A hollowbody hotrod fitted with all the tools for rocking and swinging sounds, the Gretsch G5420T comes ready to roll. Plug in and hear how its pair of "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups deliver that bright twang you thought was only found south of the Mason-Dixon.
Hollow Construction Rings TrueBuilt from 5-ply maple in a hollow body style, you'll hear the natural resonance of the G5420T before it ever touches a cable plug. The hollow design is lightweight and features a carved back, giving relief to guitarists who log lengthy gigs. The maple neck is cut a bit on the thicker side for players who like a chunkier feel.
Pickups Add Punch to ToneThe G5420T's "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups are a throwback to the pickups featured on Baldwin-era Gretsch guitars in the '70s. These updated models give the guitar a bright, punchy sound to help your chicken-picked runs ring true. Twang and jangle are the guitar's specialty, but rolling down the master tone knob cuts out the treble to mellow the sound. If you're more of a rebel outlaw than country gentleman, the Filter'Tron pickups respond well to overdrive, making for a crisp attack on the bridge pickup and full-bodied blues tones in the neck position.
Classic Hardware with Modern ImprovementsThe G5420T comes equipped with a Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece positioned for easy access near your picking hand. The tailpiece is complemented by an Adjusto-Matic bridge, which can rock slightly along with the Bigsby to help reduce string friction. The bridge also allows for adjustments to be made to each string's intonation, so you can set up your guitar to play just right. The vintage style open-back tuners complete the classic look of the hardware set.
Features:- 5-ply maple hollow body in single cutaway style
- Gloss urethane finish
- Maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups in bridge and neck position
- 3-position pickup switching
- Individual neck and bridge pickup volume, master volume, and master tone controls
- Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece
- Rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Open-backed tuners
- Binding around top and back of body and f-holes
Sweet as southern tea or played with bite like bourbon, the Gretsch G5420T rings true with bright and clear tones.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Model Name: G5420LH Electromatic(R) Hollow Body
- Series: Electromatic CollectionBody:
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane
- Bracing: Sound Post
- Body Depth: 2.75" (69.85 mm)Neck:
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5" (62.2 cm)Electronics:
- Bridge Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master ToneHardware:
- Hardware Finish: Chrome-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic(TM) Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-BackMiscellaneous:
- Unique Features: Hump Block Fingerboard Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes and Fingerboard, Silver Plexi Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, Harp Tailpiece
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Aspen Green
- Shipping Weight: 14 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Product DescriptionThe Gretsch G5420LH Electromatic Hollow Body left-handed model is a sharp guitar with a bound single-cutaway hollow body featuring sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, silver plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based 'Adjusto-Matic' bridge and harp tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and chrome-plated hardware. Available in Orange and Aspen Green.
When the Gretsch R&D team recently unearthed a Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickup with knockout punch and phenomenal twang, they incorporated its DNA into dynamic "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups, which now endow Electromatic hollow-body instruments such as the G5420LH with an electrifying voice and identity.