When you plug into Hughes and Kettner's TubeMeister 36 combo amp, you'll experience expertly crafted boutique distortion without fear of annoying your crabby neighbors. That's because the amp's power soak function lets you get the most of its tubes at incredibly low wattages, all with the ease of MIDI functionality.
Gain For Miles on 3 Channels: Clean, Crunch or Lead
Don't be fooled by the TubeMeister's small stature -- it roars just like a full-fledged high-watt tube amp. Starting on the crunch channel, you'll hear the range from smooth breakup to creamy lead sounds as you turn the gain knob. Switching over to the lead channel brings the modern, high-gain sounds you hear in your most metal dreams.
Of course, the TubeMeister is no slouch on clean tones. Its clean channel offers a warm voicing and the oversized transformers bring plenty of headroom, while still allowing for breakup at higher volumes. Two sets of three-band EQ let you sculpt the ideal balance of sound whether you're keeping it clean or going for a raunchy tone.
New Dimensions of Power: 1, 5, 18 or 36 Watts On Tap
Hughes and Kettner have opened new sonic doors with the TubeMeister's power soak function. This MIDI-controllable feature lets you select different power stages between channels for incredible tonal versatility. For example, you could set the clean channel to run at the full 36 watts while the lead channel is set to 5 watts to get the most from the tubes. When you switch channels, you'll get the exact tone you want without causing permanent ear damage to you or your audience!
Versatile Features: Speaker-Emulation DI Out, Tube Safety Control and More
The TubeMeister's RED BOX speaker-emulation output is made for the stage and studio alike by allowing players to hook up to a studio mixer or PA with the authentic sound of a 4X12 cabinet driving the sound. Those new to tube amps will appreciate the Tube Safety Control. This feature takes the guesswork out of swapping tubes by automatically monitoring and readjusting tube bias.
- 36 watt all-tube combo amp
- 3x 12AX7, 4x EL84 tubes
- Clean, crunch, and gain channels
- 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker
- Two sets of three-band EQ
- MIDI-controllable power soak function allows for different power levels between channels
- Power levels selectable between one and 36 watts
- Switchable serial effects loop
- RED BOX output emulates 4X12 speaker cabinet sound
- Tube Safety feature automatically adjusts tube bias
- MIDI-LEARN for programmable channels and power soak settings
Power up, or power down, with the TubeMeister 36.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Hughes & Kettner products.
Independent gain and master knobs and a switchable FX Loop are standard appointments on modern triplechannel amps. But that's not nearly enough for a real TubeMeister 36 combo amp. So Mr. Hughes and Mr. Kettner built in a MIDI system to access the channels, FX loop and onboard reverb. It can even select the power stages of the integrated power soak (36, 18, and 5 watts, 1 watt and Speaker Off)!
This revolutionary MIDI power soak can do some wild voicing tricks. For instance, you can tap its full dynamic range by running the Clean channel at 36 watts and switch over to the Crunch channel in 5-watt mode with the Master knob wide open to get good and grungy with some grinding rhythm. Or you could run the Lead channel at 18 watts for some high-gain riffage and switch over in a flash to the full 36 watts for a screaming solo.
A touch of a button is all it takes to conjure up to 128 such combinations. Imagine what this can do for your stage performance. And the 1-watt option brings the sound of the big stage into your own four walls, sans tonal compromises. Now you can keep that Master knob dimed even at home.
The built-in RED BOX feeds preamp and true power amp tone straight to a stage or studio mixing console. It authentically emulates the sound of a 4 x 12" cab and delivers a balanced line signal to the Speaker Out for use in rehearsal rooms, on stage, and even to pipe that sweet tube-driven sound straight into the PA. In combination with the power soak's silent recording option (Speaker Off), the RED BOX lets you lay down professional-quality tracks any time day or night. You can even feed the signal to in-ear monitors on stage without having to fuss with a cab or mic.
But that's still not all; there's also the wonderful TSC (Tube Safety Control). It is an automated system that constantly monitors and readjusts the bias to ensure power tubes operate reliably and deliver to-die-for tone, always. With the TSC, swapping tubes couldn't be any easier. And that makes the TubeMeister 36, already one of the world's most versatile tube amps, also one of the most dependable.
The TubeMeister 36 Combo features a 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker in a dovetailed birch ply bass reflex housing that delivers a far bigger, bolder sound than you would expect from this format of combo.
- Harmonically rich tube distortion that goes from edgy overdrive to creamy lead sounds
- Warm tube tone with phenomenal dynamic range that sweeps from sparkling clean to throaty crunch
- Modern high-gain sound that pairs plenty of punch with endless sustain
- 2x Passive 3-band voicing section tweaked to evoke the best frequency response out of each channel
- Preamp section sporting three 12AX7 tubes
- Push-pull power amp that pumps out stage-approved 36 watts
- Oversized transformers with tons of headroom
- TSC-protected power amp featuring auto-bias and status LED
- Footswitch connection enabling remote channel switching, FX-loop and reverb
- Serial FX loop for adding eff ects-fl avored spice to the sonic stew
- 5-stage, MIDI programmable power soak with silent recording capability
- Balanced RED BOX OUT with authentic speaker emulation
- Integrated, adjustable reverb
- Integrated MIDI-Interface including phantom power
- MIDI-LEARN for easy programming of channels, FX-loop, reverb and power soak