Head back to 1968 with the Fender '68 Custom Twin Reverb guitar combo amplifier! A re-issued Custom Series release of the famous "silverface" amplifier, today's '68 Custom Twin Reverb pays tribute to Fender's groundbreaking 1968 model. This Twin gives you all the tube-driven tone of the original -- plus a few modern mods.
See how zZounds Guitar Expert, Justin, achieves his tone:
Twin Powers, Activate: 85 Watts Through Two 12" SpeakersThe '68 Custom Twin Reverb is distinguished by its two 12-inch Celestion speakers that move a powerful 85 watts of sound. This puts the power rating on this amp in the perfect "sweet spot" where it can be equally versatile for live and studio situations.
Shimmering Cleans and Classic Tube CrunchThe '68 Custom Twin Reverb has a pure and shimmering clean tone at the low end of the gain stage, but can get quite menacing once you open it up a bit. In addition to having far more power, this amp yields an overall lusher, richer sound than the '68 Custom Deluxe or the '68 Princeton Reverb re-issues.
Four Discrete Inputs On Two ChannelsThe '68 Custom Twin Reverb is a true 2-channel amplifier with "Custom" and "Vintage" sections. Each section has two 1/4-inch inputs that can be used individually or in tandem, giving you a total of FOUR inputs on this amp.
The "Custom" section has basic Volume, Treble, and Bass knobs to shape your perfect tube sound. Over in the "Vintage" section, you've got Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, and Intensity knobs to play with. These last three knobs allow you to control the legendary tube-driven Reverb and Tremolo sound that this amp is known for.
Tubes For MilesThe '68 Custom Twin Reverb gets its distinctive sound from 4 x 12AX7 and 2 X 12AT7 preamp tubes. 4 x 6V6 power tubes amplify this vintage sound push its notably loud 85 watts of power. The dual 12-inch Celestion G12V-70 speakers can deliver all the volume needed for more intimate and un-mic'd live situations, but also mic up beautifully in the studio when you want to capture the unique sound of this amp on record forever.
Eternally Cool "Silverface" Design1968 was also definitely the year that Fender nailed a truly timeless aesthetic, creating a look that has stood the test of time. The black textured vinyl covering is contrasted with a silver-turquoise grille cloth that immediately achieves a classic look. Meanwhile, the famous aluminum drip edge grille cloth trim that looks as distinguished onstage as always. The blue jewel pilot light glows as beautifully as ever, while the skirted control knobs pop with their elegant nickel-plated caps.
Johnny K talks about Fender '68 Custom Twin Reverb in this zZounds' exclusive video:
Features:- 4 x 12AX7 and 2 X 12AT7 Preamp Tubes
- 4 x 6V6 Power Tubes
- 2 x 12-inch Celestion G12V-70 Speakers
- 2 x 1/4-inch Inputs on EACH channel
- Tube-driven Reverb and Vibrato
- Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, and Intensity controls
- 8 Ohm nominal Impedance
- 2 x 1/4-inch Parallel Speaker Jacks
- Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Blue Jewel Pilot Light
- Skirted Amp Knobs
- 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Fitted Amplifier Cover Included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Speaker: Two - 12" Celestion(R) G12V-70
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Controls: Custom Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass.
- Vintage Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass,
- Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 4 x 12AX7, 2 X 12AT7
- Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6
- Cover/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch, Fitted Amplifier Cover
- Height: 19.87" (50.46 cm)
- Width: 26.15" (66.4 cm)
- Depth: 10.375" (21.9 cm)
- Weight: 64 lbs. (29 kg)
- Other Features: Modified Twin Reverb all-tube circuitry
- Shared reverb and tremolo on both channels
- "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface tonality
- Modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack
- Reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity
- Hand-wired tube sockets
- Custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals)
- Genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb
- Genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato")
- 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Wattage: 85 Watts
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Control Panel: Silverface Style
- Tilt-Back Legs: Tilt-Back Legs Included
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 74 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Product Description1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was modern. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Twin Reverb received a fresh face as it remained the backline amp of choice for pros and amateurs everywhere. Clear, deep and powerful, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Twin Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound. The Fender '68 Custom Twin Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silver-face" amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the "custom" channel has a modified Bassman(R) tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. The '68 Custom Twin Reverb's dual 12" Celestion(R) G12V-70 speakers also deliver a more distinctively rock 'n' roll flavor.