A Les Paul Standard for the Modern Guitarist
The Les Paul Standard just got a lot more serious, thanks to the sweet set of features Gibson has added to this 2015 release. This awesome axe will raise your game with its onboard G FORCE automated tuning system, pair of coil-splitting Burst Bucker Pro humbuckers, a warm-sounding maple-topped mahogany body, improved mahogany neck in an asymmetrical '60s slim taper profile, wider and smoother rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets, adjustable zero fret nut, and improved Tune-o-Matic bridge with titanium saddles. Modern playability and classic Les Paul tone will always be at your fingertips with this awesomely updated guitar.
Master luthier Jim DeCola speaks about Gibson's history and their 2015 models:
Warm-Sounding Maple and Mahogany Body
The maple top of your Les Paul Standard brings in a pleasant rounded brightness to your notes. Mahogany will focus more on pushing those middle and lower frequencies, to give your playing a rich and dark color. It all adds up to a perfect tonewood pairing for solidbody electric guitars -- mahogany and maple really fill out a wide spectrum of sonic color with loads of sustain, presence, and depth.
Improved Mahogany Neck
The neck on your Les Paul Standard will fit your hand like a glove with its inviting asymmetrical '60s slim taper profile. This mahogany appendage harnesses the same resonating tonal attributes as your axe's mahogany body does -- a dark tone with loads of sustain. You'll love taking advantage of how easily and comfortably this baby plays when you take it for its very first spin. Also, your axe's adjustable zero fret nut will give you the freedom to adjust your action to your own playing standards.
Wider and Smoother Compound-Radius Rosewood Fingerboard
Once you wrap your hand around your Les Paul's '60s slim taper neck, you'll immediately notice the silkiness of this axe's super-smooth rosewood fingerboard. That's because Gibson has paid careful attention to buffing and oiling the fretboards on their 2015 Les Paul releases. You'll also notice that this fingerboard is slightly wider than what you're used to, so you'll have a little bit more playing room for bends and vibratos. And the fretboard's compound radius gives you an even, flatter feel as you move up the neck toward the bridge. Playability is the name of the game with this Paul!
Two Burst Bucker Pro Humbuckers -- Plus Coil Taps
Fueling your signal with the full-bodied tone of your resonating Les Paul Standard's body are a pair of Burst Bucker Pro humbuckers. That amazing ageless PAF tone is what these baddies are all about. And if that isn't enough for you, pull up your Les Paul Standard's volume knobs to tap into some sweet single-coil tones. The tone knobs give you push/pull phase inverts, too, for even more tonal bandwidth. These two pickups give you plenty of room to find the exact tone you're looking for.
Gibson's G FORCE Automated Tuning System
To keep your performance going strong without any interruption, your Les Paul Standard features Gibson's non-invasive G FORCE automated tuning system. Hiding out of sight on the back of the headstock, this "magic black box" will tune your strings in one simple strum in standard and alternate tunings. You can also adjust your tuning to an external source if you're playing with an instrument that might be a little flat or sharp.
- Maple topped mahogany body in Les Paul shape
- Mahogany neck in asymmetrical '60s slim taper profile
- Slightly wider and smoother rosewood fingerboard
- 22 frets with super tight action
- Scale length of 24.75"
- Pearl trapezoid inlays
- Upgraded Tune-o-Matic bridge with titanium saddles
- Adjustable zero fret nut to fine-tune your action
- G FORCE automated tuning system
- Three-point setup
- Two Burst Bucker Pro humbucking pickups
- Push/pull coil taps on volume knobs
- Phase invert/pure bybass on tone knobs
- Dual tone and dual volume controls
- Three-way pickup selector switch
- Improved output jack for stronger contact
- Easily removable pickguard
- Improved circuitry design with more robust cables
- Commemorative Les Paul 100th birthday signature
- Cool Les Paul Hologram
- New and improved hardshell case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.
- Body: Mahogany/modern body rout
- Top: Figured maple
- Neck: Mahogany, asymmetrical SlimTaper
- Fingerboard: Compound radius rosewood, trapezoid inlays
- Hardware: Chrome Tune-o-Matic and stopbar
- Finish: Comes in 5 Candy Pearlescent colors Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Honey Burst, Tobacco Sunburst, Trans Amber with cherry back and Wine red
- Electronics: Burst Bucker Pro 1+2, Push/Pull Coil Taps, Phase changing and Pure Bypass
- Plastics: Cream, Gold Max grip speed knobs
- Special Features: Reverse polarity rear pickup for authentic single coil combinations
- Case: Hardshell
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):