With the Road Worn '50s Telecaster, Fender recreates the look and feel of a well-loved, high-mileage axe -- without the vintage-instrument price tag. Outfitted with '50s-style hardware and given a factory-distressed look, this sweet Tele feels broken-in right out of the box.
Worn Looks, Fresh FeelAudiences may think you and your Road Worn '50s Telecaster have rocked an untold number of crowds together, even if you're 16 and just received it a week ago. That's because Fender roughed up this version with exposed wood along the edges and a distressed fretboard. This gives the guitar the look of a heavily played -- but well-cared-for -- vintage Telecaster. The aging touches are more than just cosmetic -- upon picking up the broken-in, C-shaped maple neck, you might fool yourself into thinking you've scored a deal on an actual vintage guitar!
Tex Mex Pickups GrowlGiving this Telecaster the sounds to match its rough-around-the-edges demeanor are its Tex Mex Tele single-coil pickups. These pickups are over-wound for a "hotter" sound, making for a guitar that can handle a wide range of styles and sounds -- from the '50s on through modern music. The neck pickup provides thick enough sound for lead blues tones, while the bridge pickup easily cuts through the mix with a bright response. Players can easily clean up their tone by rolling back on the volume knob or dial in more subtle sounds with the tone knob.
Parts to Match the PeriodThe '50s were a banner decade for Fender, and the Road Worn '50s Telecaster pays tribute to the era with its hardware aesthetics. A vintage-style three-saddle bridge, given the rustic treatment, echoes those used in the late 1950s. A single-ply pickguard and Fender/Ping vintage-style tuners complete the old-school appointments.
Features:- Road-worn aesthetics on neck, body and hardware
- Maple neck with "C" profile
- Maple fretboard
- 5105 narrow jumbo frets
- Tex Mex Tele single-coil pickups in bridge and neck positions
- Three-way pickup selector switch
- Master volume
- Master tone
- Fender/Ping vintage style tuning machines
- Deluxe gig bag included
Experience the favorite vintage Tele you never had with the Road Worn '50s Telecaster.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Road Worn(TM) '50s Telecaster(R)
- Model Number: 013-1212-(Color)
- Series: Road Worn Series
- Colors: (303) 2-Color Sunburst, (307) Blonde, (Satin Lacquer Finish)
- Body: Alder on (303) 2-Color Sunburst, Ash on (307) Blonde
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, "C" Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25 in. Radius (184 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 6105 Narrow Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 2 Tex-Mex(TM) Tele(R) Single-Coil Pickups with Alnico Magnet Pole Pieces
- Controls: Master Volume, Master TonePickup Switching:
- 3-Position Blade:
-- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
-- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickup
-- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge
- Machine Heads: Fender(R)/Ping(R) Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White, (5-Hole) on black, 1-ply black on Blonde
- Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650 in. (42 mm)
- Unique Features: Distressed Body, Neck, and Hardware Creating an Aged Appearance, Vintage Styling, Synthetic Bone Nut
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension ST250R, Nickel Plated Steel, Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
- Accessories Included: Deluxe Gig BagNotice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- 2-Color Sunburst
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs