Craft a rich, colorful gain stage with the Focusrite ISA One analog microphone preamp. This preamp/DI will amaze you in the recording studio with its tone-shaping capabilities and versatility! Designed for portability, the ISA One is ruggedly built with a carrying handle right on top.
A Tribute to a Great Vintage Microphone PreampThe Focusrite ISA One is based on the vintage ISA 110 module microphone preamplifier. It features the same circuitry and componentry as that legendary and celebrated unit, including the Lundahl L1538 transformer and bespoke zobel network. These were the preamps that made Focusrite a household name, and they have been lovingly recreated for this excellent-sounding pre. It is unquestionably a product reflecting many years of continued innovation.
The Nicest DI Box in the RoomLive or in the studio, the ISA One works as a fantastic direct input box when you want to run a high-impedance, line level, unbalanced output signal to a low-impedance microphone-level balanced input. As a DI, it delivers a great, noise-free sound. The DI channel is independent from the mic pre, and utilizes its own dedicated gain control.
Exceptional for Dual-Signal ApplicationFocusrite developed this innovative design to accommodate guitars or basses running via a DI while miking the amp cabinet simultaneously. The ISA One also serves well as a great single solution for musicians looking to run a direct guitar and vocals through the same preamplifier.
Versatile and Intuitive I/OThe Focusrite ISA One preamp has a single XLR and TRS line input. There is a switch for Active or Passive impedance to allow different signal sources to be routed quickly. A single TRS jack output is provided for routing to other amps. There is also an independent XLR output on the rear. The headphone output has a dedicated volume control.
Extensive Features for Tonal CraftingThe ISA One's variable impedance design allows you to switch between four different input impedance settings for more tonal variety. There is even an additional Insert Point where extra processors or FX can be introduced in between the preamp and the DI. Phase Reverse and a 75 Hz, 18 dB/octave high-pass filter round out the tonal shaping capabilities. The ISA One preamp also delivers phantom power.
A moving-coil VU meter with variable calibration gives you clear input metering for both channels. Helpfully, the meter calibrations utilize all the same reference points as Pro Tools, allowing your digital meters to sync perfectly to your analog meters.
Features:- Variable impedance design with four switchable input impedance settings
- 1 x XLR and 1 x TRS instrument input
- 1 x TRS External ADC input
- 1 x TRS Return
- 1 x TRS Jack Send
- 1 x Balanced XLR Line Output
- 1 x XLR DI output
- 1 x TS Jack DI through
- 1 x headphone jack with independent volume
- 75 Hz high-pass filter
- Moving coil VU meter can be calibrated
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Focusrite products.
Mic Input Response
- Gain range = 0dB to 60dB in 10dB steps + 20 dB of variable gain
- Input Impedance, variable as follows (Switched Impedance setting Equivalent Input Impedance at 1kHz):
- Low = 600 Ohms
- ISA110 = 1400 Ohms
- Med = 2400 Ohms
- High = 6800 Ohms
- EIN (equivalent input noise) = -126dB measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm terminating impedance and 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB) = -97dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (9dBu) = 106dB
- THD at medium gain (30dB) = 0.0009% measured with a 1kHz -20dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Frequency response at minimum gain (0dB) = -0.5dB down at 10Hz and -3dB down at 125kHz
- Frequency response at maximum gain (60dB) = -3dB down at 16Hz and -3dB down 118kHz
- CMRR=98dB (Channel 1, 1kHz, maximum gain with +24 dBu input)
- Crosstalk Channel to Channel: with 10dB@1kHz input to chA, chB output =104dBrA. With 10dB@10kHz input to chA, chB output = 84dBrALine Input Response
- Gain range = -20dB to +10dB in 10dB steps + 20 dB of variable gain
- Input Impedance = 10kOhm from 10Hz to 200kHz
- Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB) = -96dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (24dBu)=120dB
- Signal to noise ratio relative to 0dBFS (+22dBu) = 118dB\
- THD at unity gain (0dB) = 0.001% measured with a 0dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Frequency Response at unity gain (0dB) = -0.3dB down at 10Hz and -3dB down at 200kHzInstrument Input Response
- Gain range = 10dB to 40dB continuously variable
- Input Impedance:
- High = greater than1MOhm
- Low =greater than 300kOhm
- Noise at minimum gain (+10dB) = -92dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Noise at maximum gain (+40dB) = -62dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- THD at minimum gain (+10dB) = 0.001% measured with a 10dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Frequency Response at 10dB gain with -10dB input = 10Hz-100kHz +/- 0.6dB
- Frequency Response at 40dB gain with -40dB input = -2.5dB down at 10Hz and 0dB at 100kHzHigh Pass Filter
- Roll off = 18dB per octave 3 pole filter
- Fixed Frequency 75Hz measured at the 3dB down pointMeters
- Moving coil (MC) meter is factory calibrated to 0VU = +4dBu with 1kHz sinewave. With the VU Cal button pressed the meter can be adjusted on the rear panel to allow 0VU to equal +10dBu to +26dBu with the centre detent being equal to +22dBu.
- Peak LED meters calibrated in the detent position for 0dBFS = +22dBu, calibration is adjustable on the rear panel to allow 0dBFS to equal +10dBu to +26dBu
- Routing for MC and Peak1 meter is after the HPF, pre insert send or switched post insert return. Peak2 is always pre ADC channel 2, which can be fed by external input or Instrument input.
- LED levels are as follows when peak calibration is set to center detent on the rear panel. (This is when using the internal ADC).
0 = +22dBu
-2 = +20dBu
-6 = +16dBu
-12 = +10dBu
-18 = +4dBu
-42 = -20dBuFront and Rear Connectivity
Analogue Channel Inputs:
- Mic input: XLR x 1
- Line input: XLR x 1 and TRS x1
- Instrument input TRS Jack: XLR x 1
- External ADC input: TRS Jack x 1
- Return: TRS Jack x 1
Analogue Channel Outputs:
- Send: TRS Jack x 1
- Balanced line output: XLR x 1
- DI output: XLR x 1
- DI through: TS Jack x 1
Analogue Channel Additional I/O:
- Cue mix left input: TRS Jack x 1
- Cue mix right input: TRS Jack x 1
- Headphones output: 1/4 in. TRS Jack x 1Case NOT Included.
Weight: 3.9kg, 8.6 lbs
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs