A Classy Gretsch Acoustic Guitar in Parlor Style
The Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Parlor Flat Top acoustic guitar is a classy throwback to the '30s, '40s, and '50s -- an era when smaller-sized parlor guitars, like the Gretsch Rex, made their rounds as commonplace companions for musicians. This modestly priced acoustic treat features an agathis top, back, and sides with attractive white binding, a comfortable nato neck stretching 18 frets long, a comfortable and smooth rosewood fingerboard, a secure rosewood bridge, and elongated bouts for a bigger sound and overall projection for such a small-bodied instrument. Whether you're searching for an interesting throwback sound, or just looking for a strum-able companion on your porch, this acoustic guitar is ready to bring the twang.
Hear the Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Parlor Flat Top in action:
Gretsch's Roots in American Music
The G9500 Jim Dandy Parlor Flat Top is part of Gretsch's Roots collection. Gretsch began in 1883 as a banjo company, and before long they branched out to building ukuleles, mandolins, and flat top guitars. Your G9500 Jim Dandy Parlor Flat Top is a reminder of Gretsch's deep roots in America's musical history, and what better way is there to celebrate than taking this throwback-axe on a stroll down American memory lane.
Warm and Articulate Agathis Body
The top, back, and sides of your G9500 Parlor Flat Top are comprised of agathis. This wood is somewhat similar to mahogany, which offers a slight push on the lows and mids, but agathis yields slightly less depth than mahogany. This guitar will have a somewhat brighter sound as a result. Elongated bouts and its 12 fret design offer a nice projection and clear articulation. You'll definitely get an interesting classic sound if you bring a microphone up close while playing.
Comfy Nato Neck
The 24" scaled neck is cut into a easy-to-hold C shape, and a smooth rosewood fingerboard features 18 frets -- 12 frets past the body -- that each harness a comfortable action for your fingers to enjoy. White dotted fingerboard inlays mark your fret positions, which match nicely with this guitar's attractive white body binding.
- 12-fret acoustic guitar from Gretsch's Roots collection
- Old-fashioned look of the '30s, '40s, and '50s
- Parlor body shape -- no cutaway
- X body bracing
- Body length: 18"
- Body width: 13"
- Body depth: 3.875"
- Attractive white binding
- Agathis top
- Agathis back and sides
- Nato neck
- C neck shape
- Rosewood fingerboard
- White dotted fingerboard inlays
- 18 frets -- 12 frets past body
- Scale length of 24"
- Open gear tuning machines
- Secure rosewood bridge
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Body Material: Agathis
- Body Shape: Non-Cutaway
- Body Back: Agathis
- Body Sides: Agathis
- Body Top: Agathis
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Bracing: X Bracing
- Rosette: Screened White
- Purfling: Screened White
- Sound Hole: 3 7/16 in. Diameter
- Body Length: 18 in. (457 mm)
- Body Width Upper Bout: 9.5 in. (241 mm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 13 in. (330 mm)
- Body Binding: Screened White
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 18 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Fingerboard Radius: 12 in. (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Nato
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Nut Width: 1.6875 in. (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 24 in. (610 mm)
- Headstock: 1950's Gretsch 3x3
- Truss Rods: Double-Action Body Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood Top-Load with Compensated PPS Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Open-Back Geared
- String Nut: PPS
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Strings: D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Compensated saddle; 24 in. Scale Length.
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White with "G" Graphic
- Included Accessories: Truss-Rod Hex Wrench
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Parlor Flat TopGet cracker-jack quality at a sober price with the Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Parlor Flat Top acoustic guitar! Faithful to the Gretsch "Rex" parlor guitars of the 1930s, '40s and '50s, the G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top parlor-style model embodies everything that was great about everyone's first guitar. Everything and then some, that is, because the G9500 is crafted with select guitar woods and is fully lined and braced for warm and pleasing tone, with a 24-inch scale for endless hours of playing comfort.