Great mic preamps are an essential component in any professional studio. The Focusrite ISA Two Dual Channel Microphone Preamp fits that bill with ease, providing two independent channels of the highest quality classic Focusrite mic pres, with line in and front-panel instrument inputs - no DI box required. Based on the legendary designs found in the Focusrite Forte and Studio Consoles, ISA Two mic preamp is the ideal front-end for your rack.
At the heart of the Focusrite ISA Two is a pair of Lundahl LL1538 transformers. ISA products have relied on Lundahl from the beginning, since their components were originally specified in 1985. The LL1538 features a 3-section winding, resulting in very low leakage inductance and, as a result, an extended frequency response. They're encapsulated in mu-metal cans to shield them from stray magnetism.
Variable input impedance and up to 80 dB of gain
The ISA Two features two classic Focusrite mic preamps, with four impedance settings including the original ISA 110 setting. Variable input impedance allows you to go for an accurate, transparent sound or choose to highlight the character of your favorite vintage mic - and anywhere in between. With up to 80 dB of low-noise gain, ISA Two can perform in the most demanding situations - really bringing your ribbon, condenser or moving coil mics to life.
Insert your choice of processors
Each channel of the Focusrite ISA Two preamp has a fully-balanced insert point accessed via TRS sockets on the rear panel and activated with a front-panel button, so it's easy to use outboard processors with the ISA Two. Just plug in your choice of EQ, compressor or limiter.
Each channel has an eight-LED array to clearly display the level of your two signals. You can line up your analogue evels with your converters or DAW by using the calibration knob on the rear panel. You will be safe in the knowledge that you have avoided clipping on the way in.
Front-panel instrument and rear panel line inputs
Two 1/4 inch jack sockets on the front panel of the Focusrite ISA Two mic preamp give you instant access to a transparent DI input. TRS line inputs are available on the rear panel too, and you can step through them instantly to select the one you want.
Variable cut-off high-pass filter
Built in, and easily accessed with its own large knob and illuminated button, is an extremely smooth-sounding 18 dB/octave high-pass filter of the same design as the original ISA 110 module. This is ideal for cutting out rumble, thumps and other unwanted low-frequency sounds and with a range of 16 to 420 Hz, it's easy to lose what you don't want, and keep what you do.
- Two independent channels of the highest quality classic Focusrite mic pres
- Line in and front-panel instrument inputs, no DI box required
- Based on the legendary designs found in the Focusrite Forte and Studio Consoles
- Pair of Lundahl LL1538 transformers for an extended freq response
- Four impedance settings including the original ISA 110 setting
- Up to 80 dB of low-noise gain
- Fully-balanced insert point accessed via TRS sockets on the rear panel
- Extremely flat frequency response across a very wide bandwidth
- Each channel has an eight-LED array to clearly display the level of your two signals
- Extremely smooth-sounding 18 dB/octave high-pass filter
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Front panel, per channel:
- 1/4 inch instrument input
- Variable input impedance - Low, ISA 110, Medium, High
- Input selection - Mic, Line, Instrument
- 0 - 30 dB/30 - 60 dB gain switch
- Phantom power switch
- Phase invert switch
- 0 - 60 dB gain in 10 dB steps
- 0 - +20 dB continuously variable trim
- Variable high-pass filter with on/off switch
- Insert point on/off switch
- Eight-LED user-calibrated level meters
- Single power switch
- Rear panel, per channel:
- XLR-F mic inputs
- 1/4 inch TRS line inputs
- 1/4 inch TRS Sends
- 1/4 inch TRS Returns
- XLR-M line output
- Single peak meter calibration dial
- Single IEC power socket
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 480 x 280 x 44 mm
- Weight: 3.7 kg
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs