If you're looking to own a throwback to the sonic richness of early rock 'n' roll or classic country, then you're looking for a hollowbody guitar. Gretsch honors the tradition of these elegant instruments with the G5422TDCG Electromatic hollowbody electric guitar. This beautifully crafted guitar combines the finest acoustics with cutting-edge, reverse-engineered vintage-style pickups, resulting in a striking instrument that sounds just as good as it looks.
Timeless Vintage LooksThis Electromatic captivates audiences at first glance thanks to its gorgeous finish and gold-plated hardware. But it's not all just looks -- that 5-ply maple bound double cutaway hollow body with f-holes isn't just for show -- it provides a resonating chamber which sculpts notes into rich, harmonious overtones. Even the Adjusto-Matic bridge and Bigsby vibrato tailpiece exhibit the perfect marriage of style and function.
Baldwin-era Filter'Tron Pickups, RecreatedIt happens all the time in engineering: someone finds a gadget that's been lost in some warehouse for decades that outperforms the best of present-day technology. That's exactly what happened to the folks over at Gretsch when the unearthed a set of Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickups. The vintage pickups were brighter and twangier than anything available on the market, so they reverse-engineered them -- and that vintage tone has been recreated in the Black Top Filter'Tron pickups. Expect a punch like you've never heard before. The unique combination of two volume knobs, a master volume knob, and one tone control extends your tonal possibilities even further.
Features:- Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody electric guitar
- 5-ply maple bound double cutaway hollow body with gloss urethane finish
- Set maple neck
- 24.5" scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets, 12" radius, and hump-block inlays
- Black Top Filter'Tron pickups in the bridge and neck positions offer extra punch and twang
- Neck volume, bridge volume, master volume, master tone, and 3-way selector switch provided
- Gold-plated hardware and classic G-arrow control knobs
- Rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Vintage-style open-back tuning machines
- Silver Plexi pickguard
- Strap retainer knobs
- Licensed Bigsby B60G vibrato tailpiece
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Model Name: G5422TDCG Electromatic Hollow Body
- Series: Electromatic CollectionBody:
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Depth: 2.25" (57 mm)Neck:
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5" (62.2 cm)Electronics:
- Bridge Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master ToneHardware:
- Hardware Finish: Gold-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic(TM) Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-BackMiscellaneous:
- Unique Features: Gold Plated Hardware, Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes and Fingerboard, Silver Plexi Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, Bigsby(R)-Licensed B60G Vibrato Tailpiece
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Snow Crest White
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Product DescriptionThe Gretsch G5422TDCG Electromatic Hollow Body is a sharp guitar with a bound double-cutaway hollow body featuring sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, gold plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge and Bigsby-licensed B60G vibrato tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and gold-plated hardware.
When the Gretsch R&D team recently unearthed a Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickup with knockout punch and phenomenal twang, they incorporated its DNA into dynamic "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups, which now endow Electromatic hollow-body instruments such as the G5422TDCG with an electrifying voice and identity.