The Furman Merit M-8S Power Conditioner is the perfect low-cost AC power solution for any rack mount system. Install an M-8S in to the top slot of your rack, and the eight switched outlets in the rear panel will power up and protect all your equipment up to a 15-amp load.
Instrument Rigs and Recording Gear
You've got a rack for your effects, preamps, tuner. You're going to plug all of that into the wall? One big spike and your rig is up in smoke. Furman's standard level surge/spike protection defends your gear from the spikes and surges that are so common at gigs and practice spots. With Furman's standard level RFI/EMI filtration, you'll get a quieter tone without pops, crackles, and the local radio station coming out of your amp.
Bars, clubs and other event venues have some of the worst power out there -- from air compressors turning on and off to light shows pulling current loads up and down, the AC power can be a strain on the circuits in your rig. Furman's standard level protection and filtration keeps the bad stuff out.
When you're out there gigging, you never know what kind of power you're going to get. The wear and tear on mobile rigs eventually takes it toll -- that's why it's smart to plug into Furman's standard level protection and RFI/EMI filtration. It keeps your equipment safe and sounding clean. Whether you're setting up a show at the local club or powering up the church band for their next service, make sure you give them power they can trust.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Maximum AC Current Rating:
- 15 Amps, 120 VAC (Thermal breaker)
- AC Cord: 14AWGx3, 10 feet, black, fixed,
NEMA 5-15P plugAC Receptacles:
- Convenience Outlet (Front Panel)
1 Un-switched NEMA 15-5R
- Rear Panel Outlets: 2 Un-switched NEMA 5-15R (1 duplex),
- 6 Sequenced NEMA 5-15R (3 duplexes, each
controlled by separate relay)Surge Protection:
- AC Surge Protection: Merit Class (sacrificial)
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Max Continuous Operating Voltage: 130V RMS
- Max Clamp Voltage: 500 Volts Peak
- Peak Impulse Current: 12,000 Amps
- Energy Rating (2 X 820uS): 225 JoulesAC Filtering:
- Pi LCR Filter
- Noise Attenuation: >26dB, 100 Khz to 1 MHz
Operating Temperature Range: 5C (40F) to 40C (105F) degrees
- Humidity Range: <90% rH (Relative Humidity)User Interface:
- Rocker Switch: Front panel, Sequence (ON, OFF)
- Thermal Circuit Breaker: Front panel, push to reset
- Front panel indicators Delay 1, Delay 2, Delay 3, Power, Protection OKControl/Status/Triggering (Rear Panel):
- Rear Panel DIP Switches: 12V Mode On/Off, GND Mode On, Momentary/Maintained
- Potentiometer: Rear panel, time calibration fine tune delay adjust
- Remote Terminal: +5-30VDC In, 12VDC (12mA) Out
- Remote Terminal: Phoenix type 4-Pin Connector with Screw terminals; +12V, STAT, REM, GND (Class 2 Wiring)
- Size: 1.75" X 19.00" X 6.5" (HWD) - ANSI 1RU
- Mass: 5.3 lbs.
- Power Consumption (No Load): 5 Watts
- Safety Agency: C/CSA/US
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs