Iris Opens Your Eyes To A New Way To Make Music
With iZotope's Iris virtual synthesizer software, sound designers and electronic music producers have been given a new way to create music. Iris uses a unique spectrogram display which allows the user to visualize a sample's frequency spectrum -- unlike a waveform, which only shows you volume over time.
Draw Your Waves to Create New Sounds in Minutes
With Iris, you can manually edit the parts of the sound you'd like to play using intuitive controls like Lasso, Brush, and Magic Wand. Just load a sample and begin to edit the spectrum. Anyone familiar with tools typically used in image editing software will have no trouble diving right in and sculpting their soundwaves in ways they had not previously imagined. Iris offers the unique user experience of drawing your patch's wave spectrum in real time -- a task that's just as much fun for musicians as it is for sound designers.
4 GB of Sounds and Tons of iZotope Effects Included
To help get you started, Iris comes loaded with over 500 patches in a 4 GB sound library with everything from synths and acoustic instruments to sound effects. Once you start editing and applying filters and effects, you'll be synthesizing completely original sounds in just minutes.
Learn more about the iZotope Iris in this video:
- Sample-based virtual synthesizer plug-in with graphical waveform editor
- Includes a 4 GB library with over 500 patches including synths, leads, basses, acoustic instruments, sound effects, and more
- Expand your library with your own samples or expansion packs
- Novel graphical spectrum analyzer allows the user to sculpt waveforms in realtime using intuitive photo editor style tools
- Tools include: Lasso, Brush, Magic Wand, and more
- Isolate specifically the parts of the sample you're interested in, or swell into or out of those frequencies
- Supports up to 10 voice polyphony (variable with processor load)
- Includes iZotope effects library including reverbs, distortions, delays, and more
- Apply filters, envelopes, etc.
- Runs as a plug-in or as a standalone application
- Compatible with both 32- and 64-bit hosts
- Plug-in formats: Pro Tools 7.4-11 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, and DirectX
- Plug-in host compatibility: Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab, GarageBand, Logic, Audition, SONAR, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, Peak, Ableton Live, and many more
zZounds is an authorized dealer of iZotope products.
System RequirementsOperating System Requirements:
- Windows: XP (32-bit), Vista (64-bit), 7 (32- and 64-bit), 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac: OS X 10.6 or later (Intel-based processors only)
- Iris runs as a plug-in or as a standalone application.
- Plug-in formats: Pro Tools 7.4+ (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST and VST 3, Audio Unit
- Plug-in host compatibility: Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, GarageBand, Logic, SONAR, ACID, REAPER, Sound Forge, Peak, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, and many more
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 617-577-7799
iZotope Iris Synthesizer SoftwareFind music in everything. Unearth a world of sounds you've never heard before with the iZotope Iris. Driven by iZotope's award-winning visual selection technology, iZotope Iris is a groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer that harnesses the power of both your eyes and your ears. Fuel your creativity with Iris's spin on sound design: a "visual instrument" that's perfect for musical inspiration and sonic experimentation.
What is Iris?Iris is an innovative sampling re-synthesizer that frees you to create sounds that could never before be produced. Start by dissecting up to three distinctive audio samples, using Iris's spectrogram display and easy selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics. Blend and layer your modified samples, then beef up their impact with a choice of suboscillator waveforms.
Still hungry for more? Add attitude and dimension to your creation by applying iZotope's world-class effects and processors, including chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, and filters.
For the synth enthusiasts out there, never fear! Favorite synth features like amplitude envelopes, LFOs, root note detection and key mapping are all there for advanced musical control, as well as the RadiusRT for real-time pitch-shifting while preserving your sample's timing.
Sound adviceIris is ideal for anyone seeking a completely fresh take on sampling and synthesis, particularly sound designers and composers working on music and sound for fim, television and video games. With over 500 intensely creative patches available for immediate use, Iris is also perfect for any musician dreaming of diverse and compelling sounds.
If your old sample libraries are looking dusty and tired, revive and rejuvenate the material by bringing it into Iris. Breathe life into every audio file in your collection -- blend the scream of raccoon with a howling wind and your favorite vintage synth pad for a sublime texture. Take the sounds of a swarming bee hive, a rattling conveyor belt, and a sampled cello to create musical ambiences. With Iris, you can find music in everything!
Natural selectionEvolve your sounds rapidly with Iris's diverse and intuitive visual selection tools. By drawing shapes in the Iris spectrogram, you can isolate specific audio frequencies within a sample and play them back immediately on your MIDI keyboard.
Tools include:- Lasso: for free-hand drawing of any size or shape
- Brush: for more Fluid selections, with a convenient adjustable brush size
- Magic Wand: for selecting whole regions with a similar spectral profile, including upper harmonics
- Many more: with options for selecting by time as well as frequency
Iris makes it fun to experiment and manipulate your selections even further, with additional controls for zooming, rearranging, inverting, looping, reversing, and pitch-shifting.
Shape shiftingAs you make your spectral selections, energize and customize each sample you've layered (including the Sub waveform) with a dedicated set of synthesizer controls.
Features:- Discover what's inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
- Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
- Combine the unthinkable: Layer completely diverse sound sources into totally unique combinations... what do a tattoo needle and a swamp bird and a slot machine sound like together?
- Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, soundscapes... even mistakes!
- Enhance and invigorate your sound: Apply world-class iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays, then take advantage of extended synth features like amp envelopes and LFOs.
- Get amazing sounds immediately: Spark your imagination with over 500 patches by world-class sound designers, or design your own with Iris's 4 GB library of diverse sound samples.