One of the most critical factors influencing the quality of a music production is the accuracy of the monitoring system. In fact, the combination of speakers and room acoustics prove to be the weakest link in the music production chain. When monitors are placed in a room, the surrounding walls, ceiling, furniture and other objects reflect and absorb their sounds; creating complex distortions specific to the room- causing them to lose the accuracy they have been designed for, and you end up hearing more of the sound of the room than the music actually being produced.
IK Multimedia has teamed up with the leading provider of sound equalization solutions, Audyssey, for the production of an innovative, low-cost and mobile solution to correct the distortion problems caused by room acoustics: ARC system.
ARC System delivers the most advanced solution to acoustical problems for any DAW-based studio. Combining a professionally calibrated microphone, standalone software that captures sound information and calculates proper room correction, and a multi-platform plug-in: this technology will improve how your studio sounds forever.
ARC features the revolutionary Audyssey MultEQ technology, which measures acoustical information throughout the listening area in your studio. It then combines this information to provide an accurate representation of the room's acoustical problems. The equalization solution then corrects for both time and frequency response problems more effectively and efficiently than any other room correction EQ on the market. The result is a clear and reliable representation of your mix. Regardless of the acoustical issues in your studio, what you are recording, mixing or mastering becomes immediately clear and reliable and your studio sound will improve forever.
Improve Your Sound
ARC System represents one of the most advanced solutions to acoustical problems for any DAW-based studio, dramatically improving the acoustics of home and project studios as well as correcting even the highest acoustically treated high-end studios. The ARC System featuring Audyssey MultEQ technology produces results like you've never heard before, improving the accuracy of your monitoring system. When you experience ARC's Advanced Room Correction System, the perspective of what you are recording, mixing or mastering becomes immediately clear and reliable and you'll work on mixes faster because you're sure of what you're hearing. You will finally be able to trust the sound of your studio.
- Easy to use, step-by-step, room measurement software for Mac/PC
- VST, RTAS, AU correction plug-in for Mac/PC most popular DAWs (such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Live, etc.)
- Professional measurement microphone
- Automatic multi-point room measurement system, wizard based, based on Audyssey MultEQ technology
- Measurement precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB
- Requires 48 kHz operation (only for measurements)
- Saves Measurements sets to be opened on the ARC System Correction Plug-In
Correction Plug-In Features
- Multi platform high quality Frequency AND Time correction processor based on Audyssey MultEQ technology
- Correction precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB
- Correction processor resolution: 32 bits floating point
- Correction processor supported sampling rates: 32 kHz to 96 kHz
- Four target curves
- Graphic Frequency response display
- Type: 1/4 in. precision measurement condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional, free field
- Capsule frequency response: 20-16,000 Hz frequency response when used with ARC: 16-20,000 Hz, +/- 1.5 dB
- Output: transformerless, electronically balanced, 200 ohms output impedance
- Sensitivity: 50 mV/Pa
- Noise Equivalent Level: 22 dB
- Max SPL: 130 dB for 3% THD
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
IK Multimedia products.
System RequirementsPower PC based Macintosh
Minimal: dual 1 GHz G4 processor, 1GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Suggested: dual 2 GHz G5 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.Intel-based Macintosh
Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
Suggested: 2.3 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 2 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.Windows
Minimal: Pentium 4 / Athlon XP processor, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Suggested: 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 2 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS. Crossgrade
If you are a registered owner of at least ONE IK product (Free versions excluded), you are now eligible to crossgrade to ANY other IK product at the discounted crossgrade price and save big! Both retail and special bundled versions of IK products, such as SampleTank 2 SE, AmpliTube LE and T-RackS EQ, qualify you for the extra savings you receive from the crossgrade prices on full versions of IK products.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs