The Ibanez SR1400E Premium electric bass is a killer axe to play, and offers exceptional tonal versatility along with a truly stunning design. The maple-topped mahogany body is comes loaded with a pair of Nordstrand Big Single pickups, to deliver some of the mightiest electric bass sounds you've ever heard.
The Ibanez SR1400E SR Premium Bass is made from solid mahogany, carved into the custom SR body shape. The dazzling figured maple top is uniquely fit to the body, so that the natural grain of the mahogany underneath serves as a handsome accent. The 5-piece Wenge/Bubinga neck comes in the SR4 shape and is set with a rosewood fingerboard and 24 cleanly accessible frets. It is reinforced with KTS Titanium Reinforcement rods. The scale length measures 34 inches, and the fingerboard has a 12-inch radius.
Nordstrand Big Singles: Some of the Fattest Bass Pickups Ever
The Nordstrand Big Single pickups on this baby have been described by some as a "J Bass pickup on steroids." It's a fair assessment! The tone is rich and focused, and has a huge output that can really deliver for players needing the heaviest, punchiest bass sounds.
The engineers at Nordstrand achieved the power of this pickup by rotating the pole of each magnet 45 degrees, thereby increasing the size of the traditional J-style coil by 50%. The resulting sound is decidedly "wider" or "fatter," as the magnets can now capture more harmonic content from the string. Just underneath the bridge pickup you'll find the EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ, which includes a mid-frequency switch and an EQ bypass switch. THe tonal possibilities are endless.
Ibanez Mono-Rail: One of the Best Bass Bridges
The hardware on the Ibanez SR1400E Premium is really exceptional in every regard. The Mono-Rail Bridge arguably provides the best possible string isolation you're likely to find on an electric bass. Each of its saddles are independently and securely locked down to the body to achieve maximum vibration transfer. There is one screw on each saddle for controlling the height. Gotoh tuning machines up top keep your intonation reliably tight.
- SR Body Type
- Mahogany Body
- Figured Maple Top
- 2 x Nordstrand Big Single Single-coil Pickups
- 34-inch Scale Length
- 24 Frets
- Rosewood Fingerboard Material with 12-inch Radius
- Abalone Oval Fingerboard Inlay
- 5-piece Wenge/Bubinga Neck Material
- SR4 Neck Shape
- Mono-Rail IV Bridge
- Gotoh Tuners
- Volume, Bass, Mid, Balance, Treble, EQ Switch, Mid Shift Switch
- Mono-Rail IV bridge
- Gig Bag included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Neck Type: Atlas-5 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck w/KTS TITANIUM rods
- Body: Ovangkol top/Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- Fret: Medium frets w/Premium fret edge treatment
- Number of Frets: 24
- Bridge: Mono-rail IV bridge
- Neck pu: Nordstrand "Big Single" 5 neck pu (Passive)
- Bridge pu: Nordstrand "Big Single" 5 bridge pu (Passive)
- Equalizer: EQB-IIISC 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch & Mid frequency switch
- Nut: BLACK TUSQ XL nut
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Gig bag included
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Vintage Natural Flat
- Shipping Weight: 14 lbs
Ibanez Non-New Product Warranty Information
Ibanez Electric Guitars and Basses have a 1-year warranty on NEW instruments only for the ORIGINAL purchaser with a Sales Receipt. All used or factory 2nds products are not warranted.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 800-669-8262
The Ibanez SR1400E SR Premium Bass is designed with high-end features while maintaining affordability. The Ibanez Premium factory provides the same award winning quality shown in the Prestige line. SR Premium is the standard for the serious professional musician.
- Made by Ibanez Premium factory for great attention to detail
- USA Nordstrand Big Single pickups provide huge, full, loud, and aggressive single-coil tone
- Smoothly contoured Figured Maple top on Mahogany body
- EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ, with Mid frequency switch and eq bypass switch, gives you a world of possibilities in tone
- Mono-Rail IV bridge with locking saddles allows each string to vibrate fully with no interference from the other strings
- Includes special gig bag
The Mono-Rail Bridge is the ultimate in string isolation for bass. Each saddle is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer and no interference. One screw controls the height of each saddle for easy adjustment.
Nordstrand pickups provide the clear sound characteristic of single coil pickups, while the large body gives players a powerful and aggressive tone for a wide range of bass tones, great for any style of music.
The 5 piece Wenge/Bubinga neck is also bolstered with KTS Titanium Reinforcement rods inside for added strength.