iZotope Alloy 2 software is an all-in-one Swiss Army knife for pro-grade signal processing, and will quickly become your go-to channel strip for projects big and small. With six powerful tools in one processor-efficient package, Alloy 2 delivers massive functionality without breaking the bank. Whether you're a studio engineer, voiceover artist, or bedroom producer, Alloy 2's intuitive layout and musical presets allow you to get right to making music or polishing finished audio -- quickly integrating with and improving upon your existing digital workflow.
A Virtual Rack At Your Fingertips
With 6 powerful modules, Alloy 2 puts a powerful production suite in a single plug-in. Featuring an 8-Band EQ, multi-band Transient Shaper, aural Exciter, two stages of Compression, a De-Essing utility and dynamic Limiter, iZotope gives you exactly what you need as an instrument, vocal, buss or master output channel strip.
Alloy 2's Equalizer provides exceptional control via 8 fully parametric bands of EQ, each assignable to High and Low Shelf, Peak, and adjustable bandwidth Low-pass/High-pass filter modes. A detailed spectrum overlay provides valuable visual feedback of your waveform, allowing quick identification of dips and spikes. Quickly troubleshoot trouble frequencies by Alt-clicking to solo a narrow frequency band and tweak away in isolation.
Soft Saturation with Alloy 2's Exciter
Add gentle saturation to your tracks with the Exciter module, which employs an XY pad to blend between the harmonic profiles of Tube, Tape, and Transistor models. Engage Multiband mode to apply different amounts and types of saturation to individual frequency bands. Narrow or widen independent frequency bands using the integrated Width control for the deliberate placement of a track in the stereo field.
Squeeze or Smash with Alloy 2's Dynamic Processing
Employing two stages of compression, Alloy 2 is equipped for gentle vocal smoothing or a heavy-handed drum bus smash. Compress in parallel with two stages of processing, or engage the powerful Sidechain function to tie your dynamics to other elements in the mix. Multiband functionality allows for quick dynamic access to isolated portions of frequency spectrum, and detailed metering provides visual feedback for each band's gain reduction. Vintage emulation mode, Soft/Hard Knee settings and Peak/RMS level detection make for an incredibly powerful compression suite.
Remove Harsh Sibilance with the De-Esser Utility
Harshness in the high frequency spectrum can ruin an otherwise perfect track. Tame obnoxious vocal tracks or salvage a live recording swimming in cymbals by targeting problem frequencies in Multiband mode, or compress the full signal based on the sibilant band in Broadband mode.
Make Your Track Smack with the Limiter Module
Keep a lid on your levels with brickwall limiting, or maximize your outputs with zero-latency operation to increase volume without jeopardizing the phase alignment of your mix. The option to unlink the stereo operation allows for independent adjustment of the left and right channels of a stereo signal.
Includes Over 250 Application-Specific Factory Presets
With over 250 presets out of the box, Alloy 2 lets you dial in a sound almost instantaneously, and gives you a great starting point for further tweaking. Combining the most useful meters and faders into a single layout, Alloy 2's preset overview window gives you immediate access to the parameters employed in that preset, stripping down an incredibly powerful plug-in to its most simple components.
- Channel strip plug-in software with 6 processing tools: Dynamics, Transient Shaping, Equalization, De-Essing, Exciter and Limiter modules
- AAX 64, RTAS, AudioSuite, VST, VST3, or AU plug-in
- Precision metering and graphic overlays for visual feedback
- Zero-latency operation for tracking or mixing
- Exceptional sound quality, pairing vintage circuit emulation with precise digital control
- Over 250 powerful factory presets for application-specific functionality
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
iZotope's Alloy 2 gives you futuristic tools, fast results and most importantly, fantastic sound. Bring character and life to every element of your mix with Alloy 2.
Far more than just a traditional channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing. The basics have been re-imagined with forward-thinking features and time-saving flexibility. Innovative sound sculpting tools are ripe with potential for delivering your distinctive sound. And best of all, Alloy 2 allows you to focus on mixing without distraction, neatly packaging the mixing essentials in a self-contained and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Whether you're taming unwanted frequencies or emphasizing your favorites, Alloy's powerful 8-band EQ combines exceptional sonic quality with precise control. Choose from a broad range of classic and surgical filter types to sculpt your sound, then refine your settings easily within a spacious and intuitive interface. And for extra guidance, Alloy's large spectrum overlay provides the best visual feedback of any EQ available.
- Recreate a classic sound reminiscent of the renowned Pultec EQ with Vintage Low and High Shelf filters.
- Easily boost or cut bass and treble with freely adjustable Baxandall filters.
- Aggressively eliminate unwanted frequencies with resonance-free Brickwall and Flat Pass filters.
- Explore additional filter options like asymmetrical Vintage Bell, Resonant Shelf, Sharp and Resonant Pass filters, and more.
- Save time with workflow boosts, like zooming by time and/or frequency in the EQ graph.
Accentuate the attack of a mix element or blend it back into the mix with Alloy's simple yet mighty Transient Shaper. Perfect for upping the smash factor on drums and other percussive sounds, the Transient Shaper can also fine-tune the character of hammered or plucked instruments. For unmatched flexibility on more complex material, like drum loops and buses, enable Multiband mode: you can then independently shape mix elements that coexist within a broader frequency range.
- Make a kick drum less boomy, or add more snap to a snare.
- With Alloy on a drum bus in Multiband mode, easily shape the kick drum, snare and cymbals independently.
- Subtly tweak or correct a variety of other instruments, like the pick sound of a guitar or the attack/release characteristics of a piano.
- Experiment with extreme attack and sustain settings for unique creative effects.
- Benefit from insightful visual cues to learn how your sound can be shaped, including the Transient Detection Indicator and a Gain Trace view.
Bring brilliance, warmth, and crunch to your mix with Alloy's fully-redesigned harmonic Exciter. Equally primed to go bold or go subtle, the revamped Exciter can add harmonic flavor to a wide variety of material, including vocals, strings, guitars, drums and more. Emulate the subtle warmth of tube preamps, the aggressive grit of tape, the screech of a distortion, and anywhere in between.
- Adjust an intuitive X/Y control to blend between different harmonic profiles, such as Tube, Tape, Retro and Warm saturation.
- Switch to Multiband mode to apply color to different frequency ranges independently, including different saturation types on each band (e.g. Tube on low, Tape on high).
- Sculpt specific frequencies coming out of the module, like any high-end harshness, with the Post Filter.
- Narrow or widen different frequency bands with an integrated stereo Width control.
- See how frequencies are being affected by the Exciter with a distinctive Saturation meter.
Whether you're smoothing out vocals and bass or slamming your drum bus hard, the Dynamics module helps balance your mix, combining the best characteristics of analog and digital compressors. To make things twice as nice, Alloy includes two independent Dynamics modules, available for creative use anywhere in your signal chain. With advanced sidechaining, multiband processing, and parallel configuration options, the Dynamics module is sure to be among the most versatile mixing tools in your arsenal.
- Enable Vintage mode for smoother, more forgiving compression, or Digital mode for a cleaner, more surgical style.
- Run both Dynamics modules in parallel to boost impact while retaining dynamic subtleties.
- Trigger Dynamics processing from other elements of your mix with advanced sidechaining capabilities, or crosschain between different frequency bands.
- Use the Detection filter to determine exactly which frequencies trigger Dynamics processing.
- When in Multiband mode, easily set every Dynamics control for each frequency band in one convenient All Bands view.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-gain compensation.
Squash those pesky "S" sounds and other harsh hissing common to vocals and instruments. Alloy's De-Esser lets you zero in on sibilant frequencies with a simple-to-use spectrum analyzer. It's perfect for transparently reining in vocals, cymbals and other high frequency problem spots.
- Set target frequencies quickly with an easy-to-use spectrum analyzer and Solo control.
- Use it in Multiband mode to hone in and cut back on sibilant frequencies exclusively.
- Use it in Broadband mode as a unique alternative to standard dynamics processing, reducing gain on the entire audio signal when certain frequencies are detected.
- Adjust the extent of attenuation with Attack and Release controls.
- Experiment with the De-Esser on cymbals, distorted guitars, percussive elements, or problematic audio at any frequency.
Make your mix sound as full as possible with Alloy's Limiter module. Operating as a zero latency loudness maximizer, the Limiter increases loudness on your tracks and buses while controlling peak levels, ensuring that your audio doesn't clip or distort when tracking or mixing. If you prefer, use it instead to keep a lid on your levels with as simple and efficient brickwall limiter.
- Perform more forgiving, smooth limiting in the Limiter's Soft mode.
- Keep peaks under zero at all times in the more aggressive Hard mode.
- For material with a wide stereo image, limit the left and right channels independently with the stereo unlinking option.
- Ensure your tracks and buses stay in sync with the other tracks in your mix, even in hosts without effective latency compensation, in Zero Latency mode.
- Get more overall loudness by optimizing the symmetry of vocal and instrument waveforms.
Alloy 2 comes with over 250 presets, all designed to suit a broad range of mixing tasks and each one equally valuable as both a starting point or an endpoint. Inspire your mixes by experimenting with many, customize your favorites to define your go-to sound, or create your very own by working from scratch. Alloy 2 also introduces a Module Preset system, allowing you to selectively mix and match settings across all of Alloy's modules.
- Jump quickly into mixing individual instruments, vocals, ensembles, and buses.
- Speedily address an array of utility tasks, including ones specific to broadcasting and podcasting, post production and more.
- Load and save settings specific to individual modules with Module Presets, including 60 Module Presets that highlight the best uses for each mixing tool.
- Click less and achieve more with Alloy 2's overhauled interface, completely redesigned and expanded to make more controls more accessible.
- Easily monitor and tweak the most relevant controls for all active modules in Alloy 2's Overview Panel.
- Sidechaining support lets you control the Dynamics module from other tracks in your mix. Affect the whole signal or zero in on just the frequency range you want with advanced multiband sidechaining.
- Crosschaining allows you to trigger the Dynamics module with another frequency band of the same input source for never-heard-before compression and gating effects.
- Completely customize your signal routing with two Dynamics stages, sidechain mapping and more.
- Gain insight for setting controls with visual feedback and metering in every module, including Gain Trace meters in the Transient Shaper, De-Esser, Limiter, and Dynamics modules.
- Make your life simpler with powerful workflow tools -- the History list lets you go back in time, and the integrated preset editor lets you browse, manage and customize presets easily.
- Prevents sync problems in hosts like Pro Tools SE with Zero Latency mode.
- Avoid authorization hassles: choose between easy online authorization, offline challenge-response, or iLok.
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing vintage emulation with digital precision.
- Hear results immediately with zero latency performance, whether you're tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix session.
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter displays to guide the way.
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets and a tweaker's paradise of advanced controls.