Focusrite Saffire Pro 26Saffire PRO 26 is part of Focusrite's family of professional studio-quality Firewire/Thunderbolt-compatible audio interfaces, with full 24-bit/96kHz conversion and four award-winning Focusrite mic preamps with phantom power. The best-sounding interface in its class, Saffire PRO 26 was designed with both studio recording and live musicians in mind, offering extensive input and output capabilities for maximum flexibility.
Learn more about the Saffire PRO 26 with this video from Focusrite:
Features:- Four Award-Winning Focusrite Preamps: At the heart of Saffire PRO 26 lie four award-winning Focusrite preamps, making it the best-sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's unparalleled preamp heritage spans more than 25 years.
- Precision 24-bit/96kHz conversion and pristine analog audio: Precision A-D / D-A conversion with JetPLL jitter reduction technology; pristine digital and analog audio quality and reliable synchronisation.
- Multiple Connectivity Options - FireWire or Thunderbolt: Like all of the Saffire range of interfaces, Saffire PRO 26 will connect to both FireWire and Thunderbolt ports. Saffire PRO 26 connects seamlessly to a Thunderbolt port via a FireWire to Thunderbolt adaptor (not included) or directly to a FireWire 800 port with the provided cable.
- Keep your USB Buses Free: If you are connecting multiple USB devices to your computer such as external hard drives, mouses and keyboards then streaming audio over a separate FireWire or Thunderbolt port will allow you to keep your USB ports free and reduce the possibility of interference with other devices.
- Comprehensive I/O -- 18 inputs and 8 outputs: A host of I/O options is provided, including four mic/line pres, two of which have high-impedance instrument capability and 8dB pads, plus two additional TRS inputs; two independently-controlled headphone outputs, six TRS line outputs and a 'loopback' facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
- Expand your interface with up to eight extra analog inputs: ADAT optical input allows extensive input expansion of your interface -- expand Saffire PRO 26 with up to eight additional preamps or line inputs. Pair Saffire PRO 26 with Focusrite's OctoPre MkII 8 channel preamp and instantly transform your interface into a 12 preamp unit.
- Firewire Bus-powered: Connect directly to your Firewire port for bus power, extremely useful for live or mobile recording applications.
- Dual headphone outputs -- multiple monitor mixes: Give multiple artists independent, fully customised monitor mixes -- two with independent headphone sockets and front-panel level controls
- 5-Segment LED metering: Use the six front-panel LED meters to accurately monitor input levels when recording
- Solid build quality in a portable chassis: The Saffire PRO 26 can sit neatly on your desktop, or will easily fit into a bag for mobile recording or live performance usage
- Comprehensive Software Bundle: Included is a free DAW in the form of Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite's professional Midnight and Scarlett plug-in suites, Novation BassStation virtual synthesiser and 1 GB of Loopmasters sample content. In addition to the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, all Saffire audio interfaces include the Softube Time and Tone Pack. This is a unique plug-in bundle, comprised of Softube's world class TSAR-1R reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
Check out Anavae recording in the studio through the Saffire Pro 26:
Twenty-five years of mic preamp excellence form the foundation of the Saffire PRO 26 interface. The four preamps, along with mix control software and interfacing technology, combine to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
At the heart of Saffire PRO 26 lie four award-winning Focusrite preamps. These allow unparalleled recording flexibility and ensure low noise and distortion with plenty of headroom to capture the full dynamic range of even the loudest drumkit or guitar amp. Precision digital conversion and JetPLL jitter-elimination technology maintain pristine audio quality in both analog and digital domains.
Inputs 1 and 2 are available both as mic-level rear-panel XLRs and as front-panel TRS (1/4 inch) sockets at line or instrument levels, and include 8dB pads. Inputs 3 and 4 appear on the rear panel as combo XLR (mic)/TRS (line) sockets. There are two additional rear-panel TRS line inputs, making a total of six analog inputs, for which 5-segment LED metering is provided.
The PRO 26 includes S/PDIF I/O, and an optical digital input that can be configured either as S/PDIF or as ADAT format, the latter allowing expansion of the interface with, for example, Focusrite's OctoPre MkII, for a total of 14 analog inputs. Saffire PRO 26 also features two virtual Loopback inputs, for routing digital audio between software applications -- ideal for capturing online audio.
On the output side, dual headphone outputs, six line outputs on TRS jacks, and S/PDIF coax are provided. Main monitor controls, including volume, dim and mute, are included on the front panel.
Saffire MixControl, the ultra-low-latency 26 x 8 DSP mixer/router software provided with Saffire PRO 26, sets a standard for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click setup solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
See how you can put the Saffire PRO 26's features to work in the studio:
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Focusrite products.
- 2 line/instrument inputs (line inputs also available on rear panel)
- 2 headphone outputs with independent volume controls
- Main monitor volume control with dim and mute switches
- 6 x 5-segment LED input metering
- 2 8dB pad switches on inputs 1 & 2
- 2 line/instrument switches on inputs 1 & 2
- 2 Phantom power switches (1-2) & (3-4)
- 4 gain knobs for preamp gainRear Panel:
- 2 XLR microphone inputs
- 2 Combo XLR/TRS mic/line inputs
- 2 additional line inputs
- 6 balanced TRS outputs
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT input
- FireWire 400 port
- Power supply inputWindows System Requirements:
- CPU/Clock: 900MHz or Pentium (1.5GHz or higher recommended)
- Memory (RAW): 512MB (More recommended)
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 (1280x1024) or more recommended)Mac System Requirements:
- CPU/Clock: Power PC G4/Dual 1 GHz or faster or any Intel-based Mac
- Memory (RAW): 512MB (More recommended)
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 (1280x1024) or more recommended)Included:
Saffire PRO 26, power supply, getting started guide, software bundle code card, FireWire 400 - 800 cable
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Saffire PRO 26
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 310-322-5500