while the top driver handles both lows and middle frequencies. In this way, this JBL 2x15 is capable of much more definition and articulation; not only will folks be movin', but they'll no doubt be singing along to their favorite tracks now that they'll be able to understand the words! Topped off with a 1" polymer diaphragm compression driver to handle the high end, all tonal bases are covered. A pair of JRX225 enclosures will have no trouble filling your venue with throbbing, heavy grooves.
Crazy Power HandlingLong-time practitioners of the live sound reinforcement arts, JBL's name has come to stand for reliable and professional products; the JRX225 speakers are no exception. These bad boys handle up to an incredible 2000 watts peak and a maximum SPL of 133 decibels. Oh, you're spinning at a house near the airport? Those jets don't stand a chance of taking attention away from your pounding tracks! Speakon connectors are provided in addition to the standard 1/4" jacks for a reliable connection with superior audio fidelity. The handsome fiberboard cabinet and metal front grill keep the sensitive speakers safe from even the most rambunctious partygoers.
Don't waste your time with inferior speaker enclosures. If you want to call yourself a professional DJ, you need to show up with professional gear, and only the JBL JRX225 2x15 will do.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of JBL products.
- Power Rating: 500 W / 2000 W
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 36 Hz - 19 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 45 Hz - 16 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1m): 100 dB SPL (1w/1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 500 W to 1000 W into 4 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 133 dB
- Nominal Dispersion: 90o x 50o
- Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1092 mm x 464 mm x 426 mm (43 in x 18.3 in x 16.8 in)
- Weight: 42.6 kg (94 lb)
- High Frequency Driver : JBL 2414H-C 25mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm compression driver mounted on Progressive Transition Waveguide
- Low Frequency Driver: JBL M128 x 2
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x1); .25 in TS phone jack (x1); parallel
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 99 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-852-5776
Product DescriptionThe JBL JRX225 is a portable, dual fifteen-inch, two-way speaker system designed specifically for applications in live music performance and music playback.
Features:- Dual JBL low frequency drivers with a 64 mm (2.5 in) diameter edge wound ribbon voice coil which provides more cross sectional wire area in the voice coil gap than round wire designs, for greater efficiency and power handling.
- JBL 2414H-C 25 mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm compression driver improves high frequency performance as well as system reliability.
- The advanced network topology crossover design shapes frequency response and delivers coherent summation in the crossover region.
- A "Quasi 3-Way" design offers the extra bass for which a dual fifteen system is designed, but without sacrificing performance in the critical mid-range. The upper woofer produces mid-frequencies and bass, while the lower woofer concentrates on bass only. The reduction in mid-range phase cancellation greatly improves midrange sound quality and coverage.
- High-voltage capacitors and inductors with massive cores and heavy gauge wire enable the crossover network to handle high power without saturating.
- Progressive Transition high frequency waveguide provides superior coverage control, reduced distortion, and smoother frequency response.
- The rugged, acoustically superior enclosure is constructed from 19 mm (.75 in) MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) using advanced adhesives and mechanical fastener technology for extreme durability and improved low-frequency performance.
- SonicGuard protects the high frequency driver from excess power without interrupting the performance.
- Non-resonant, all-steel handles are used.
- Attractive 18-gauge perforated, steel grille protects components from damage.