As one of Fender's recently re-issued Custom Series "silverface" amplifiers, the '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb guitar combo amp celebrates the landmark year when Fender brought the electric guitar amplifier into new sonic territory. Like the legendary original, this '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb delivers killer tube-driven tone and a truly classic look.
22 Watts Through a 12" Celestion SpeakerThe '68 Custom Deluxe series has a single 12-inch Celestion that moves a little more air than the 10-inch speaker on the re-issued '68 Princeton Reverb. This makes the Deluxe as great for powerful solos as it is for chordal and rhythm parts. When you run it clean, it has a shimmer and clarity that is rich in color and overtones. When you push the gain, you'll immediately open up a world of crunch tone that sounds good no matter where you've got it set.
Four Discrete Inputs On Two ChannelsThe '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb is a true 2-channel amplifier, with "Custom" and "Vintage." Each section has two 1/4-inch inputs that can be used individually or in tandem, giving you a total of FOUR inputs on a single amplifier.
The "Custom" section keeps things no frills with Volume, Treble, and Bass knobs to shape your tone. Over in the "Vintage" section, things get interesting with Volume, Treble, Bass, and Reverb knobs. This amp also comes with a true tube-driven Tremolo section with Speed and Intensity controls.
All-Tube ComplementThe '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb gets its unmistakable sound from 4 x 12AX7 and 2 X 12AT7 preamp tubes. 2 x 6V6 power tubes amplify this vintage sound to give you a notably powerful 22 watts of power. A single 12-inch Celestion G12V-70 moves plenty of air and completes the overall tonal equation of this amp. With its smaller size and manageable output, the '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb allows you to push the preamp as far as you like without becoming excessively loud.
Eternally Cool "Silverface" Design1968 was also a year that Fender nailed a truly timeless aesthetic, creating a look that has stood the test of time. The black textured vinyl covering is contrasted with a silver-turquoise grille cloth that immediately achieves a classic look. Meanwhile, the famous aluminum drip edge grille cloth trim that looks as distinguished onstage as always. The blue jewel pilot light glows as beautifully as ever, while the skirted control knobs pop with their elegant nickel-plated caps.
Johnny K talks about the Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb in this zZounds' exclusive video:
Features:- 1 x 12" Celestion G12V-70 Speaker
- Four x 1/4-inch Inputs (two per channel)
- Two 1/4-inch Parallel Speaker Jacks
- Volume, Treble, Bass controls on Custom Channel
- Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, and Intensity controls on Vintage Channel
- Tube-driven Reverb and Vibrato
- 8 Ohm nominal Impedance
- 4 x 12AX7 and 2 X 12AT7 Preamp Tubes
- 2 x 6V6 Power Tubes
- 1 x 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
- Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Blue Jewel Pilot Light
- 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Fitted Amplifier Cover Included
- Skirted Amp Knobs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Speaker: One - 12" Celestion(R) G12V-70
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Controls: Custom Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass.
- Vintage Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 4 x 12AX7, 2 X 12AT7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6
- Rectifier Tube: 1 x 5AR4
- Cover/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch , Fitted Amplifier Cover
- Height: 17.5" (44.5 cm)
- Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Weight: 42 lbs. (19.05 kg)
- Other Features: Modified Deluxe Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo
- on both channels, "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface operation,
- modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative
- feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets,
- custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine
- Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo
- ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise
- grille cloth, fitted amplifier cover included, five-year warranty
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Wattage: 22 Watts
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Control Panel: Silverface Style
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 50 lbs