A Guitar Guru's Gift to His Loyal FansIncorporating elements of rock, blues, jazz, folk, country, and more, Eric Johnson has long been regarded as one of the most accomplished guitarists on the planet. This talented Texan tone guru is ready to take the stage thanks to Fender and the Artist Series Eric Johnson Stratocaster electric guitar. This carefully crafted axe has been custom-built to Eric's specifications, to fit the skills and styles of this versatile guitar guru. Whether you're looking to follow in the footsteps of a master or you're just in the market for a great guitar, the Eric Johnson Strat combines vintage features with modern flair.
Heavily Contoured Alder BodyEric Johnson has always shown an affinity for the Fenders of the '50s, and the Eric Johnson Strat pays homage to the stylings of these early electric guitars. Eric's Strat features a lightweight two-piece alder body with deep, '57-style body contours and cavities. The neck is constructed from a single piece of quarter-sawn maple with vintage tint, so it's quite robust and period-accurate. The body and neck have been sealed in a thin coat of nitrocellulose lacquer for a sleek, vintage look. The fingerboard features a 25.5-inch scale, 12-inch radius, and 21 frets, just like you'd expect to find on a classic Strat. And what's more, the Eric Johnson Strat also features a '57-style neck with softer and smoother contours and highly-polished frets, so running up and down the neck will be a breeze.
Custom HardwareEric's custom specifications are evident in this exquisite axe's hardware. Fender and Eric worked together to develop custom-wound single-coil pickups specifically voiced for his Stratocaster. Per Eric's spec, the guitar is equipped with a vintage-style five-spring tremolo without tremolo cover, and no paint between the base plate and the block. Even the pickguard and tuning machines are "retro," with a '57-style parchment pickguard and height-staggered vintage-style machine heads.
Features:- American-made Fender Artist Series Stratocaster electric guitar
- Two-piece alder body with deep '57-style body contours and cavities
- One-piece quartersawn maple '57-style soft V-shaped neck
- 25.5" scale maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and 12" radius
- Sleek nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Three specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk mounting screws
- One master volume and two tone control knobs with 5-way selector switch
- 5-spring American vintage synchronized tremolo without back plate cover
- Chrome bridge cover included
- Height staggered vintage-style tuning machines eliminate the need for string trees
- Nickel/chrome hardware
- Parchment plastic pickguard and knobs
- Fender USA 250R .010-.046 gauge nickel-plated steel strings included
- Fender Deluxe blonde hardshell case with brown ends and gold interior included
- Guitar strap and instrument cable also included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Artist Series
- Body: 2-Piece, Deep Contoured, '57 Style Lightweight Alder Body, (Thin Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer)
- Neck: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple, Soft 'V' Shape, (Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12 in. Radius (305 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Highly Polished Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 Special Design Custom Shop Eric Johnson Pickups with Countersunk Mounting Screws (Neck/Middle/Bridge)
Controls: Master Volume,
Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Ash Tray Bridge Cover
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh Staggered Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment, (8 Hole)
- Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650 in. (42 mm)
Unique Features: 1-Piece Quartersawn Soft 'V' Shape Vintage Tinted Maple Neck, Extra Smooth Neck to Headstock Volute, Special Neckplate with Engraved EJ and Kokopelli, 2-Piece Deep Contoured '57 Style Lightweight Alder Body, 1957 Style Body Cavities, 12 in. Radius Fingerboard, Countersunk Holes in Pickguard for Pickup Mounting Screws, Height Staggered Vintage Style Tuners which Eliminate the Need for String Trees, Vintage Tremolo with Silver Painted Block and '57 Style String Recess (No Paint Between Base Plate and Block), 4 Tremolo Springs and No Back Tremolo Cover Plate,
- Strings: Fender Super Bullets 3250 RH, Nickel Plated Steel
- Gauges: .010, .013, .017, .032, .042, .052
- Accessories: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case with Black Ends (Black Interior), Strap, Cable
- Case: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case with Black Ends (Black Interior)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- 2-Color Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, 2-Color Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender Eric Johnson Maple StratocasterFender is pleased to announce the long-awaited Eric Johnson Signature Model Stratocaster guitar. The brainchild of Johnson himself, this model is designed with Eric's own personal features and preferences, and it is made possible because of his expressed desire to give something back to the collectors, players and, especially, the fans who have supported him throughout his career.
The Eric Johnson Signature Model Fender Stratocaster guitar is built from some of the finest materials available. The light 2-piece alder body is dressed in a very thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and the 1-piece quarter-sawn maple neck sports a 12-inch fingerboard radius, 21 highly polished frets, and a soft "V" neck profile.
Additional features include staggered vintage-style machine heads, thus eliminating the need for a string tree; custom pickups with countersink screws and wound to Eric's specifications; and highly contoured body and neck.
It comes with a parchment '57-style pickguard, 5-Way Switch, Master Volume, Neck Tone and Bridge Tone controls, and a Vintage Tremolo with 4 tremolo springs, silver painted block and '57-style string recess with no paint between base plate and the block.