Gretsch may be known as crafters of guitars for fine country gentlemen -- but in the G100CE Synchromatic Archtop Cutaway, they've made a guitar that will fit right in at the hippest big-city jazz joints. This acoustic-electric fiend has plenty of natural resonance, and an aesthetic that hearkens back to Grestch's Synchromatic line from the 1940s.
Hollow Top, Full Sound
You'll be able to hear the GC100CE's unique tonality right out of the box, as its hollow body gives it an acoustic resonance without any amplification. With this retro-style jazz-box's spruce top on maple back and sides, you can expect well-defined mids to complement single-note runs and rich-sounding chords.
The 3-piece maple neck is set in through the body, which helps add sustain. It is topped off by a rosewood fretboard with 20 extra-broad frets, giving your fingers plenty of room to add vibrato to notes.
Plug In for Club-Ready Tone
When you're ready to turn things up a bit, the GC100CE features a Grestch single-coil floating pickup to get you heard during your jam sessions. Whether you want a brighter attack for bluegrass or a mellowed-out jazz sound, you can adjust the output with the master volume and tone knobs -- made easy to reach, as they are mounted on the pickguard.
There's no mistaking the stylistic leanings of the G100CE. Its headstock shape and vintage Gretsch logo serve as the first nod to the line's history. The elegantly jagged rosewood Synchromatic bridge gives the guitar its name, by allowing players to adjust the height to suit their ideal tone and playing style. The Chromatic tailpiece not only adds an Art Deco flair, but can accommodate different string gauges to suit different players.
-Hollow, acoustic-electric archtop design
- Spruce top
- Maple back and sides
- Parallel tone-bars bracing
- Three-piece maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard
- Gretsch single-coil floating pickup
- Master volume and tone knobs mounted to faux tortoiseshell pickguard
- Rosewood height-adjustable Synchromatic bridge
- Chromatic tailpiece
- Synchromatic headstock design is a nod to 1940s-era Grestch models
- F-sound holes
- Mutiple body bindings and bound fretboard
Take a swing back in time, and revisit a classic line of archtops with the Gretsch GC100CE Synchromatic Archtop.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Model Name: G100CE, G100CEBK, Synchromatic Acoustic/Electric Archtop
- Model Number: 251-5831-(Color#)
- Series: Synchromatic Collection: Archtop Models
- Category: Acoustic Guitars
- Body Style: Acoustic Archtop
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Bracing: Parallel Tone-Bars
- Back and Sides: Laminated Maple Body, 16" Wide, 2.75" Deep
- Neck: 3-Piece Maple
- Pickups: Gretsch Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Volume, Tone (Mounted in Pickguard)
- Width at Nut: 1-11/16" (43mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood Height-Adjustable Synchromatic Bridge
- Tailpiece: Chromatic Tail-piece
- Hardware: Chrome
- Finish: Matte Urethane
- Case: Optional G2163 Gig Bag, US MSRP $100.00, P/N 0996459000, (Not Included)
- Number of Frets: 20 Extra Broad Frets
- Machine Heads: Chrome-Plated Die-cast TunersUnique Features
- Vintage Wide Pearloid Block Inlay Position Markers
- 1940s Synchromatic Headstock Shape
- Black Headstock Overlay
- Pearloid Vintage Gretsch Logo Headstock Inlay
- Bound Fingerboard
- Multiple Body Bindings
- "f" Sound-Holes
- Streamlined Faux Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Volume and Tone Controls Mounted in Pickguard
- Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Reminiscent of the early Synchromatics of the 1940s, the G100CE hollow body archtop features a spruce top, maple back & sides, Gretsch floating pickup, separate volume and tone controls, Gretsch Chromatic tailpiece, Gretsch Synchronized bridge, pearloid block inlays, and vintage headstock logo.