A Jet Powered by TV Jones Punch!Light and lean, the Gretsch G6128T-TVP Power Jet is a mahogany rocker packing plenty of tonal punch from its TV Jones Power'Tron pickups. It's no slouch on features either, with plenty of player-friendly upgrades.
Light Weight, Hefty ToneThe Power Jet uses mahogany wood in a semi-hollow design, combining the tonewood's warm qualities with the open resonance of a semi-hollow guitar. White binding along the body, neck, and headstock add even more class to an already gentlemanly instrument. The Power Jet's neck is a one-piece mahogany set neck for ringing sustain and balance with the body. The neck is carved relatively thin with a 12" radius, and is topped with an ebony fretboard for a fast and smooth playing experience.
Pickups Howl with Southern SnarlEquipped with TV Jones Power'Tron pickups, the Power Jet is ready to handle a full range of tones. If it's sparkling clean you want, the neck pickup offers punchy, well-defined mids, and takes well to lowering the tone knob for a jazzier voice. Switch over to the bridge pickup for a bright sound that's ideal for chicken pickin' licks. Set a course for raunchier tones and see how the Power'Trons repond to a distorted amp. The neck pickup gives a full-bodied lead tone, and the bridge can handle heavy rock without losing that distinctive Southern twang.
All the TrimmingsThere's no shortage of quality hardware and appointments on the Power Jet. The Gretsch-licensed Bigsby B3c vibrato makes notes flutter with vintage tremolo action. A rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge allows you to make easy adjustments to string intonation or action. Sperzel locking tuners keep your weeping ballads in tune even through the most heinous Bigsby abuse. Schaller Straplocks keep the Power Jet on your shoulders in case you get the urge to start strutting like Elvis.
Features:- Semi-hollow single cutaway design
- Mahogany body
- Arched laminated maple top
- One-piece mahogany neck
- Ebony fretboard
- TV Jones Power'Tron pickups in neck and bridge positions
- Gretsch Bigsby B3c vibrato tailpiece
- Pinned rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Schaller Straplocks
- Binding on body, fretboard, and headstock
- Volume and tone controls
- Three-way pickup selector switch
- Deluxe Sperzel chrome-plated die-cast locking tuners
- Hardshell case included
Classy enough for a formal affair, but with the bite of a junkyard dog, the Gretsch G6128T-TVP Power Jet has the widest range of sound this side of the Mason-Dixon.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Model Name: G6128t-Tvp, Power Jet With Bigsby
- Model Number: 240-0412-(806)
- Series: Professional Collection
- Colors: (806) Jet Black
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625mm)
- Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Bracing: N/A
- Back And Sides: Semi-Hollow Mahogany Body, 13.25" Wide, 1.75" Deep
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Pickups: 2 Tv Jones Power'Tron Pickups
- Width At Nut: 1-11/16" (43 mm)
- Fretboard: Ebony, 12" Radius (305 mm)
- Bridge: Pinned Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matictm Bridge
- Tailpiece: Gretsch Bigsby B3c Vibrato Tailpiece
- Hardware: Chrome-Plated
- Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Case: Includes G6238 Deluxe Hardshell Case, Us Msrp $220.00, P/N 0996410000
- Number Of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Machine Heads: Deluxe Sperzel Chrome-Plated Die-Cast Locking Tuners
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
3-Position Toggle Master Tone Switch:
- Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off
- Position 2. Switch Out Of The Circuit, Pickup Is Wide Open (That Great Gretsch Sound)
- Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off
Unique Features:- Neo Classic "Thumbnail" Inlay Position Markers
- Bound Fingerboard And Headstock
- Multiple Body Binding
- Inlaid Pearloid Gretsch Logo On Headstock
- Silver Plexi Pickguard
- Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Schaller Straplocks
- Adjustable Truss Rod
Note: Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Gretsch G6128T-TVP Power Jet GuitarThat Great Gretsch Sound--with a snarl. Gretsch has modified the classic Duo Jet to a higher sonic level, so strike your best rockin' pose and turn up your amp--this is a hard rocker in a classic Gretsch package! Features include a single-cutaway semi-hollow mahogany body that's super lightweight, one-piece mahogany neck with Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays, TV Jones Power'Tron pickups, chrome hardware, Sperzel locking machine heads, Schaller strap locks, pinned Adjusto-Matic bridge.