Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded T: The Real Deal for a Steal!
A workhorse of an electric guitar, the Gibson 2016 Les Paul Studio Faded T sports an attractive carved maple top with a faded finish that evokes a vintage instrument, on a mahogany body with modern weight relief that'll keep you light on your feet. This stripped-down beauty is the 2016 version of one of Gibson's most popular guitars. A mahogany neck in an inviting and comfortable rounded '59 profile features 22 frets over a silky rosewood fingerboard. Fueling your amplifier with that vitage Gibson PAF tone is a pair of Burstbucker Pro alnico 5 humbuckers. This more affordable 2016 model is a great way to treat your fingers and ears to the unmatched tone, feel, and overall look Gibson knocks out of the park year after year.
Mahogany Body with Weight Relief
Nothing fits quite like the iconic Les Paul body shape, and this 2016 release doesn't pull any punches when it comes to tone. A heavy wood like mahogany really emphasizes the middle and lower frequency along with bringing in additional sustain. Gibson's weight relief design keeps your Les Paul from weighing you down, which can come in handy during longer performances on stage or in the studio.
Burstbucker Pro Humbuckers
A pair of Burstbucker Pro humbuckers fuel your amplifier with that irresistible PAF tone. Both of these pickups utilize alnico V magnets and wax potted coils that help drown out microphonics that may sneak in at higher volumes. Combine these humbuckers with a tube amplifier and hear your Les Paul purr.
Mahogany Neck in Rounded '59 Profile
Some guitarists aren't a fan of the bulkier necks associated with the very first Les Paul models, so Gibson fitted your Les Paul Studio Faded T with a rounded '59 profile. This contour is somewhere between the thicker earlier necks and the thinner slim-taper '60s carve. The rosewood fingerboard is smooth to the touch and features 22 frets with comfortable action suitable for a wide range of different styles of playing.
Take a peek inside the Gibson USA factory, where Gibson luthiers craft Les Pauls by hand:
- Solidbody electric guitar in Les Paul body shape with "Faded" finish
- Carved maple top -- no body binding
- Mahogany body with modern weight relief
- Mahogany neck
- Rounded '59 neck profile
- Smooth rosewood fingerboard
- Scale length of 24.75"
- 22 frets
- Burstbucker Pro alnico 5 humbucker at the neck
- Burstbucker Pro alnico 5 humbucker at the bridge
- Two volume control dials
- Two tone control dials
- Three-setting pickup selector shot
- Grover green key traditional tuners
- Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Gig bag included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.
- Tuners: Traditional tuners
- Neck width: Historic original neck width
- Nut: Graph Tech(TM) nut
- Neck heel: Classic Les Paul neck heel
- Neck profile: Rounded '59 neck profile
- Body: Carved maple top over mahogany body with modern weight relief
- Pickups: Burstbucker Pro(TM) humbuckers
- Fingerboard: Rosewood fingerboard
- Setup: Comprehensive hand-finished setup
- Finish: Worn satin finish
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):