Layers Upon Layers of Punk-Approved Power!
Known for his trailblazing work with groups like Rancid and The Transplants, Tim Armstrong does like to quiet things down at times on more intimate songs. With the Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat-12 acoustic guitar, Armstrong fans can nail that same rich, deep tone from their favorite recordings.
Hear it in action with this video from Fender:
A Workhorse for Punk's Softer Side
Crafted in a square shoulder concert body shape, this guitar features a mahogany laminate back and sides and a solid mahogany top. The result is a tone that's warm and woody, while still keeping each note well-defined. Attached to the body is the Hellcat's maple neck with a satin finish. Topped with a rosewood fretboard, it comfortably hosts all 12 strings.
Twelve Strings Add Depth
The Hellcat's 12 strings sprawl out over the fretboard, meeting down at the elegant and wide rosewood bridge with compensated saddle. The 12-string design adds new depth to chord strumming and helps prove this isn't just a guitar for the black-denim-and-safety-pin crowd. Folk players will appreciate the power packed into the relatively thin body and R&B players will love how luscious seventh and other extended chords will sound through the Hellcat.
Electronics Bring the Hellcat to a Roar
Equipped with a Fishman Isys III pickup/preamp system, the Hellcat-12 is ready for the stage, helping you project that full-bodied sound to the back of the venue. The system includes volume, bass, mid, and treble controls that can sculpt the sound to your tastes. The Isis III also offers an onboard tuner to ensure each one of your 12 strings is on key throughout the show.
- 12-string design
- Concert body shape
- Solid mahogany top
- Laminated mahogany back and sides
- Scalloped x-bracing
- Maple neck
- 20-fret rosewood fretboard
- Fishman Isys III system includes tuner, volume, and EQ controls for tone shaping
- Chrome hardware
- Rosewood bridge with compensated saddle
- Synthetic bone nut
- "Hellcat" fretboard inlays
- Tim Armstrong signature on truss rod cover
- Tortoiseshell pickguard
- Includes Tim Armstrong "Let's Go" guitar strap
Strum up some debauchery across 12 strings with the Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat-12.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Tim Armstrong Hellcat-12
- Series: Artist DesignBody:
- Body: Solid Mahogany Top, Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides
- Body Shape: Concert
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Mahogany
- Body Finish: 0968312021, Satin
- Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
- Rosette: '70s F Style
- Body Binding: Multiple Body BindingsNeck:
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: "Hellcat" Position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Nut Width: 1.77" (45 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.3" (64.3 cm)Electronics:
- Special Electronics: Fishman(R) Isys III System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and TunerHardware:
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle
- Bridge Pins: White with Black Dots
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Auxiliary Switching: Built In Chromatic Tuner with On/Off Switch, Volume, Bass, Mid, TrebleMiscellaneous:
- Strings: Fender(R) Dura-Tone(R) Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Unique Features: 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, "Hellcat" position inlays, 12th-fret double-skulls inlay, Tim Armstrong signature on truss rod cover, cream body binding, black-painted headstock, synthetic bone nut and saddle, black bridge pins with white dotsAccessories
- Pickguards: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Included Accessories: Tim Armstrong "Let's Go" guitar strap
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat-12 AcousticThe richly resonant Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat-12 has distinctive features including a solid mahogany top with scalloped X bracing and four-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, "Hellcat" position inlays, 12-fret double-skulls inlay, Fishman(R) preamp and Armstrong's signature on the truss rod cover. Tim Armstrong wanted to rock a 12-string version of his distinctive Fender Hellcat Acoustic, one of the best-selling artist models in the history of Fender acoustic guitars.