Been waiting to get your hands on an acoustic-electric bass? The Ibanez AEB10E is a great deal on a bass that does it all. Plugged or unplugged, the AEB10E offers outstanding tone and smooth playability with a mahogany body and a Fishman Sonicore electronic system. For bassists representing a wide range of styles, the AEB10E is a stellar way to bring the sound of an acoustic bass to your next performance, recording, or jam session.
The AEB10E starts with the tried-and-true combination of mahogany back and sides with a spruce top. Mahogany provides a robust tone through the mids and bass, while the spruce top adds a defined snap to the top end. As a bassist, much of your tonal character lives in the low mids, and the AEB10E does a great job highlighting this exact range. Finger or flatpick juicy bass lines and progressions along the comfortable mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. With a thin profile and easy action, the AEB10E just begs you to keep playing.
To capture every natural nuance and texture of the AEB10E, Ibanez has outfitted this bass with a Fishman Sonicore electronic system with an Ibanez AEQ-SST preamp. Use the onboard 1/4-inch or XLR output to easily interface this bass with any bass amp, PA system, or recording rig. A three-band EQ, phase switch, and feedback-reducing shape control allows you to craft the perfect expression of your playing at any gig or session. Also included is a tuner which doubles as a mute switch.
- Affordable and versatile acoustic-electric bass
- Mahogany body with spruce top
- Cutaway for upper fret access
- Comfortable mahogany body with rosewood fingerboard
- Fishman Sonicore pickup system
- Ibanez AEQ-SST preamp with onboard tuner, three-band EQ, phase switch, and shape control
- 1/4-inch and XLR outputs for easy connection to any PA system or amp
For players looking for an outstanding deal on a reliable, comfortable, and great-sounding acoustic-electric bass, the Ibanez AEB10E is a hard option to overlook. Combining traditional tonewoods with an innovative electronic system, the AEB10E is ready to conquer any musical genre.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Body shape: AEB body
- Bracing: X Bracing
- Top: Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Body binding: Ivory
- Back strip inlay: Multi
- Soundhole rosette: Abalone Multi
- Tuning machine: Chrome die-cast tuner
- Number of frets: 22
- Saddle material: Plastic saddle
- Bridge pins: Black with white dot
- Strings: Coated bronze strings
- Pickup: FishmanÂ® Sonicore
- Preamp: Ibanez SST
- Output jack: Balanced XLR & 1/4" outputs
- Battery 9V: Battery
- Finish top: Gloss
- Finish back and sides: Gloss
- Finish neck back: Gloss
- Scale: 812.8mm
- a: Width at Nut 43mm
- b: Width at 14th Fret 58mm
- c: Thickness at 1st 23.5mm
- d: Thickness at 7th 25.5mm
- Radius: 400mm
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs
- Dark Violin Sunburst
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs
The Ibanez AEB10E delivers real, punchy low end, amplified or not. As an unplugged acoustic bass, the mahogany body/spruce top AEB10E has the quality wood and construction to create a warm-sounding bottom that can be felt as well as heard. When amplified, the AEB10E utilizes Fishman(R) Sonicore Pickups and Ibanez AEQ-SST Shape Shifter Preamps to pump the tones up and offer the thump you need at whatever volume.
The addition of an Ibanez AEB10E in any musical situation adds a layer of warm, low-end resonance that makes songs come alive and arrangements sound more fleshed-out. The Ibanez AEB10E, available in Black high-gloss, Natural high-gloss, and Dark Violin Sunburst finishes, delivers full-sounding, round low-end, acoustic or plugged-in.