Dressed in Tweed With Tones to PleaseThe Fender Deluxe has made its rounds all over with guitarists from many different genres. From blues, to rock, to jazz, this amp knows how to please with particular ease. Your Fender '57 Deluxe Tweed guitar amplifier head brings you rich colorful tones with plenty of presence, boasting hand-wired all-tube circuitry, a fashionable vintage lacquered tweed cover with vintage brown/gold grille cloth, a cool-looking leather strap handle, two parallel 1/4" jacks, two mic and two instrument inputs, and a low power output of only 12 watts. This head will warm up your game in style, once you fire its tubes up for the first time.
Take a peek at the Fender '57 Deluxe Tweed guitar amplifier head:
The Power of 12 WattsMany guitarists aren't really aware of what lower and mid-wattage amps have to offer. Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Steve Cooper, Joe Walsh, Eric Clapton, Neil Young -- these are just a few guitarists known for taking advantage of low-watt amps. These kinds of amps respond to subtleties more noticeably. Just a few tweaks of your volume and tone controls on your guitar will surprise you, and you'll certainly notice the sensitivity this head has just by moving its volume and tone controls ever so slightly.
Hand-wired Circuitry and All-tube ToneA lot of attention and love went into this '57 Deluxe Tweed amp head. All of Fender's Custom series all-tube heads come with hand-wired circuitry and first-class components -- an eyelet board and a late '50s 5E3 circuit to name a few. Your signal is pumped through two 12AX7 preamp tubes ad two 6V6 power amp tubes for a vibrant, warm color that's clear and well-defined when dialed down for its clean setting. Crank this baby up a little for an inviting and creamy overdrive.
Dynamic Sound from Simple Control LayoutThe top metal panel of your '57 Deluxe Tweed amp head has a simple, no-nonsense layout for you to dial in your sound. Next to your four inputs are your mic volume, instrument volume, and tone controls. You can get a lot of different sounds simply by playing around with these volume and tone knobs. Pushing your signal a bit will give off a smooth, naturally distorted output that doesn't come with heads of higher wattages. There's also a nice natural compression that comes out at higher signal levels with this baby.
A Proper SiblingThis head is the sibling of the infamous Fender Deluxe combo amp, but since this is the head version, you get a little bit more versatility. You can chose your own cabinet to project the pristine tube tone this head offers. It's lighter than the combo amp, weighing in at only 17.5 pounds, so loading this baby around for recording sessions or gigs is as simple as setting it down on your cab, plugging in, and playing.
Features:- 12 watts of power
- Two parallel 1/4" speaker jacks
- Four input jacks -- two mic and two instrument
- Hand-wired all-tube circuitry
- Two 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two 6V6 power amp tubes
- Volume, microphone volume, and master tone controls
- Impedance of 8 ohms
- Dressed in cool vintage lacquered tweed with vintage brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle
- Weighs in at 17.5 pounds
- Comes with fitted amplifier cover
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Custom
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two MIC and Two INST)
- Speaker Jacks: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Controls: Instrument Volume, Microphone Volume, Master Tone
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Preamp Tubes: Groove Tubes(R) 2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes(R) 2 x 6V6
- Cover/Grille Cloth: Lacquered Tweed Covering with Vintage-style Brown/Gold Grille Cloth
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Included Accessories: Fitted Amplifier Cover
- Height: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Width: 20" (51 cm)
- Depth: 8.25" (21 cm)
- Weight: 17.5 lbs. (7.9 kg)
- Other Features: Hand-Wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board, late '50s 5E3 circuit,
- 5Y3 rectifier tube, genuine lacquered tweed covering topped off with
- vintage brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle, deluxe fitted
- cover included, solid pine cabinet, pair with the Hot Rod Deluxe 112
- Cabinet (P/N 2231010700) in Lacquered tweed for a classic
- vintage look.
- Handle: Vintage-Style Leather with Nickel Mounting Hardware
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Wattage: 12 Watts
- Channels: Two - (Instrument and Microphone)
- Control Panel: Chrome
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender '57 Deluxe Tweed Guitar AmplifierOver the past five decades, from Memphis, Tenn., and Austin, Texas, to Liverpool and Los Angeles and just about everywhere else, too, players of every style have prized the Fender Deluxe for its unmistakably warm and rich tube tone. Originals are getting hard to find and continue to appreciate in the vintage collector's market, but players who enjoy the original tone, feel, and vibe will love the '57 Deluxe. As part of Fender's prestigious Custom series of all-tube amps with hand-wired circuitry and premium components, the '57 Deluxe is also available in head form so you can use your favorite cabinet with it. Lower settings of the "chicken head" volume control result in harmonically rich clean tones perfect for authentic vintage rock, blues and country. Cranked up, the Deluxe's thick and wildly distorted tone is not only inspiring, but also just plain fun. And with all that natural compression, it's a great recording amp, too.